PDA

View Full Version : Help! Last-minute 5th anniversary gift needed!

twotimesblue
09-12-2013, 05:31 PM
It's my fifth wedding anniversary this weekend and I just found out that the gift I had planned for DH won't get here for 2 weeks (the person making it got her dates wrong, apparently). He is tech-obsessed but has pretty much every gadget he needs. I was going to book a spa day but he is probably doing the same for me. Help! Any ideas that I can get shipped overnight???

Binkandabee
09-12-2013, 05:38 PM
What are you looking to spend?

TxCat
09-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Are you just looking for a nice gift, or do you have a theme in mind, ie, traditional 5th wedding anniversary is wood.

azzeps
09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Tickets to a sporting event or play or concert or some other event?

Five of something? Five bottles of wine? Five gift cards to his favorite places (Starbucks, restaurants, iTunes)?

dogmom
09-12-2013, 06:09 PM
A wood valet charging station?

indigo99
09-12-2013, 08:38 PM
He is tech-obsessed but has pretty much every gadget he needs.

Haha. My DH is the same and will never have every gadget he WANTS. Needs is always a different matter. He just bought himself a shop vac for the once-in-a-long-while uses he can come up with.

Bluetooth for his car? A new car stereo? nice, noise cancelling headphones?

Twoboos
09-12-2013, 09:36 PM
5 year old bottle of wine to hold onto and drink in 5 years? (Someone here suggested this to me when I was looking for a 15 year gift.) you could put it in a wooden wine holder.

twotimesblue
09-13-2013, 12:19 AM
5 year old bottle of wine to hold onto and drink in 5 years? (Someone here suggested this to me when I was looking for a 15 year gift.) you could put it in a wooden wine holder.

I love this idea! Most of the wine stores near me are pretty crappy but I will venture further afield tomorrow. If anyone has any more suggestions I'm all ears - found a great wooden retro valet charging station on Etsy but the guy who makes it can't ship for several weeks. I'm usually good with gifts but feel like I'm a hopeless wife now!