PDA

View Full Version : Hating work right now

twowhat?
09-17-2013, 09:32 PM
I had to travel for work last Friday. Worked until 11pm that night. In a different time zone. Didn't eat dinner until then, thank goodness for 24 hr room service. Then I worked all day Saturday. Got home in time to see the girls to bed. I have worked every night since then, for at least 2 hours a night after the girls go to bed. I work on Friday and Saturday again this weekend.

In fact, I am working now. While eating dinner over my keyboard. And my computer just crapped out on me so I had to force it to shut down. And now it has to install updates when I start it back up? NOW? I really want to hurt someone. I guess I'm going to go check out Bargains.

arivecchi
09-17-2013, 09:54 PM
So sorry! That sounds really painful!

♥ms.pacman♥
09-17-2013, 10:56 PM
eek, that sounds rotten. :( i hate those times when work gets so busy, feels just like a mouse running in a wheel!! hoping the craziness dies down soon!

crl
09-17-2013, 11:29 PM
I am so sorry. I hope you get some down time soon!

Catherine

hillview
09-18-2013, 10:58 AM
ugg how rotten sending you pt that it gets better soon!

elektra
09-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Oh that sucks!
When my computer crashes in that situation, I try to take it as a sign from above that I need to just stop working. (Conversely, when the BBB goes down, I take it as a sign that I need to get more real work done. ;))
Hopefully it's just a project that has an end in sight because you can't go on every week like that. Hope things pick up soon!

twowhat?
09-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Well, I got it up and running again. Work is still crazy and will likely be like this until the end of the year but I did get a kudos and a linkedin request from the client last night, which provides me with some motivation to keep going:)