PDA

View Full Version : Piggy Paints?

TwoBees
09-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Is this good "nail polish" for a 4 year old? Thanks.

ladysoapmaker
09-16-2013, 09:28 AM
I think so. No formaldehyde. My girls "chew" off their nail polish and I feel more comfortable using Piggy Paints then any other on the market.

Jennifer

lizzywednesday
09-16-2013, 10:06 AM
It's free of the nasties like formaldehyde ... and it also doesn't REEK like regular nail polish.

I've switched to Piggy Paint for ME as well as feeling fine about using it on DD.

Snow mom
09-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Yes, it's fine for that age. I do think it chips more quickly than some nail polish but it's hard to tell how much of that is just that my DD is hard in her nail polish. For me the biggest advantage is that it dries quickly. DD is just now getting to the point where she can sit for long enough for adult polish to dry (usually). I use some of the less toxic adult polishes for her as well.

wendibird22
09-16-2013, 01:10 PM
My girls use it. But it really chips off quickly. I think both girls have bare nails within 48 hrs.

AnnieW625
09-16-2013, 01:19 PM
I have never used it. I just use regular formaldehyde free OPI, Essie, Deborah Lippman, or China Glaze nail polishes. I only do one coat on the fingers, sometimes two on my DD1's toes and it dries pretty quickly as well.

lizzywednesday
09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
My girls use it. But it really chips off quickly. I think both girls have bare nails within 48 hrs.

I don't care that it doesn't last on DD - saves me fighting with her to remove it!

citymama
09-16-2013, 05:22 PM
yes, perfect!

SoCalMommy
09-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Love it, especially for that age!

wellyes
09-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Yes, it's nice.
I just use regular polish (rarely) but we had a jar of piggy paint, and it was a nice opaque tone that thrilled DD.
You have to use their special remover, or wait for it to wear off.

Tenasparkl
09-16-2013, 06:40 PM
That's the only thing I don't like about it. My DD likes to have her nails painted in a rainbow and the piggy paint colors in the group can't be removed with regular polish remover like the other colors.

infomama
09-17-2013, 12:50 PM
We have a piggy paint obsession around here. I think I have 15 colors. You can absolutely use regular polish remover as well. I only bought the PP remover the first time I purchased it. Their remover is very mild so it is a good thing to use BUT...we use regular polish remover all the time to get it off.

lizzywednesday
09-17-2013, 12:54 PM

No, you don't.

It comes off very easily using these, which stink but don't reek:

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/nails/tools/nail_polish_remover_pads

If you use regular remover, you need to completely soak a cotton ball & let it sit a little bit before it comes off, but you can totally use regular remover!!

Tenasparkl
09-17-2013, 01:44 PM
I wonder why I can't get it off with regular remover? I can't remember if I tried with acetone or non-acetone but I'll try the other. Thanks!

lizzywednesday
09-17-2013, 01:46 PM
I wonder why I can't get it off with regular remover? I can't remember if I tried with acetone or non-acetone but I'll try the other. Thanks!

The elf pads are slightly textured, so I think that helps a bit.