PDA

View Full Version : Which winter coat for a toddler boy?

AnimalBabe
09-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi all! My son just turned 3, and is in the lower percentile for weight and height. I am looking at buying someone's unused Children's place 3-in-1 coat for $20 (size 3T), or their used Gap bubble coat (which might have an inner removable lining from the picture posted, but I"m not sure).

Which would you all recommend? I have no experience with 3-in-1 coats, but was hoping it would be warm enough for winter. I like the idea of just using the inner part too for the fall. I also don't know if Children's place runs big or small.

Thoughts? Thank you!!

Kindra178
09-16-2013, 01:44 PM
What's your climate? I have heard a ton of criticism of the TCP 3 in 1 on my Chicago board as well as from other parents. It would be fine for MD or NC though.

AnimalBabe
09-16-2013, 02:16 PM
What's your climate? I have heard a ton of criticism of the TCP 3 in 1 on my Chicago board as well as from other parents. It would be fine for MD or NC though.

We live in Northern VA.

Kindra178
09-16-2013, 04:28 PM
By Gap "bubble coat" do you mean down jacket? That lining is not removable; it's a fleece lining sewn into the jacket. Lots of reviews here on the Gap Warmest Jacket, which is what I think you are describing. Based on my personal experience, I think it's really warm. We didn't have major construction defects with it, but it definitely looked well worn after one season of use. Granted, our season is long here and I technically could have passed it down, I chose not to. I wouldn't hesitate to get it again if I knew my kid was only going to wear it one season without it being passed down.