PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You note question

twowhat?
09-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Most of the kids who came to my girls' bday party are no longer in their class (they went on to Kindy, my girls miss the cutoff). I only have phone numbers and email addresses of the parents from their RSVPs. I helped the girls paint a big "Thank You" banner (I outlined, they painted) and took a pic of them holding it up with big smiles.

Would it be a total etiquette fail to email/text this picture to the parents with a (personalized, of course) note about how much my girls liked the gifts? I otherwise don't have any contact information for these folks.

For the ones who are still in their class, I will do handwritten thank you notes to put into those kids' folders.

Thoughts?

eta: thank you notes here have been all over the range for their class. From no thank you at all (which happens the most, surpringly- I've gotten maybe 3 thank you notes out of the 8+ parties we've attended), to thank you notes placed in their folders, to texted thank you notes.

georgiegirl
09-15-2013, 02:11 PM
I would email the parents and ask for addresses.

JustMe
09-15-2013, 02:29 PM
I think that is adorable and would have no problem with that.

SnuggleBuggles
09-15-2013, 02:52 PM
The past few years, I've emailed thank you's along with pictures of ds2 with the present. Went over great!

Momit
09-15-2013, 03:29 PM
I think anything you do for a thank you is nice. We have never received a thank you not from a classmate's party, I was starting to think people just don't do them anymore. I would be tempted to do the same email thank you for everyone, though, rather than written for some guests and email for others.

ha98ed14
09-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I would prefer the email with photo because I would not feel guilty about throwing away a paper one. i never know what to do with the sweet cards. Is keep them for a while to stave off the guilt of throwing them out. If it's an email, I can just keep it.

Pennylane
09-15-2013, 03:49 PM
I am a big advocate of writing thank you note, but I think that is a cute idea and would be happy to receive it. IMHO, any thank you is better than none at all!

Ann

123LuckyMom
09-15-2013, 04:05 PM
I am a big advocate of writing thank you note, but I think that is a cute idea and would be happy to receive it. IMHO, any thank you is better than none at all!

Ann

This is how I feel. The thank you note is, unfortunately, a dying art. I think your guests will be grateful to receive the email, but I'd send the email to everyone, not just the folks whose addresses you don't have.

Globetrotter
09-15-2013, 04:44 PM
I would love that! It's more personalized than the ones that just say "Thank you for the gift" and it does involve the birthday girls.

petesgirl
09-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Yep, do it.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-15-2013, 05:15 PM
I would do it and not think twice about it. It sounds awesome. I think personalization and showing you made an effort to acknowledge gift was appreciated is key in thank you notes and this has both of those. :)

I also have to agree with PP, its nice to get written thank yous, but then after i read them i'm like, do i just toss them in the trash? LOL

twowhat?
09-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks all! I sent them all tonight and already got a couple of "you're welcome, cute picture!" responses back:)