PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costumes at Costco

curiousgeorge
09-19-2013, 12:20 PM
My Costco was well-stocked with Halloween costumes. Lots of of the Carter's baby ones they usually carry (pumpkins, ladybugs, etc.) They had quite a few of the "muscle" boys superhero ones too, as well as my two-year-old's favorite, Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

This is the "deluxe" Jake costume they have at Costco:
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Neverland-Pirates-Deluxe-Costume/dp/B007U1TM2E
It includes the one-piece blue/white outfit, red headband, fake boot shoe covers and a plush sword. It's $14.99 at Costco, which appears to be a great deal from what I've seen online.

The only size they stocked in any of these costumes at my Costco was "3T-4T" and that fit my very skinny 37" tall almost two-and-a-half-year old just fine. It runs slim and long, but there's no way he could have worn a smaller size in the crotch or chest. The pants will be easy to fold up at the bottom and hide under the boot covers.

Now off to find an adult Izzy costume since he tells me that's who I'll be :-) (that's the girl pirate for those of you that haven't seen the show). Argh Matey and happy talk like a pirate day!

schrocat
09-19-2013, 12:26 PM
We have this costume from Costco from last year. DS2 loved it, though the red headband could not fit over his 90ish% head.

curiousgeorge
09-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Yes--the headband is made for a newborn!!! My son is like 55% for his head and it is still way too small.

bostonsmama
09-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Anyone else have a pic of girl costumes? Any Disney/princess costumes? Trying to decide if I need to get my ILs to take me next time they go.

candaceb
09-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Did you happen to notice if they had a firefighter costume?

iaam
09-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Anyone else have a pic of girl costumes? Any Disney/princess costumes? Trying to decide if I need to get my ILs to take me next time they go.

Don't have a picture but I wanted to say that I saw lots of girl costumes. At least four different princess/fairy type of costumes. Plus, Snow White and maybe one other Disney princess... DD wants to be Super Girl (again) so we didn't buy any but we did look!

georgiegirl
09-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Did you happen to notice if they had a firefighter costume?

Yes!!! I just bought one 10 minutes ago! Unfortunately, ours only had size 5-6, which will probably be too big on my 4 year old. But I bought it anyway and will return if I find the smaller version. They have tan and black. They are 24.99

georgiegirl
09-19-2013, 02:55 PM
For boys, they also had a pirate, swat team, soldier/camo costume, and a knight.

curiousgeorge
09-19-2013, 03:03 PM
For boys, they also had a pirate, swat team, soldier/camo costume, and a knight.

Ohh...I hope we get those at ours. Didn't see them when I was there this week. We could use a knight for dress up around here!

We did have girl costumes but didn't look too hard at them. Lots of princess type things but no girl super heroes or anything else.

belovedgandp
09-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Several princess options in the 3t/4t size. DD picked out Sofia the First over Minnie Mouse and there were other traditional princess choices also.

tarnator
09-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Don't have a picture but I wanted to say that I saw lots of girl costumes. At least four different princess/fairy type of costumes. Plus, Snow White and maybe one other Disney princess... DD wants to be Super Girl (again) so we didn't buy any but we did look!

My kid wants to be super girl! I can't find any costumes that get good reviews - did you make your own or find something respectable somewhere?

iaam
09-19-2013, 04:29 PM
My kid wants to be super girl! I can't find any costumes that get good reviews - did you make your own or find something respectable somewhere?

We bought hers from Amazon last year; I think it was this one:http://www.amazon.com/Supergirl-Toddler-Costume-Kids-Costumes/dp/B002SFH4EK/ref=sr_1_10?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1379622457&sr=1-10&keywords=supergirl+costume

It's lasted - she still wears it for dress up and 'saves' all kinds of needy creatures (animal, Lego people, etc.)

ckso
09-20-2013, 12:30 AM
We just bought the Snow White costume. It's cute and comes with a petticoat, headband and wand with the dress