PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a traditional mop!

twowhat?
09-15-2013, 02:31 PM
That's right. The kind you wring out in a bucket. Is there one that's relatively easy to use? When I mop, I like to do so with a dilute cleanser (vinegar or Babyganics) and then I like to go back and mop again with clear water and then sometimes one more time with clear water and I like to use a mop that can actually be dunked into a bucket of water with water changed out until the water is satisfactorily clean for me:) I don't like the foam mops, and I don't want a steam mop, and the swiffer wet jet or similar doesn't cut it for me.

I went and bought a Libman Wonder Mop (based on searching past threads here) and while it's easy to use, the head is just way too small/not enough coverage....if it had a fluffier head with many more microfiber strips, I'd be happy with it. It'd be fine for a small house or apartment but we're in a larger home with lots of floor space to clean. What I did like about it was that it was easy to sort of adjust how much moisture was left in the mop strings by how many times you wring it and the microfiber could wring out nearly dry (too dry, really).

Would the Libman Tornado work better? We have engineered hardwood so it's not a problem for a mop to be pretty damp so long as the water dries within several minutes.

acmom
09-15-2013, 02:46 PM
What about a Rubbermaid revel mop? It has a large microfiber pad that you can throw in the wash along with a reusable bottle that attaches. I fill mine with a diluted vinegar solution to do my hardwoods. You could buy an extra pad and extra bottle if ou wanted to be able to switch it out to plain water.

cairo06
09-15-2013, 02:46 PM
I've been using this mop for the past year and really like it. I used to use the microfiber cloth mops from this same brand, but I feel like I can cover more surface area faster with this type. You do have to buy the special bucket for it, but I think its worth it. I got some of the extra mop refills and toss them in the washer to clean.

http://www.amazon.com/Vileda-Ultra-Max-Mop-Bucket/dp/B007C4VMWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379270384&sr=8-1&keywords=vileda+ (http://www.amazon.com/Vileda-Ultra-Max-Mop-Bucket/dp/B007C4VMWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379270384&sr=8-1&keywords=vileda+mop)