PDA

View Full Version : Hunter boots

acmom
09-22-2013, 10:14 PM
I am considering a pair of Hunter boots, but didn't realize there were so many choices til I looked on zappos! Original, huntress, short, gloss and tons of color choices! Any recommendations? I am only 5'2" and would like something that is versatile and classic.

Also, are there ever deals on Hunters that I wait and watch for, or should I just order at full price once I decide what I want?

Thanks!

joules
09-22-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm 5'2" too. I got a pair of original glossies on sale (at REI) about 2 years ago when I was pregnant with DS2. I was VERY pregnant and my calves were so swollen that they made a suction/vacuum in the shaft of the boot when I put them on. The back of the boot is stiff and hit right in the crook of the back of my knee and was pretty uncomfortable to walk around in. I returned them. I regret returning them tho. I lost a lot of weight and I always wonder if that would have made a difference. I have read reviews from people who are also 5'2" and say the shaft height is not an issue. It wouldn't hurt to try especially if you buy from zappos.

If you see something you really like, I would just buy at full price. In my limited experience, it's hard to find a deal on the exact one you want.

ourbabygirl
09-23-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm about 5'3" and just bought a pair of the largest kids' size (6) from Nordstrom in glossy black. They fit really well (I'm usually a size 7.5 in women's shoes), and it's great that they were only $75. I tried the glossy red (kids' ones don't offer as many color choices; I think there's also a fuschia and dark purple), but they looked too clownish to me, so I stuck with black. Excited to wear them!
6pm might have a deal in your size, but I couldn't find them in kids' sizes on their site, and basically every other site has them for the same price. I had a couple of Piperlime codes, which carries them in adult & kids' sizes, but they exclude Hunters for their coupons.
I think the Huntress might be for wider calves.

acmom
09-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks! I was wondering if the height of the boot would be an issue since I am short...sounds like it might be. I was also wondering if the kids sizes would be a possibility- are they the same style as the women's, just in kid sizes?

abh5e8
09-23-2013, 11:07 PM
they are the short style, in the kids sizes. i'm tempted to try a pair myself! (i have the womens in the tall style, matte green which I love!! but would be nice to have something shorter for running out to the garden and such)