PDA

View Full Version : Decent inexpensive workout wear- recs?

elektra
09-24-2013, 12:10 PM
I am looking for some workout tops and maybe shorts. What do you guys like that doesn't break the bank? I am sure Lululemon has great stuff, and I actually have 2 pairs of Lulu yoga pants that are great, as well as a lulu capris.
But I am looking for cheaper stuff. Likely nobody will even see me wearing these items, except maybe at school drop off.
I need some tighter tanks or t's. My regular men's cut t-shirts are getting in my way with some of the stuff I have been doing lately, and want something more form fitting, and maybe moisture wicking (?)
I have a pair of shorts I got at Kohl's that I like, so that is the type of thing I was hoping for again, except for tops, and maybe another pair of shorts. Oh and I need sports bras! That might be it's own post but I do need some of those too.

hillview
09-24-2013, 12:12 PM
C9 at Target!

ABO Mama
09-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Target stuff works just fine :)

Charlie
09-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Do you belong to Costco? I like their Kirkland workout stuff and they were rumored to be made by Lululemon.

lizzywednesday
09-24-2013, 12:29 PM
C9 at Target!

Target stuff works just fine :)

Totally agree with these folks - C9 at Target has been great for me.

As a bonus, they even carry their yoga pants in Petite, Regular, and Tall lengths, so you can find a fit that's comfortable for your body.

I'm partial to the "power workout tee" and usually sleep in their crop-top "bras," though I wouldn't do anything more strenuous than yoga in them myself (still sporting DD-ish cups.)

pastrygirl
09-24-2013, 12:42 PM
I actually really like the options at Sears! Not LE, just the stuff in the regular sections.

Kindra178
09-24-2013, 12:44 PM
C9 and Gapfit make awesome tanks. Lulu pants are awesome, but I just don't see the difference in tanks between the fancy brands and other options like C9, Gapfit and Costco.

As to sport bras, Lulu sport bras are insanely comfy.

SnuggleBuggles
09-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Try Old Navy and Marshall's/ TJ Maxx

Beckylove
09-24-2013, 03:22 PM
I got the compression pants and a semi fitted t at old navy and I love them. They fit well and I look good in them- confidence booster!

BabyBearsMom
09-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Love my Old Navy workout clothes. They have 30% off today, coupon code is THANKYOU

boolady
09-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Love my Old Navy workout clothes. They have 30% off today, coupon code is THANKYOU

I do, too. Of course I don't work out in them as often as I'd like right how, but the things I have are comfortable and have held up well.

daniele_ut
09-26-2013, 05:19 PM
If you shop at Wal-Mart they actually have some decent stuff right now. I was really surprised to find some nice Danskin tops and semi-fitted yoga pants. The tops were $8 and the pants were $15.

cchavez
09-26-2013, 05:44 PM
All of the above and kohl's has cute stuff too. I am always on the lookout for nike stuff on sale...great quality for their stuff.

pastrygirl
09-29-2013, 09:03 PM
I went to Sears today because I needed a few more things. It's the Everlast brand that I really like (for bottoms, at least), and it's all 50% off right now.

joules
09-30-2013, 12:25 PM
I got the compression pants and a semi fitted t at old navy and I love them. They fit well and I look good in them- confidence booster!

I got a pair of compression capris a few months ago. I love them! But haven't actually worked out in them. The most strenuous thing I've done is take a walk with the kids. I also love the tank I got too.

ETA:
These compression capris: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=525202002
This tank in grey: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53934&vid=1&pid=523575052

TxCat
09-30-2013, 05:35 PM
I got a pair of compression capris a few months ago. I love them! But haven't actually worked out in them. The most strenuous thing I've done is take a walk with the kids. I also love the tank I got too.

ETA:
These compression capris: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=525202002
This tank in grey: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53934&vid=1&pid=523575052

Yes, love my ON compression capris!

elektra
09-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks everyone! I tried to get to Target this weekend but wasn't able to. I think I may just order some of the Old Navy stuff. I do like Old Navy for T's. I think this might be exactly what I was looking for in this case.

Vintagegirl
10-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks for mentioning the Costco work out pants. I bought a pair and love them! I have seen them on and off but have always shyed away from that bright waist band. I bought the grey waist band/black and just love the fit.

Do you belong to Costco? I like their Kirkland workout stuff and they were rumored to be made by Lululemon.

cleo27
10-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Thanks for mentioning the Costco work out pants. I bought a pair and love them! I have seen them on and off but have always shyed away from that bright waist band. I bought the grey waist band/black and just love the fit.

I just wanted to mention that I believe the Costco yoga pants are reversible (at least I wear them with the colored band on the inside and just tore out the sizing tag.).