PDA

View Full Version : Give me your favorite fundraisers for sports teams!

mom2binsd
09-16-2013, 10:25 PM
DS made the travel hockey team and we're looking for some new ideas.

We hope to do a pancake breakfast at Applebee's, it was done last year and was a huge hit and made good money, but they might be already booked for the year, it's a popular place.

We will probably sell fresh wreaths in early December, they sell for 20.00, we keep 10.00 and that should be a pretty easy sell.

Any other favorite things you've either bought and didn't mind or something you have done that wasn't too difficult to sell.

It's nice to sell something that's useful, yummy and not too overpriced.

The organzation does an adult dinner/auction that raises quite a bit as well.

bigsis
09-16-2013, 10:56 PM
How much are you trying to raise? A few ideas could be going to an indoor play/trampoline/skate place. You pay $5 per person and charge $10 per person for a private time.

mom2binsd
09-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm not sure how much we expect to raise, but the Applebee's breakfast did so well in the past. We live in a small city, no trampoline type places and the ice rink is booked up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TwinFoxes
09-16-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm a sucker for a raffle. But the prize has to be good, like an iPad. You can charge a lot more money for the tix if the prize is good.

rupptopia
09-17-2013, 01:14 AM
A friend of mine did a movie fundraiser for their team - they cut a deal with a local movie theater to show a current movie on an off time and sold tickets, Sunday morning I think. Turned out really well for them.

AngB
09-17-2013, 04:41 AM
Out here there is a pizza company that does fundraiser frozen pizzas and cookie dough that is really good, people would actually ask us for it.

DietCokeLover
09-17-2013, 06:14 AM
A Fuddruckers near us lets organizations come in to bus tables, get guests refills, etc and any tips they receive go to the organization. You might see if you could do something like that in a restaurant that doesn't normally have waiters.

KrisM
09-17-2013, 06:28 AM
We do lock-ins at the school. For $10/kid, parents can leave them at the school on a Friday 7-9 or so. We show a movie, have face painting, have the gym open, and do other fun things. All supervised, of course.

hellokitty
09-17-2013, 07:25 AM
I like the discount cards. Our school football team sold them yrs ago. They had about 12 businesses that offered a freebie or good discount. The card was good for a yr and you could use it as many times as you wanted. Like a free ice cream cone with any McDonalds purchase. A free personal pan pizza everytime you ordered a large pizza. That kind of stuff. It was a laminated card with all of the discounts listed on it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

hellokitty
09-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Oh and they charged $10 for the card and it was well worth it.

Pennylane
09-17-2013, 07:29 AM
I like the discount cards. Our school football team sold them yes ago. They had about 12 businesses that offered a freebie or good discount. The card was good for a yr and uiu could use it as many times as you wanted. Like a free ice cream cone with any McDonalds purchase. A free personal pan pizza everyone you ordered a large pizza. That kind of stuff. It was a laminated card with all of the discounts listed on it.

I love these also! One of my favorite fundraisers that I never mind buying is Butter Braids! They are so yummy. My df daughter's gymnastic school sells these twice a year and she says they always do very well.

Ann

Jen841
09-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Ideas....
Old Fashion Spaghetti Dinner - have the players do the cleaning/bussing of the tables. As local stores for food or item donations
"Family Night" somewhere - Can you rent out your YMCA for a family play/swim night?
Wrapping gifts at the holidays - will they let you use the rink lobby? At the same time you could do a bake sale.
Pizza Bingo - we do it as a FUNraiser but you could
Sell Hoagie dinners - again could use the rink - Hoagies, bag(s) of chips and a 2 Liter of Pop to take home for your family dinner