PDA

View Full Version : Get over it, Mom!

barkley1
09-25-2013, 10:10 AM
So, my brother is going to be a dad! His first baby, and I'm so excited for him. My mom? Not so much. No, he's not married. No, he doesn't have a great job, and neither does his girlfriend. Yes, she already has 2 kids from 2 different dads. But, you know what? They are happy (it wasn't planned, but was something they wanted in the near future), and this baby deserves to be celebrated!!!! IT'S A BABY!!! Oh, did I mention, my brother is 33 years old???

I think my mom is embarrassed. The baby is due in February and Mom hasn't told ANYONE in the family except my grandfather. WHUCK? She said she's waiting to see if they are going to get married before the baby gets here. I just went ahead and told her to stop holding her breath! Let's see....unexpected pregnancy, 70hour work weeks for my brother in construction, 2 other kids to parent, money issues of course - I'm thinking a wedding is the LAST thing on their minds!

it is what it is, and she cannot change that! I just wish she would get over her qualms and be happy for them. yes, i realize they have everything in the world working against them in terms of making this work for the long term BUT, that's then and this is now. Let's be happy for them and celebrate this baby!!! (which BTW they just found out is a BOY and is HEALTHY - yeah!~~!~)

Tondi G
09-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Awww I hope your Mom can let go of her hang ups and find a way to celebrate this baby! CONGRATS Aunty on your soon to be new nephew!!!

KLD313
09-25-2013, 04:40 PM
We must be in the same family. My grandmother lied to her sisters and told them I was marrid when I got pregnant with DD. I was 35 and living with her dad. I get it, I do and I hope she comes around.

NJ_Mom2011
09-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I am sorry about your mom. Your brother is lucky to have at least one person, you, who is there for him, his girlfriend, and the baby. Congrats on becoming an auntie!

Mopey
09-26-2013, 04:48 PM
And if you guys are there for them, who's to say they can't go all the way with their family?! :) I'm sorry about our Mom, but your Bro and his lady are lucky to have you!! :)