PDA

View Full Version : Quick question - website when you need generic images - photos, pictures, icons, etc?

magnoliaparadise
09-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Hi,
I would love your advice. My DC has homework to find or download some relevant (to her class) images.
Where would you find these? Would you just help DC google the subject and the word 'photos' or is there a good site with better images?

I thought maybe Homeschoolers mght know this answer off the top of their head? I never do this stuff, but I assume there are a bunch of sites?

I'm looking for preferably free or very cheap dowloads (I saw 'shudder stock' and signed up, but the downloads are super expensive, like $15 for one image).

TIA!

Mermanaid
09-15-2013, 08:27 PM
When we are searching for images we go to google images. Images.google.com. Just put in your search words and let the engine do the work. You can click on a picture to print it or go to the site it is hosted.

3blackcats
09-15-2013, 08:41 PM
From a copyright standpoint you can't google the images and print/use them. You need to secure permission from the original owner of the pictures. You are protected if it's for education somewhat as you can use something in education as long as it is not for profit. Creative Commons has images. When I get to my computer I will post some links. Remember to cite your source :-)

ETA: http://www.sxc.hu Has images that are free and can be used without worry of copyright.