PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Peg Perego Thomas ride on?

AngB
09-18-2013, 12:20 PM
A deal came up for this on CL. They only want 200 for it (the track, Thomas, and Annie and Clarabelle) and they say they have a new battery and charger. So we were thinking we'd make this the 'big family' Christmas present this year since DS2 should be able to ride in the second car with DS1 driving. (Just the Annie and Clarabell car is selling on Ebay for $200 by itself, so I think we should be able to easily recoup our money or most of it on this when they have outgrown it in a couple years.)
I have read it's difficult to drive though on the Amazon reviews (http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Friends-Battery-Operated-Track/dp/B0007R72AW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top ). Just wondering if anyone here has it or has seen it and has any input?

Thanks!

♥ms.pacman♥
09-18-2013, 02:12 PM
i've never seen it IRL but i can't tell you how many times i saw one of these pop up on CL or FB swap site and i had to really resist the urge to buy it :) My son is a Thomas freak, and DD likes it too.

i agree $200 is pretty good given Annie & Clarabel are included. my reservations about it were mainly about kids falling off and about younger kids using it after reading the reviews. All the reviews make it sound like it may not be the best for kids under 3, bc of them having to hold the switch down the entire time it is running and also not being strong enough to hold on.