PDA

View Full Version : ISO cheap FUN kids knee socks

FinnyMac
09-19-2013, 11:07 AM
DD is having a roller skating party and we want to give fun knee/boot socks to each child (also looking for ideas on what to give the boys). Has anyone seen any for less than $2 a pair? I know target dollar spot sometimes has them, but I havent seen any lately.

bostonsmama
09-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Not quite that cheap, but TCP has some online, and if you got 50% off or could use their cash rewards coupon, you might be able to get a few for $2.45/ea.

Also check dollar stores like Dollar Tree, clearance bins of Gymboree, Crazy 8, etc. Claire's/The Icing also have socks, although sizing for little girls under 4 might be hard (looks like Zoe is turning 6, though, so NBD).

I think cute boys tube socks would also work as gifts for boys. I would buy a bulk pack of the kind with the colored stripes (like in the 70s--if you could find them) and dole those out.

carolinacool
09-19-2013, 02:26 PM
You mentioned Target. Have you checked back in the regular socks section, and not the Dollar Spot? I see these online (http://www.target.com/p/xhil-bg-2pk-knee-high-socks-white/-/A-14361418#prodSlot=large_1_5), but it says not sold online, so I guess they are in the stores. A two-pack is $4.99, so $2.50 a pair. A agree about the colored-striped socks for boys.

melwe
09-19-2013, 08:15 PM
YMMV but my Target had tons of socks, including knee highs on clearance in the girls sock section. I think they were 2 for 2.50??

ahisma
09-19-2013, 08:51 PM
What about getting plain white socks and a tie dye kit? Your DD would have a blast tie dying. I think boys would love them too, mine both would!

Twin Mom
09-19-2013, 11:38 PM
I just saw 3 packs of Little Miss Matched knee socks at Tuesday Morning. They were $2.99 so $1 a sock if you give each girl 2. My store had a few different sets but of course YMMV. I almost bought them for DD but I didn't think she would wear them. Not sure if TM is near you or not.