PDA

View Full Version : what should I have done? what do you have done?

megs4413
09-18-2013, 01:18 PM
6 weeks out about. scheduled induction. having some PTL right now, so could be sooner, but I know it can still be awhile. I had hardcore PTL with DS and he was an induction at term. (stinker)

Here's what I don't have done. how would you prioritize this? Also, what am I missing? What do you have done or did you have done by now?

-crib setup, but no bedding in yet
-clothes folded/washed/put away
-bassinet set up in my room
-swing set up

purchased but not up/out/washed/ready:
-car seat (clean and ready, just not installed)
-stroller (got it used and it needs to be cleaned badly)
-bedding for crib
-all the room decor including curtains
-bathtub

not purchased/secured/etc:
-monitor
-diaper pail
-diapers/wipes/butt cream
-breastpump, accessories (I will be EPing!), bottles, breastpads, nipple cream, bras, etc

what am I missing? I need to meet with the pediatrician. I need to figure out how I get my breastpump paid for by insurance. What else? I feel like I'm missing something really obvious, but I feel like I can't get organized for some reason. Any thoughts? TIA!

specialp
09-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I dealt with PTL. So sorry!

I would focus on what you will need when and prioritize that way. You need an installed car seat, diaper supplies, & BF supplies first. Once done, focus on bath tub that you won't be using the first 2 weeks anyway. Crib & decor last.

Indianamom2
09-18-2013, 02:29 PM
I dealt with PTL. So sorry!

I would focus on what you will need when and prioritize that way. You need an installed car seat, diaper supplies, & BF supplies first. Once done, focus on bath tub that you won't be using the first 2 weeks anyway. Crib & decor last.

This exactly. The first few weeks, that's really all you need, other than a place to sleep, but you've already got that covered.

Myira
09-18-2013, 02:44 PM
I would order online(amazon mom or elsewhere you like) everything that needs purchasing and does not have to be chosen by that I mean you know what brand what product you want. Regarding pumping, if your hospital provides a hospital-grade pump(& I think they provide brand new parts like flanges) you may not have to worry about that right away. Of course, I would order online the nipple cream, hands-free bra etc. to carry to the hospital. I rented a hospital-grade pump to establish my supply the first few weeks , if you are planning on doing that call around to check the rental place & availability.

bisous
09-18-2013, 02:55 PM
6 weeks out about. scheduled induction. having some PTL right now, so could be sooner, but I know it can still be awhile. I had hardcore PTL with DS and he was an induction at term. (stinker)

Here's what I don't have done. how would you prioritize this? Also, what am I missing? What do you have done or did you have done by now?

-crib setup, but no bedding in yet
-clothes folded/washed/put away
-bassinet set up in my room
-swing set up

purchased but not up/out/washed/ready:
-car seat (clean and ready, just not installed)
-stroller (got it used and it needs to be cleaned badly)
-bedding for crib
-all the room decor including curtains
-bathtub

not purchased/secured/etc:
-monitor
-diaper pail
-diapers/wipes/butt cream
-breastpump, accessories (I will be EPing!), bottles, breastpads, nipple cream, bras, etc

what am I missing? I need to meet with the pediatrician. I need to figure out how I get my breastpump paid for by insurance. What else? I feel like I'm missing something really obvious, but I feel like I can't get organized for some reason. Any thoughts? TIA!

Okay, I am one week behind you evidently. I don't have PTL and have actually never gone into labor at all. BUT if it makes you feel better here's where I am on your list:

My crib is set up. My 2yo still sleeps in it.
My swing is in the garage.
My bassinet is in the garage.
I don't have any clothes for this baby yet (first girl and haven't done the clothes buying thing yet!)

Need to switch car seats around as 2yo is currently IN my infant seat (and it could use a wash, truth be told)
My stroller is totally ready
I have no bedding or decor for baby girl's room right now
My bathtub is sitting in the garage

I don't have a monitor. I want to buy the angel care video monitor but we'll see how much money we end up with for that
I don't use a diaper pail
I have size 4 diapers, plenty of desitin and wipes. Need smaller dipes obviously!
I have a breastpump and a few bottles as I plan to pump only occasionally.

Comparatively, you're doing pretty good!

If I were you, I would seriously considering buying things, maybe on amazon and get 2 day prime shipping, just in case!

I'd buy: Breastpump and pumping accessories, diapers, wipes and cream. You'll need those immediately. If you feel the need, throw in the monitor and diaper pail. They'll be here in two days. DONE cross off list!

Then, I'd prioritize the car seat, bassinet and swing as you'll get immediate use out of them. I'd wash the clothes and put them away. Then the stroller and finally put up all of the decor. That's what I'd do!

I see that I too have my work cut out for me and didn't realize until your post how very unprepared I still am!

megs4413
09-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Okay, I am one week behind you evidently. I don't have PTL and have actually never gone into labor at all. BUT if it makes you feel better here's where I am on your list:

My crib is set up. My 2yo still sleeps in it.
My swing is in the garage.
My bassinet is in the garage.
I don't have any clothes for this baby yet (first girl and haven't done the clothes buying thing yet!)

Need to switch car seats around as 2yo is currently IN my infant seat (and it could use a wash, truth be told)
My stroller is totally ready
I have no bedding or decor for baby girl's room right now
My bathtub is sitting in the garage

I don't have a monitor. I want to buy the angel care video monitor but we'll see how much money we end up with for that
I don't use a diaper pail
I have size 4 diapers, plenty of desitin and wipes. Need smaller dipes obviously!
I have a breastpump and a few bottles as I plan to pump only occasionally.

Comparatively, you're doing pretty good!

If I were you, I would seriously considering buying things, maybe on amazon and get 2 day prime shipping, just in case!

I'd buy: Breastpump and pumping accessories, diapers, wipes and cream. You'll need those immediately. If you feel the need, throw in the monitor and diaper pail. They'll be here in two days. DONE cross off list!

Then, I'd prioritize the car seat, bassinet and swing as you'll get immediate use out of them. I'd wash the clothes and put them away. Then the stroller and finally put up all of the decor. That's what I'd do!

I see that I too have my work cut out for me and didn't realize until your post how very unprepared I still am!

don't take this the wrong way, but that really does make me feel better! LOL I am an overplanner and I like to be ready, ready, ready for stuff, so having a baby really overwhelms me with that. Knowing that other people don't worry so much and are still fine helps give me perspective. if it was up to me we'd have diapers/wipes/car seat installed/bed made/bag packed already, but my DH thinks I'm insane. if we continue to have the PTL, I'll stick my tongue out at him and tell him to get it all done. ;) I think he's envisioning this going how it went with DS, though, and honestly he's probably right. (Don't tell him I said that.)

marymoo86
09-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm tentatively scheduled for 2 weeks out have very little done. Delays with remodeling have really messed up my timeline.

Nursery is painted, crib not setup nor room cleared out ready to be setup, drapes/blinds need to be installed. Clothes have been washed/prepped. Have diapers/cream, need wipes. Didn't use a diaper pail. I have a pump but can buy a new one at the hospital as it is a network provider once delivered. Bathtub needs to be pulled out but we won't use it for a while.

My hospital bag is mostly packed.

Car seats need to be installed.

The house is a disaster and needs a thorough cleaning. Doing some now but a crew is coming Monday. Induction is to be Sept 30th.....cutting it close much??

bisous
09-18-2013, 06:03 PM
don't take this the wrong way, but that really does make me feel better! LOL I am an overplanner and I like to be ready, ready, ready for stuff, so having a baby really overwhelms me with that. Knowing that other people don't worry so much and are still fine helps give me perspective. if it was up to me we'd have diapers/wipes/car seat installed/bed made/bag packed already, but my DH thinks I'm insane. if we continue to have the PTL, I'll stick my tongue out at him and tell him to get it all done. ;) I think he's envisioning this going how it went with DS, though, and honestly he's probably right. (Don't tell him I said that.)

Glad it helped. :) FWIW, YOUR post helped me realize I have a few things I need to get in order...

trales
09-26-2013, 07:27 AM
For the Breastpump, I went with a friend to pick hers up and the store took care of the insurance claim, they did it all. She gave them her card, and they handled everything, it was a small boutique type store, all she had to do was take the pump home with her. It was really easy. I wonder if there are mail order places that also do that.

megs4413
09-26-2013, 11:37 AM
For the Breastpump, I went with a friend to pick hers up and the store took care of the insurance claim, they did it all. She gave them her card, and they handled everything, it was a small boutique type store, all she had to do was take the pump home with her. It was really easy. I wonder if there are mail order places that also do that.

thanks for this. I don't think i would have even considered trying it without you saying it, but it makes such sense. I have an appt at the hospital in a couple weeks and they have the breastfeeding boutique right there in the hospital. I was going to stop by anyway to get some nursing bras and I bet they'll know how to get my pump rented/covered so it's ready for me at delivery. I feel a lot better about that now. :)