PDA

View Full Version : Dressier outfit ideas to wear with tall riding boots?

ourbabygirl
09-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi, Everyone!

I'm searching for a new outfit (dress or cute skirt and top) to wear with a pair of tall boots (I have both black and a dark cognac) for this fall. I have a baptism and some other dressier occasions to wear them for, and I'm not sure what to wear. I like simple, classic, traditional- I like the clothes in Banana Republic, Ann Taylor & Loft, Ralph Lauren, maybe even Talbots- but I'm striking out on finding things that will work in cold weather.

Any links or places or pieces to look for? Including blogs with examples?

Thanks so much!

Both pairs of boots are from Clarks- one is a black leather & suede pair, with a small silver buckle on the side, and the other pair is Mullin Spice. I'm more of an 'earth colors'- brown, tan, cream, olive green, terra cotta, yellow gold jewelry & purse hardware- type of girl, but most of what I found in BR is more wintery and goes with black.

brittone2
09-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Pencil skirt, cashmere or merino turtleneck?
You could do camel with the earthy browny colors

BabyBearsMom
09-25-2013, 04:39 PM
I wear pencil skirts with my tall boots and then wear nice sweaters or blouses with the skirt or maybe a pencil cut sheath dress. If I were doing a dressy event, I would probably dress up the outfit with some nice jewelry.

Or maybe something like this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/230739180880495128/ (without the white shirt, not sure how that plays in).

brittone2
09-25-2013, 04:44 PM
You could also do a wrap dress with tights

anamika
09-25-2013, 05:30 PM
I pinned this recently - 10 ways to wear tall boots this fall (http://www.babble.com/style/10-ways-to-wear-your-boots-this-fall-and-15-tips-to-keep-those-outfits-balanced/)
I don't much like the colors of the outfits but may spark some outfit ideas for you.
I wear an above the knee skirt with tights and boots. The cowl neck dress of BBB fame also works well with leggings and boots.
HTH

ilfaith
09-25-2013, 07:59 PM
My first thought was "sweater dress" with tights or leggings.