PDA

View Full Version : Chidlren's clothing and jeans that are cut full?

american_mama
09-18-2013, 12:00 AM
I got good advice for my older DD, so this question is for my younger DD2, aged 8. She is a big girl who wears a much bigger size than her age and is built big around the seat, thighs and tummy. It makes it hard to find jeans. Both last year and this year in the next size up, Cherokee corduroys fit her very well and I have a big order of Cherokee jeans coming to see if those work. Last year, Old Navy girls plus size fit her at the waist, but then were too baggy in the inseam. We'll try it again this year. Any other suggestions for lines to try, preferably at IRL shops? Who has girl's plus sizes... Old Navy, I assume Gap, JC Penney, and I don't know who else.

Length doesn't matter - i've accepted that I'll have to hem her pants. I won't pay for someone to hem pants that children outgrow or wear out in 6-9 months, so I learned to do it myself.

Other than Lands End, does anyone make full cut long sleeved Tshirts for girls, or have a collection of plus size girl's shirts? I've never looked for plus size girl's shirts.

georgiegirl
09-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Old Navy flare style is cut more generously around the waist.

lizzywednesday
09-18-2013, 08:59 AM
My DD, who is tall but has chunky, muscular legs, wears OshKosh boot cut jeans.

We buy them at the outlet; MSRP is $34 for sizes 4-12, but there are a lot of decent coupons out there ... and the website is currently running a good sale (all denim is $12.) IDK if this helps you, seeing as how you're in the "much bigger size than her age" territory, but maybe it will.

Link to OshKosh's denim page:

http://www.oshkosh.com/oshkosh-kid-girl-worlds-best-denim?navID=header

We have also found that Hanna is cut generously, but I'll be the first to admit it's pricier than I would want to spend on basics.

AnnieW625
09-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Hanna Andersson for tops and dresses. Hanna for jeans too.

I have the opposite problem though and my 7 yr. old needs slims so pants wise I am not really sure. I think starting at Old Navy is a good place to start.