PDA

View Full Version : Undershirts?

petesgirl
09-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Do your DC wear undershirts during the winter/cooler months?

SnuggleBuggles
09-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Nope. Too much extra laundry.

hillview
09-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Nope. Too much extra laundry.

:yeahthat:

jennilynn
09-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Occasionally. They wear as pajama tops with Hanna long John bottoms in the fall, and sometime under sweaters or long sleeved shirts in winter if it is really cold.

acmom
09-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Mine do bc we live in a cold climate and neither is very fond of sweaters/sweatshirts. So we often do a short sleeve undershirt under a long sleeve knit shirt. DD (5) wears actual white undershirts, DS (3) wears a mix of white undershirts and other tshirts under things.

baymom
09-14-2013, 12:51 PM
DS wears the short sleeved ones and DD wears camisoles when the weather is cooler.

1mom2dylan
09-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Yes always. Sleeveless under tanks in the summer and short sleeve undershirts in the spring, fall, then long or short sleeve undershirts in the winter.

Simon
09-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Yes, daily, either a true undershirt or a short sleeve t-shirt from late fall through spring. The layers are undershirt, long sleeve shirt and maybe a 1/4 zip fleece pull over, sweatshirt or other topper.

123LuckyMom
09-14-2013, 03:10 PM
DS wears one every day in the cool weather. He wears an undershirt then a long sleeve tee, a button down, or a sweater and a jacket on top. He has a fleece at school, too, in case he's feeling cold (and a long sleeved and short sleeved tee, so he can dress up or down.) Many's the day when I come to pick him up and find they've stripped him down to just his undershirt. Invariably it's too small and a strip of his belly is showing! Maybe I should not have him wear undershirts anymore, now that I think of it!

cagey
09-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Yes, daily, either a true undershirt or a short sleeve t-shirt from late fall through spring. The layers are undershirt, long sleeve shirt and maybe a 1/4 zip fleece pull over, sweatshirt or other topper.

This exactly, and dd wears a tank or Cami style one the same way.

AlbrightRC
09-14-2013, 03:52 PM
My son never has before but he just started Kindy this year and were told that its always a little chilly in his classroom. For this reason I went out and bought him some I was actually surprised when he came home with it still tucked in properly.

LMPC
09-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Yep, DD wears camis in the winter. I get them from Marks and Spencer's website. They are awesome!

fedoragirl
09-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes, DD wears camis from H&M which are organic cotton. Yay!
DS still wears onesies under his shirts.

JdrKuhnert
09-14-2013, 07:42 PM
My boys do wear undershirts in winter. We use a mix of white undershirts and left over short sleeve tshirts from summer.

joonbug
09-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes, once the temps fall, it keeps her warmer than just a long sleeve shirt. Just plain white tanks, we got some at old navy and fruit of the loom. I also keep the house a bit cool in winter so extra layer helps!

lizzywednesday
09-17-2013, 10:46 AM
No, but we also didn't do onesies under l/s shirts due to having to monitor her for "excessive" sweating.

I did buy her tank-style camisoles, but she doesn't like them very much & has refused to wear them.

AnnieW625
09-22-2013, 10:50 AM
I bought some for DD1 and she doesn't like them. I bought both Gymboree and Hanes and she doesn't like either. I only made her wear them underneath her white or light blue cotton uniform shirts, which she could wear with skirts last year. Now it isn't an option (have to wear polo shirts only, and dress shirts are for jumpers) so the undershirts are collecting dust.

ZeeBaby
09-22-2013, 11:19 AM
They both wear undershirts. Camisoles when it fall/early spring. Tanks in the winter.

abh5e8
09-22-2013, 01:09 PM
yes. onsies until the max out the 24 month carters size. then for ds1, i cut the bottom off the onsies and he wore those another year or 2. now he wears hanes white undershirts from target but the shrunk terribly (and are now super wide and short). ds2 still wears the onsies. dd wears tanks or camisols under clothes in the winter. we do keep our house pretty cold and they don't like to wear coats, so the undershirts really help. we usually do layers like a pp mentioned:
1. undershirt/cami
2. ls shirt (button down or tee)
3. fleece jacket or sometimes a half zip sweatshirt or fleece vest (or sweater for church)

eta: i need a good source for quality boys undershirts, white, size 5 or 5T or 6. any ideas?

mackmama
09-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Where do you all get the SS or LS undershirts? I can't find any that look thin enough.

ett
09-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Where do you all get the SS or LS undershirts? I can't find any that look thin enough.

I buy the SS Hanes ones at Target.