PDA

View Full Version : Envirosax 50-75% off

Daphnecita
09-15-2013, 08:14 AM
I just happened to look at their site yesterday and they are having this sale through 9/22. It's similar to the last sale thread posted here on BBB except I don't recall any 75% off in the last sale.

Bags are 50% off and slingsax, minisax, and stainless water bottles are 75% off (only one style left at 4.74). No code necessary, prices are already marked at the discount. Flat rate shipping is 5.95.

I love the graphic bags and these are excellent prices. I've tried a ton of other reusable bags and have dumped them all in favor of these. The only time I recall seeing them for less was once in a Living social (or maybe groupon) deal that had a set of bags offered at the same time as a $5 off code.

www.envirosax.com

MolieMuts
09-15-2013, 10:23 AM
I love my envirosax bags, I ordered them for the first time with the Living Social deal. I like that they hold so much, I can carry them on my shoulder and throw them in the washing machine when they get dirty. Has anyone tried the cotton or hemp bags? I would like to get some that my DH will use, I think I got the most feminine print the last time.

twowhat?
09-15-2013, 11:08 AM
I ordered through the last sale too and they are really great. The mini ones are worthless though - don't waste your money. But anything from the graphic series is a thumbs up. Even my Dad, who lives in CA, was coveting them when he came to visit since they have to use reusable bags at the grocery stores and I ended up giving him a few girly print ones, which he didn't mind...he just wanted them for the functionality! I might order him a couple more less girly ones. And I ordered some for both grandmas and both have said that they've had people stop them at the farmers market or grocery to ask where they got them. I also ordered a bunch last time as teacher gifts for Christmas.

urquie
09-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks OP! These will be nice teachers gifts.

One bag went out of stock, from my shopping cart, so they may go quick.

Melaine
09-15-2013, 12:19 PM
I ordered through the last sale too and they are really great. The mini ones are worthless though - don't waste your money. But anything from the graphic series is a thumbs up. Even my Dad, who lives in CA, was coveting them when he came to visit since they have to use reusable bags at the grocery stores and I ended up giving him a few girly print ones, which he didn't mind...he just wanted them for the functionality! I might order him a couple more less girly ones. And I ordered some for both grandmas and both have said that they've had people stop them at the farmers market or grocery to ask where they got them. I also ordered a bunch last time as teacher gifts for Christmas.

how many/ how did you give them as teacher gifts? How are the sets packaged? does one bag alone look like a dinky gift? (not thinking of giving main teacher only one but perhaps some of the assistants.)
Or
what about the slingsacks?

Thanks for posting, OP!

twowhat?
09-15-2013, 12:30 PM
how many/ how did you give them as teacher gifts? How are the sets packaged? does one bag alone look like a dinky gift? (not thinking of giving main teacher only one but perhaps some of the assistants.)
Or
what about the slingsacks?

Thanks for posting, OP!

Yeah, I think one bag looks kind of dinky. Since I ordered the minis last time, I am going to put 2 bags in each mini sax (using the mini sax as the gift bag) and then maybe add a pack of sharpies or something consumable/useful...haven't decided yet and will probably be coming back here for ideas. Maybe a Bath & Body works hand soap or something for the younger assistant teachers? I dunno, that might be dumb.

Another idea is to use one bag, rolled up, and attach a Target gift card or similar to it, so it'd be like a little shopping package:) Teacher can take the bag and the gift card and have everything they'd need for a shopping trip. And with a $10 gift card, it wouldn't be TOO expensive and would make a nice teacher gift.

Or, maybe use one bag and inside include some packs of construction paper, markers, etc? Stuff that they could use in the classroom. But maybe that's dumb too,and maybe teachers hate getting stuff that's "work-related", I dunno! Hoping some teachers chime in here.

wencit
09-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks for posting, OP! I've been racking and racking my brain trying to come up with a birthday gift idea for my friend, and this is perfect. I took the plunge and ordered a set for myself, too. I never bought in the past because I couldn't justify spending $15 on something that I could get for free, but hopefully they will be worth it, based on all the rave reviews here. The BBB has rarely let me down!

tryin
09-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I think one bag looks kind of dinky. Since I ordered the minis last time, I am going to put 2 bags in each mini sax (using the mini sax as the gift bag) and then maybe add a pack of sharpies or something consumable/useful...haven't decided yet and will probably be coming back here for ideas. Maybe a Bath & Body works hand soap or something for the younger assistant teachers? I dunno, that might be dumb.

Another idea is to use one bag, rolled up, and attach a Target gift card or similar to it, so it'd be like a little shopping package:) Teacher can take the bag and the gift card and have everything they'd need for a shopping trip. And with a $10 gift card, it wouldn't be TOO expensive and would make a nice teacher gift.

Or, maybe use one bag and inside include some packs of construction paper, markers, etc? Stuff that they could use in the classroom. But maybe that's dumb too,and maybe teachers hate getting stuff that's "work-related", I dunno! Hoping some teachers chime in here.

i teach second grade and would love an envirosax gift bag. I love the idea of the gift card attached to one rolled bag, especially the red bag with a target card. I have a red and tan houdstooth envirosax bag and I call that my Target bag. I love any gift from students, except candy, but that's personal preference. I don't eat candy. You can't go wrong with a Target gift card. I use my envirosax to haul all my papers, etc back and forth to work.

I also think the minisax are great for little toddlers. so they can shop like mom and dad. I always get oohs and aahs from the check out clerks, even the young guy with cool tatoos raved over my bags, lol!

I hesitated at first too about buying bags. But they are more than just environmentally friendly. They really are sooo much easier to use than the plastic grocery bags and you don't have mounds of thousands of plastic bags in your house. Although I have huge arms, I can still throw some on my shoulder and have some in my hands at the same time. They hold so much and turn several trips from trunk to kitchen into just 2-3 trips because you don't have twenty or so tiny grocery bags. The clerks are always so scared to pack the envirosax, I tell them to go ahead and stuff them, they can handle it!

elbenn
09-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Anyone have the slings? If so, how do you like them? Also, as for the water bottles, they say there are sports caps available to purchase separately, but I don't see them on their site. Would a kleen canteen sports cap fit on them?

Momit
09-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah, it needs a little something more than just the bag. As PPs mentioned, tying a gift card to it or using it as a bag for some goodies would work well. Even with a $5 Starbucks or Target card it would be a nice gift, then you could go a little higher $ value for the main teachers. There was a thread about Envirosax a while back where someone asked if it would seem like a dinky gift if some people might think it was like the .99 bags at Publix. I think as soon as the person unfolds it they will see it's a much nicer bag. I now have quite a stockpile of these to use for gifts once DS starts school!

hellokitty
09-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Ah, well I went ahead and bought some. I should have gotten some during that living social deal, but kept telling myself that I have enough reusable bags that I shouldn't buy more. The thing is, I don't like my hemp bags that much, so rarely use them, and the mish mash of other reusable bags I have are mixed. A lot of those store brand (99 cent ones), are pretty crappy. They just don't last. I bought a bunch of chico bags, but am disappointed that they have not held up as well as I would have thought. Anyway, I bought the cherry pk, the green daisy sling tote (will be handy for the farmer's market when I want my hands free), the stainless water bottle and couple of pouches to organize my bags, since I am finding that if I am not organized, it defeats the purpose of having reusable bags. Anyway, I hope that I like them. If I do, next time there is a good deal, I will probably get a few more bags to complete a new stash.

NCGrandma
09-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks, OP -- I just finished my first Christmas shopping of the year and saved a bunch! I had gotten a number of the regular bags on the last sale and my whole family loves them. This time, I got slingsax for everyone except 2-y.o. DGD, who will get a minisax. For me, another regular bag and one of the small water bottles.

By the way, the note on their home page sounds like they're clearing everything out because they're changing their line. Anyone know anything more?

jvs195
09-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Thank you - I can't really justify more Envirosax for me (since mine are still going strong after 5+ years of use) but I love the idea of one with a gift card for the teacher gifts.

ang79
09-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Anyone have a slingsax? Just curious how much it holds comfortably while wearing cross body. I normally take a regular envirosax or chicco bag to farmer's market and stuff it full, but this bag looks like it would hold a lot less?

So tempted to pick up some of the 4 packs, though I don't really need for myself, and I only have 1 main elem. teacher and 2 aides to buy gifts for this year. Not sure if any of my family or friends would fully appreciate these bags as gifts :(

SoloMelody
09-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Have not seen any of these in person. For a grocery bag it's ok if they feel polyestery. I am considering the slingsax for using as a casual cross body bag for beach/pool, workout etc. what is that material feel like?

lele
09-16-2013, 02:49 AM
http://www.envirosax.com/kids-series.html If you are buying 3 bags, make sure to add one of these for free! I got 3 bags and one of these with the last sale and they are so great. All 3 store in this little pouch that I always keep in my diaper bag. Every store here requires you to have your own bags, so these are great when I forget the bigger shopping bags I usually use.

nupe
09-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks for posting. I had an option at checkout for "free shipping" via UPS mail innovation. Could not figure out what that meant (? longer than 15 days for 5.95 shipping) but went ahead and selected it anyway. My order was over $100. I think the camo graphic bags will be cute for my boys!

boltfam
09-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks, OP! I got a 4 bag set and a pouch.

wendibird22
09-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Gave these as teacher/daycare gifts last year. I put one bag plus a small GC to Wegmans in a small gift bag. I have two myself and they are great. I keep them in my car for those unscheduled stops to the store for mid-week food items. Love them.

elbenn
09-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks for posting, OP. I placed an order for some graphic bags, sling bags, and a couple of organic bags. There are some adorable organic bags!

Club924
09-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks OP! Finished my christmas shopping for the office as well as for DD's teachers! Bought the envirosax 2 years ago for the office (graphic designs) and they all loved it. When you have 12 co-workers, you have to find bargain deals. This year, they'll be getting the organic bags.

HonoluluMom
09-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks OP. I got a bunch for Christmas gifts for the teachers and neighbors.

Twoboos
09-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Just wanted to bump and say this sale has been extended thru Oct 2! But oddly, none of the prices seem to be "sale" prices. Hmmm.

http://www.envirosax.com

NCGrandma
09-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Just wanted to bump and say this sale has been extended thru Oct 2! But oddly, none of the prices seem to be "sale" prices. Hmmm.

Hmmm indeed -- I just checked and everything I looked at (bags, water bottles) is shown at the 50-75% off prices. Maybe your browser has an old cached copy of the site? A few things are marked out of stock but it looks like they've still got lots of stuff.

BTW, I just got my order a couple of days ago.

div_0305
09-29-2013, 10:11 AM

:yeahthat: I cleared my cache and all, and still don't see the "sale" prices either.

NCGrandma
09-29-2013, 11:24 AM
:yeahthat: I cleared my cache and all, and still don't see the "sale" prices either.

That's so bizarre -- I just checked again with a browser I don't normally use (so no previous copy), and I'm definitely seeing the sale prices. In fact, it looks like they now have a multi-pack of slingsax for even less $$ than I paid a couple of weeks ago.

Twoboos
09-29-2013, 11:36 AM
After I posted that, I checked and did see the sale prices. And now I don't again! Totally weird.