PDA

View Full Version : Which snowsuit/boots for toddler?

Mopey
09-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi guys,

I am usually and major LL Bean fan but am looking around on Zulily, etc to try and find a good deal - but of course, only if they are good companies. Can you guys recommend some places to look for quality snowsuits and boots? Maybe longjohns? I'm also nervous about buying in advance as Mopey is tall and could outgrow it by the time she needs to wear it frankly but it's suddenly so cold today that I don't think I can put it off much longer.....

Any btdt and advice would be so appreciated! I over-shopped for the summer and really don't want to make the same mistake...

TIA!!

Kindra178
09-17-2013, 03:30 PM
DS wore LLB Katahdin bibs and Katahdin Parka for his first walking winter. Although we spent some time outside in our urban neighborhood, that level of snowpants was probably overkill for a kid that age. LE has 25% off outerwear right now; definitely look around there. LE bibs are my absolute favorite these days, even better than LLB.

Mopey
11-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Also bumping this thread for more answers, though Mopey is getting the LE snowsuit (http://www.landsend.com/products/toddler-boys-stormer-snowsuit/id_257782 - on amazing sale for what it was last night!!)

....so I just need boot recommendations pretty please :)

TIA!!

nfowife
11-21-2013, 01:46 PM
We live in Northern New England and Sorel is extremely popular around here, as are kamik. My kids have those as well as bogs (I have bogs for me too).

lizzywednesday
11-22-2013, 11:50 AM
We've done Sorel, which run short, IMO and Kamik the past 2 years. And it didn't snow a flake!!!

Make sure you let her practice walking around in them - I have a cute video of my DD from 2 years ago showing her walking in her new snow boots and it's got to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while because she's so awkward.

123LuckyMom
11-22-2013, 12:10 PM
We do Kamik, too.

Mopey
11-22-2013, 01:40 PM
I picked up some black ones from LE because they were having a wicked sale, plus ebates and free shipping so I just went for it.

Miss Mopey la la la loooooooves shoes! It is totally adorable. She's had cute ones that I'd picked and she loved but suddenly about two months ago in the Gap (the first time I actually let her out of her stroller to walk around) she went over to the super sparkle-plenty silver mary janes, picked them up and started saying "on? on? on?" ...getting louder and more excited and trying to put them on! :hysterical: It was so cute, she needed new party shoes and I had a gc so I got them! And then she picked out a ladybug pair at Gymboree (and I have a gc there) and it has snowballed! She can put her shoes on already. She puts them on her hands and claps them together much to her delight :) I need to document this and I'm actually going to cut and paste this for ideas! Yay! :)