PDA

View Full Version : 40% off tonight at Sierra Trading Post

Snow mom
09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
They just posted on their Facebook that they will have a 40% code this evening, no minimum. I'm going to start looking if there is anything I "need". I'll update with the code when it's up if I get the chance or check their Facebook page this evening.

abh5e8
09-25-2013, 12:37 PM
awesome. maybe post links if you find any good deals :)

okinawama
09-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Ooh! Thanks! Ill take a look. I usually stock up on my DH carhart pants there!

ourbabygirl
09-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Nice! What are your favorite brands/ items to get from there? I've looked there before for boots and shoes, but I see they have a lot of other categories, too.

army_mom
09-25-2013, 03:28 PM
I usually get my moving comfort sports bras from here. DD needs winter outerwear so will be checking into those items! I could probably use some snow boots too as it is supposed to be a long, snowy winter!

nfowife
09-25-2013, 08:02 PM
SFBWD9413 is the code.

sweet_pea
09-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Thank you for the code, nfowife! I'll be getting some slippers for DH. And OP, thank you for posting about this –I probably wouldn't have found the code otherwise.

Avispa
09-25-2013, 08:44 PM
SFBWD9413 is the code.

Thank you for the code and OP for the headsup!

elbert
09-25-2013, 08:48 PM
They usually have quite a reasonable selection of SmartWool socks...

brittone2
09-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for posting. I bought a pr. of Sorel Tofinos, 5 beach towels, and two prs of smart wool socks for 136.xx.

JanBaby
09-25-2013, 08:54 PM
No free shipping, right?

Snow mom
09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
No free shipping, right?

No, shipping rate is in teirs based on your post-discount total. Thanks for posting the code--I was just getting back to the computer to do it.

JanBaby
09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks!

Ebates is 2.5% too.

ETA: I got a Filson sweater for myself and a little travel bag because I'm a sucker for little travel bags. I'm tempted to cancel and reorder using the app to get free shipping but it looks like I got the last sweater in my size so I think I'll just let it go.

sf333
09-25-2013, 09:13 PM
There is always free shipping through their app. When I want to make a purchase, I fill my cart online and then open the app, sign in, and purchase. Free ship, no minimum.

Snow mom
09-25-2013, 09:14 PM
There is always free shipping through their app. When I want to make a purchase, I fill my cart online and then open the app, sign in, and purchase. Free ship, no minimum.
Get. Out. Of. Town! How did I not know this before!

chlobo
09-25-2013, 09:29 PM
How do u get the app?

NCGrandma
09-25-2013, 09:32 PM

Yikes! Wish I'd known that 20 minutes ago! I took advantage of the code to order some toddler snow boots I'd been looking for. Great deal but would have been even better with FS.

TwinFoxes
09-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Thank you for the code and OP for the headsup!

:yeahthat: Winter boots for the girls, check! Cute pink Sorels.

NCGrandma
09-25-2013, 09:40 PM
How do u get the app?

I just downloaded it from the iOS App Store -- looks good on my iPad. Haven't tried it on my iPod Touch.

sf333
09-25-2013, 09:51 PM
removed

sf333
09-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Get. Out. Of. Town! How did I not know this before!

:) That's how I felt when I discovered this. So much wasted $$ on shipping...

BTW, I use it on my iPhone and have never had issues.

infomama
09-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Crap! Why didn't I read this thread through before ordering an paying for shipping?!! Thanks for the code, OP however!!

iaam
09-25-2013, 10:12 PM
Yup! Me too! But now I know for next time.

jgenie
09-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks OP and thank you for the tip on the app!! I bought snow boots for both DC and a new pair of slippers for me!

Avispa
09-25-2013, 11:23 PM

Thank you for pointing this out. Now I got snowboots for the entire family, and snow pants for me and DD1, and bolle sunglasses for DD1 and DD2. Pretty sweet deals!

okinawama
09-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Thanks a thousand times over to the OP. You've just saved my family a ton of money! Everything I purchased was on clearance and I also got the additional 40% off! Awesome deals! Thanks again!

Momit
09-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Thanks a thousand times over to the OP. You've just saved my family a ton of money! Everything I purchased was on clearance and I also got the additional 40% off! Awesome deals! Thanks again!

Did you get the 40% to work on the clearance prices? I loaded my cart with some clearance and some regular items, and it seemed to only do the 40% on the non-clearance items.

boltfam
09-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Did you get the 40% to work on the clearance prices? I loaded my cart with some clearance and some regular items, and it seemed to only do the 40% on the non-clearance items.
:yeahthat: And thanks to OP, pp who posted code, and pp who gave the app tip!

ourbabygirl
09-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Thanks, OP, for the tip, & PPs for the code & app info.! It kept crashing on my phone but worked on DH's... it was a bit of a pain/ more time involved, but we got it to work! Got DH & DD some snow boots & a picnic poncho for the family. :thumbsup:

skohng
09-25-2013, 11:53 PM
question for kids boots -- when it says "for youth", but shows a toddler boot, is it a big kids' boot or baby/toddler boot?

ETA: am I reading right that some sorel boots go up to size 7 in youth? Meaning size 8ish womens??

oneplustwo
09-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Thank you, Snowmom and nfo wife, I wouldn't have known about the extra discount otherwise! Been waiting for a good discount from STP to get some new socks and snowboots for the kids.

jennilynn
09-26-2013, 12:05 AM
You guys rock, as always! Got DS1 boots for less than $20, plus a few other things!

hellokitty
09-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I finally ordered some birkenstock gizehs. I've been wanting a pr for a while (tried on sil's and she raves about hers), but have been waiting to see if I could get a good deal on a pr. I also threw in another pr of birkis that are purple and fun looking for this winter. :)

okinawama
09-26-2013, 01:15 AM
I think I did get the discount on top of the clearance. The men's carhart pants came out to 14-20 dollars a pair! I got 5 pairs for 88.00! I knew i needed to stock up for DH for fall. I also got some additional items but many of them were t marked down other than the 40% off from the coupon code.

TwinFoxes
09-26-2013, 07:52 AM

I know it's too late now, but here's a list of the exceptions to all of their promotions. Clearance is on that list.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sierra-trading-post/exclusions-on-our-offers/10150578045341316

TwinFoxes
09-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Yikes! Wish I'd known that 20 minutes ago! I took advantage of the code to order some toddler snow boots I'd been looking for. Great deal but would have been even better with FS.

:yeahthat: I wish I had read the whole thread! Good to know for next time. :)

FTMLuc
09-26-2013, 08:41 AM
is the code dead now? I remembered all afternoon and then completely spaced out on it last night.

iaam
09-26-2013, 08:42 AM
is the code dead now? I remembered all afternoon and then completely spaced out on it last night.

Yes, it was only valid yesterday night.

iaam
09-26-2013, 08:44 AM
OP: thank you again for posting! I placed two orders (couldn't resist a second look after I found out about the FS via the app) and got so much stuff - workout clothes for me and winter stuff for both kids. I looked at my order history and found that the last time I ordered from STP was in 2010. Not sure how they fall off my radar, but thanks for putting them back on!

Twoboos
09-26-2013, 08:45 AM
I was googling about some shoes I am interested in, and found a Youtube video of them from STP. At the end of the video it said "Click here for 25% off.

Here are the shoes: Dansko Nori Kid Suede Studded Shoes - I know it's not as good as 40% but it's something. :)

Thanks OP - I got 6 pairs of Smartwool socks and a pair of boots I don't need, LOL!

tarnator
09-26-2013, 11:11 AM
I got in last night too! Just barely.... :)
Bought some Keen's for DH and some Birk Gizeh's for me!
Thanks OP.

hellokitty
09-26-2013, 02:32 PM
BTW, if you go throught www.shopathome.com you get 3% back. That, discover card and ebates are the ones I always check to see who gives me the most cash back. I'm sad that I missed the part about the app, b/c shipping was $13 for me. However, now that I know about the app, I will probably be more likely to shop here again, even if w/o the awesome sale.

Snow mom
10-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to post that they are doing this offer again this evening. I can't tell if the codes are one time use or not. You are supposed to click "get offer" on their Facebook page and they send a code. We just got our orders yesterday. I'm going to reorder a few things that we liked (and hopefully I can figure out how to return what didn't work out).

mikala
10-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Just wanted to post that they are doing this offer again this evening. I can't tell if the codes are one time use or not. You are supposed to click "get offer" on their Facebook page and they send a code. We just got our orders yesterday. I'm going to reorder a few things that we liked (and hopefully I can figure out how to return what didn't work out).

Ooh, thanks.

I just returned some things from the last promo and it was really easy.

TwinFoxes
10-04-2013, 04:43 PM

Ooh, thanks. There was something for me I didn't get that I think I might, especially with the free shipping through their app!

AJP
10-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks for posting this again. I have a code and my kiddos need snow boots!
ETA: Thanks for the reminder about the free shipping through their app

Snow mom
10-09-2013, 07:23 PM
And again tonight :)

YouAreTheFocus
10-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Is it the same thing that you have to got through their FB page?

Momit
10-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Is it the same thing that you have to got through their FB page?

Yes, you claim the offer and then get a code.

TwinFoxes
10-09-2013, 10:11 PM
And again tonight :)

ENABLER!!! DDs have been asking for slippers, and I got some great workout socks.

BTW, lots of smart wool socks, some Lucky Brand jeans, and Camelbak water bottles. Just sayin'...

Snow mom
10-09-2013, 10:56 PM
ENABLER!!! DDs have been asking for slippers, and I got some great workout socks.

BTW, lots of smart wool socks, some Lucky Brand jeans, and Camelbak water bottles. Just sayin'...

Haha, you have no idea how many orders I've placed with these three codes. It's the first time we'll have snow with kiddos and I swear DD is outfitted for the tundra and I'm still worried/buying more.

flygirl555
10-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Thank you! Wore a suit today that I ordered on the last sale and was thinking I'd like another, so ordered it in brown too! Also got a great winter coat for my son!

Momit
10-10-2013, 07:01 AM
My resistance wore out and I jumped in with this code. Chaco shoes for DH, Smartwool socks for me and some other stuff I can't even remember.

NCGrandma
10-10-2013, 10:17 AM
You all wore down my resistance too! Just placed a modest order (only 6 prs of socks), despite lots of other appealing bargains.

Thanks again to whoever first mentioned creating an order in the easier-to-use browser, then placing it in the STP app to get F/S.

Twoboos
10-10-2013, 10:23 AM

Which workout socks did you get? I got 6pr of SmartWool socks last time, I think the most expensive ones for $6!

I am thinking of just loading up my cart and waiting so I'm not in a frenzy trying to remember what I want to shop for, LOL!

NCGrandma
10-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Chaco shoes...

Thanks for mentioning these -- my DD has bad foot problems, and certain styles of men's Chaco shoes are about the only thing she can wear. Imagine her surprise when I offered to treat her to a new pair! For $45, I could afford to be generous.

TwinFoxes
10-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Which workout socks did you get? I got 6pr of SmartWool socks last time, I think the most expensive ones for $6!

I am thinking of just loading up my cart and waiting so I'm not in a frenzy trying to remember what I want to shop for, LOL!

Lorpen Walking Mini Socks...I basically just did a search for athletic socks. I'm not picky. :) I also got some other cool-max ones.

brittone2
10-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Looks like an extra 45% off 14000 items and 99 cent shipping (if you don't have or don't want to bother with the app that apparently gives FS) for orders over 75. Email and banner say today only.

captobey
10-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Looks like an extra 45% off 14000 items and 99 cent shipping (if you don't have or don't want to bother with the app that apparently gives FS) for orders over 75. Email and banner say today only.

I don't see that banner when I am on the site. Is there a code on the banner?

brittone2
10-11-2013, 08:55 AM
I don't see that banner when I am on the site. Is there a code on the banner?

Ah, it says in fine print that you have to click through the email. No code. Reading fine print it says whatever email you click through can place a max of 3 orders with the discount.

Momit
10-11-2013, 09:06 AM
I got the email, too, but mine was free shipping over $100. Same deal with clicking through the email and a max of 3 orders. They are really trying every type of discount strategy to see what works!

NCGrandma
10-11-2013, 02:42 PM
They are really trying every type of discount strategy to see what works!

And we're happy to help them, right? I particularly appreciate that the codes/etc are good for more than one order -- I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks of one more thing as soon as I press the buy button.

Snow mom
10-11-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm sad that STP doesn't love me enough to send me the email. But in brighter news UPS just dropped off three big boxes.

TwinFoxes
10-11-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm sad that STP doesn't love me enough to send me the email. But in brighter news UPS just dropped off three big boxes.

I got one, it's their "deal of the day" email. So I think you had to have signed up for that.