PDA

View Full Version : What are your DCs going to be for Halloween?

trcy
09-17-2013, 06:07 AM
I am drawing a blank this year & looking for ideas. Thanks!

AJP
09-17-2013, 06:26 AM
DS (2) is going to be a sock monkey if the costume fits and DDs BOTH wanted to be peacocks. Once they choose and I buy, I can not let one costume catalog come into the house or they will change their minds. My girls had totally different ideas till they saw the peacocks.

georgiegirl
09-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Dd wants to be a witch and DS a fireman.

TwinFoxes
09-17-2013, 07:18 AM
As of now, we have one witch and one puppy. I'm still pushing for Jake and Izzy, which is what they wanted to do last year, but I couldn't find the costumes.

elephantmeg
09-17-2013, 08:22 AM
DS wants to be the creeper from minecraft
DD wants to be cinderella

boolady
09-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Hermione Granger.

lizzywednesday
09-17-2013, 09:03 AM
As of now, we have one witch and one puppy. I'm still pushing for Jake and Izzy, which is what they wanted to do last year, but I couldn't find the costumes.

I've seen those costumes at Disney Store Outlet stores. Do you have one near you?

lizzywednesday
09-17-2013, 09:05 AM
DD is waffling between a dragon (PBK) and a fairy (also PBK.)

While both costumes are wonderful, I would really prefer the dragon because it's easier to dress warmly under it!

lmh2402
09-17-2013, 09:12 AM
DS is going to be an octopus - not sure if i'll buy this http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/giant-octopus-costume/productinfo/34991/ (i think it's ugly, but not sure i can make one better). or maybe this,but it looks kind of junky, right? http://www.lunabellboutique.com/kids-safari-full-body-octopus-costume-toddler-and-kids-sizesbaby-and-kids-halloween-costumes.html

DD is going to be a pumpkin

carolinacool
09-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Not sure. DS still doesn't quite get the concept. When I throw out suggestions, he says fireman, which was what he was last year. And that's fine. We still have the Melissa and Doug costume and it's cute without being fussy.

ilfaith
09-17-2013, 09:51 AM
DS 2 and 3 are going to be Power Rangers (bought the costumes a Costco a month ago)

DS1 wants to be Percy Jackson or a Gladiator.

crl
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Three year old dd is going to be a rock star. She doesn't like to wear costumes so I bought her a black peasant dress with mod circle pattern and sequined boots. She can carry one of our plastic microphones.

Ten year old ds is undecided. We have brainstormed a bunch but he hasn't loved any of the ideas. Yesterday he said wizard, but he's not into Harry Potter so I will have to see what non-Harry Potter wizard ideas I can find if he is still interested today. I told him he needs to decide soon because I am not scrambling for a costume at the last minute.

Catherine

Dream
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
DD1 wants to be a skeleton and I bought a Bat costume for DD2, she's only 2.5 so she doesn't know who she wants to be.

Ms B
09-17-2013, 10:26 AM
We're planning for The Biscuit to be a hot dog. He was a lobster last year, so there definitely is a theme here!

jam224
09-17-2013, 10:31 AM
DD is 2.5 and will be Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. I bought the costume at a consignment sale in the spring, complete with matching toy Toto in a wicker basket, and I recently bought red shoes off of eBay, so I'm all set!

1mom2dylan
09-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Spider-Man from the Disney Store

codex57
09-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Power Rangers. From Costco's selection.

BabbyO
09-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm trying to convince them to be Minions or Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Giantbear
09-17-2013, 11:21 AM
today, dd wants to be ariel

♥ms.pacman♥
09-17-2013, 11:28 AM
DS wants to be Percy (from Thomas & Friends). He announced this two months ago and hasn't changed his mind, so I just bought the costume for $17 on amazon :)
DD wants to be Dora, i think. Though after seeing DS with his costume she may want to be Thomas. I happened to find a nice Thomas costume at Once Upon a Child for $6, so we can use that, or we could use DS's Thomas costume from last year.

If they end up being Thomas and Percy this will be the 3rd Halloween in a row that all costumes were Thomas-themed!

secchick
09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
My older kids are going to be Princess Leia and Darth Vader. And the toddler is going as an Ewok.

AngB
09-17-2013, 12:34 PM
DS wants to be Percy (from Thomas & Friends). He announced this two months ago and hasn't changed his mind, so I just bought the costume for $17 on amazon :)
DD wants to be Dora, i think. Though after seeing DS with his costume she may want to be Thomas. I happened to find a nice Thomas costume at Once Upon a Child for $6, so we can use that, or we could use DS's Thomas costume from last year.

If they end up being Thomas and Percy this will be the 3rd Halloween in a row that all costumes were Thomas-themed!

I hope DS doesn't see a Percy costume or I'm afraid he'll want that too. It's not the costume that's the problem, he doesn't have his "r" sound down yet, and I'd rather not have him spend the night telling people he is "pussy" over and over again, which is what it sounds like he is saying for Percy.
He's 2 so I'm probably just going to make him be Thomas since I think that's what he would most likely pick and stay with.

Binkandabee
09-17-2013, 12:34 PM
DD#1 (10) is going to be Steve from Minecraft.
DD#2 (5) is going to be this...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spider-Countess-Child-Halloween-Costume/4960808

BabyBearsMom
09-17-2013, 01:24 PM
DD1 is going to be Princess Belle (her choice). DD2 is going to be a cow because that is what DD1 was and I still have the costume.

Tenasparkl
09-17-2013, 01:36 PM
DD wants to be Ariel, but in a green dress like at Ariel's Grotto at Disneyland. I found one on amazon that I think will work. There are gorgeous gowns on etsy, but I'm not buying one for $300!

DS is going to be Elmo. We tried it on him over the weekend and and loved it. So cute!

bisous
09-17-2013, 01:37 PM
DS2 wants to be Kai from Ninjago. I don't know what DS1 wants to be yet. I buy costumes on Oct. 1. Otherwise my kids tend to change their minds and that just doesn't work for me, lol.

jgenie
09-17-2013, 01:39 PM
DS1 wants to be a ghost like in The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and DS2 wants to be a knight. They want me to be a mummy. :)

Mommy_Mea
09-17-2013, 02:05 PM
DS2 is going to be a shark, again, the costume fits for two years and is adorable on the under 3 crowd. Looks like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BabyStyle-Velveteen-Shark-Infant-Boy-Girl-Halloween-Costume-Sz-6-12mo-EUC-/181214669635?pt=US_Costumes&hash=item2a313c6b43

DS1 was going to be a ladybug again (his choice, he loves ladybugs), but decided he wanted to be Neptune, the planet. He is obsessed with the solar system and Neptune is his favorite. So now I get crafty to make Neptune :)

mommylamb
09-17-2013, 02:25 PM
DS1 is going to be a knight and DS2 is going to be a dragon.

rlu
09-17-2013, 02:32 PM
DS is going to be a 49er football player. The main pieces of the outfit came from target (helmet, pants) and we'll get him a new jersey (Kaepernick) since he's outgrowing his (Gore). The target outfit includes a jersey, but it's too small to go over the shoulder pads DH has for him. Normally we wouldn't spend this much but the Kaepernick jersey should last a few years (and he went with some super easy and inexpensive costumes in the past so overall we're ok on costume price average).

I think it's fine for kids to be the same thing two years in a row - DS was Speed Racer two years and it worked out great for us. We just sold the M helmet at a garage sale.