PDA

View Full Version : Super prego Halloween costume?

bisous
09-17-2013, 01:48 PM
I will be 39 weeks + on Halloween this year. Can anyone think of a TASTEFUL but funny Halloween costume? Pinterest was not helpful to me! I was thinking I'd just wear canvas and go as a "tent". I don't actually have to have a costume, either, it just seems almost like a missed opportunity if I don't this time around.

StantonHyde
09-17-2013, 02:08 PM
A friend of mine went as a Starbelly Sneetch (from Dr. Seuss, the Sneetches). It was cute. She just wore a huge yellow shirt/sweatshirt and put red star on the belly. Not sure what she did with the rest of her!

bisous
09-17-2013, 02:19 PM
That is a cute idea! I like that one!

Jacksmommy2b
09-17-2013, 02:20 PM
I was plenty pregnant a few years back and I wore black shirt, black pants and painted my belly yellow. I was a speed bump :)

BabbyO
09-17-2013, 02:23 PM
I like both idea above. Mike Wazowski (from Monsters, Inc) was the first thing that came to mind. But maybe that is because I saw the largest googly eye I've ever seen in my life at Michaels on Sunday and was thinking that it would be perfect for a Mike Wazowski costume.

bisous
09-17-2013, 02:24 PM
I like both idea above. Mike Wazowski (from Monsters, Inc) was the first thing that came to mind. But maybe that is because I saw the largest googly eye I've ever seen in my life at Michaels on Sunday and was thinking that it would be perfect for a Mike Wazowski costume.

My kids (and DH) would LOVE that idea! You guys are so creative!

Love all the ideas. But seriously if I can find the huge googly eye, I'm going with that! :)

kaharris83
09-17-2013, 02:25 PM
http://babyhalfoff.com/inspire-your-walls-skeleton-iron-on-decals

I think someone here had something similar to this last year.

twowhat?
09-17-2013, 02:25 PM
I love the star bellied sneetch idea! LOL!!

An old coworker did "Cat who swallowed a fishbowl" one year. She drew on whiskers and wore cat ears, and had her belly painted so that it looked like a whole fishbowl (all blue) with a fish in it. Since her belly was completely covered in paint, I didn't feel it was revealing. But, you could do the same thing with a fitted t-shirt:)

Mopey
09-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I did this when NOT prego, but got it from a friend who was super prego. We went to the Village Parade that year and it was a HIT:

I was a CARE BEAR!!!

Sleepytime - blue sweatsuit with sutffed socks (the toes & ball part) sewn to the hood. Then I painted a white t-shirt and cut out the cirlce (I stuffed and sewed a pillow but you've got the belly!!) and pinned it to the front of my sweatshirt. And I did the cheeky little heart & tail on the bum too (you use the rest of the socks) :D LOVED it. SO COMFY!! Tons of compliments and no others!

Hope you have fun no matter what!!

BabbyO
09-17-2013, 02:33 PM
My kids (and DH) would LOVE that idea! You guys are so creative!

Love all the ideas. But seriously if I can find the huge googly eye, I'm going with that! :)

It was at least 6" in diameter and at Michaels. Let me know if you really want one and can't find it near you. I'm more than willing to help you out...

BabbyO
09-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Oops...double post

jennilynn
09-17-2013, 02:43 PM
I was Juno one year, although the movie was recent then. I like PPs ideas

twowhat?
09-17-2013, 02:44 PM
I love the Care Bear idea too - I did a Care Bear costume for myself one year, with the heart on the bum and everything and I loved it. Comfiest costume ever!

bisous
09-17-2013, 02:45 PM
BabbyO that is so sweet of you! I'll make a Michael's run soon and check it out. I bet I can find it. :)

georgiegirl
09-17-2013, 02:47 PM
I did the catholic school girl thing when I was pregnant with DD, but I was not super pregnant. I wore s plaid skirt and a white button down top and had my hair in pigtails (like Britney Spears way back then.). Obviously not appropriate for family trick-or-treating, but awesome for an adult only audience.

indigo99
09-17-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm no help, but I'd be looking into newborn costumes instead because I've never made it to 39 weeks. My mom went trick-or-treating with us one Halloween, and it put her into labor so my little sister was born the morning of November 1.

kristenk
09-17-2013, 05:09 PM
How about a gum ball machine? (Saw a kids costume for that today!)

zukeypur
09-17-2013, 05:38 PM
I was a very pregnant Cat in the Hat one year

Kestrel
09-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Local Halloween supermom (see BP) went as Kanga; and put a little Roo stuffed animal peeking out of her pouch...