PDA

View Full Version : Can I dope smack my 10 yo?

dogmom
09-13-2013, 05:51 PM
When he comes into my BR and asks why I am in bed. And I go, "Really, you have already forgotten?" -that I had SURGERY yesterday. You know, that thing that we had to make special child care arrangements for to get you to your club soccer? That I will have 4 weeks off of work from. That I have explained in detail that I will not be able to lift anything weighing more than a gallon of milk. And DS goes, "But you surgery was yesterday!" Luckily my 7 yo DD had run up to see me first to check on me, so she gave him a verbal lashing for me.

kristenk
09-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Ugh. I'm glad your 7yo was there to speak up! Don't consider it dope smacking a 10yo - it's training someone to be a considerate future spouse.

Hope your recovery goes well!

Kestrel
09-13-2013, 06:41 PM
I would take that as an invitation to give him some of your chores while you're recovering... maybe he'll appreciate you more!

SnuggleBuggles
09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Ugh. I'm glad your 7yo was there to speak up! Don't consider it dope smacking a 10yo - it's training someone to be a considerate future spouse.

Hope your recovery goes well!

Indeed! Feel better!

lovin2shop
09-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Just know that you can always take revenge when he is a teenager by waking him at 7am by opening the curtains, turning on all the lights, and telling him that the lawn needs mowing! Hope you feel better soon!

citymama
09-13-2013, 08:11 PM
I must have missed this - what kind of surgery did you have? Hope your recovery goes well.

BunnyBee
09-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Yes. Plus the narcotics = intoxication defense.*

*Please don't take this as actual legal advice!

123LuckyMom
09-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Yes. Plus the narcotics = intoxication defense.*

*Please don't take this as actual legal advice!

LOL! In my better moments, I'd say his disregard was actually a compliment. He thinks you are invincible and nothing can sideline you for more than a few hours. While recovering from surgery, though, flail away-- but don't hurt yourself!

crl
09-13-2013, 11:54 PM
I would take that as an invitation to give him some of your chores while you're recovering... maybe he'll appreciate you more!

Heck yeah. Hope your recovery is swift and smooth!

Catherine

dogmom
09-17-2013, 09:19 AM
I must have missed this - what kind of surgery did you have? Hope your recovery goes well.

I had a TVT sling for urinary stress incontinence. I actually just spent time and posted about my whole decision in healthy you if people are interested. The thanks everyone for asking. I'm doing fine. I LOVE the husband training comment.

maestramommy
09-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Haha, I was JUST about say give him the dope smack now so he doesn't say the same thing to his wife someday!