PDA

View Full Version : Snuza vs. Angel Care?

bisous
09-29-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm going to buy one of these two. But I'm so undecided on what to do here! On the one hand, I like the relative simplicity of the Angel Care monitor and I've heard great things about the reliability of the newest model and that gives me great comfort. I don't really like the way the Snuza has to be clipped to the diaper each time. On the other hand, I'm planning to have a pack n' play, bassinet and rock n' play in addition to the crib for naptimes with this baby. She'll be #4 and we'll do whatever works, lol. Maybe the Snuza, with its ability to be on the baby, would be a better choice?

I'd love to hear about your experience.

Thank you so much!

georgiegirl
09-30-2013, 06:58 AM
My snuza arrives this afternoon and I will let you know how it works.

AngB
09-30-2013, 07:15 AM
We have both.

FWIW, you can use the angelcare in a PNP and a bassinet. I know some people who rigged theirs in a RNP as well though I was not able to figure that out.

The snuza gave us a lot of false alarms (and totally wakes the baby up when it does give a false alarm), pain to do in the middle of the night, can't really be used for tummy sleeping, plus I thought it looked kinda awkward. We stopped using it by the first month.

We have used the angelcare most of the time with both boys, we rarely have false alarms with it and when we do it is because DS1 had been messing with it, and the false alarms did not wake up the baby which I really appreciate now that he's 11 months and I can obviously see he's breathing in there. I can't really imagine how you'd still be able to use the snuza past 5 or 6 months, we are still using the angelcare every night at 11 months.

Also, the snuza is only a breathing monitor, it's not a sound monitor at all. Our angelcare had clear sound, great range, plus a handy temp monitor that I like a lot.

jam224
09-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Another fan of the AngelCare monitor here. We used it with DD once she started sleeping in her crib in her room at 10 weeks. Up until then, she either slept in our room in the bassinet or out in the living room in the Podster (sans AngelCare). I really liked it. In fact, she's almost 2.5 years old now and we're still using it as a regular monitor these days. Very happy with this purchase.

georgiegirl
09-30-2013, 09:26 AM
I wanted to add I didn't need a sound monitor since I have a video monitor and at night DS will be in my room.

barkley1
09-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Definitely Angel Care. We had both, but only used the Snuza as a last resort. If the diaper's not just right, it gives a false alarm. it's also not very loud, so I never felt comfortable using it when DD wasn't in the same room as me. Also, it would have NEVER woken DH up; I'm a light sleeper so it was no problem.

So, for monitoring in the crib, it was great. For the PNP, you can use it there, too. I never figured it out w/ the bassinet, but that's not a big deal. Just use the PNP as you would for an older baby - just have to bend down more to get them in and out. For the rock and play....LOL. call me crazy, but here's what we did , but I REALLY needed that breathing monitor to relax enough to get a good night's sleep (every three hours in b/t feedings, ha ha). We put the Angelcare in the crib as directed. Then, I put the whole dang Rockn Play in the crib, too. And it worked. If I didn't turn off the monitor before I got her out of the RNP (in the crib) it would alarm after a few seconds of not sensing movement. It looked a little funny - but I actually liked it. She was up higher, DS couldn't mess with her, and it was easy to get her out - no bending over :)

Just a thought!

AngB
10-01-2013, 11:59 PM
So, for monitoring in the crib, it was great. For the PNP, you can use it there, too. I never figured it out w/ the bassinet, but that's not a big deal. Just use the PNP as you would for an older baby - just have to bend down more to get them in and out. For the rock and play....LOL. call me crazy, but here's what we did , but I REALLY needed that breathing monitor to relax enough to get a good night's sleep (every three hours in b/t feedings, ha ha). We put the Angelcare in the crib as directed. Then, I put the whole dang Rockn Play in the crib, too. And it worked. If I didn't turn off the monitor before I got her out of the RNP (in the crib) it would alarm after a few seconds of not sensing movement. It looked a little funny - but I actually liked it. She was up higher, DS couldn't mess with her, and it was easy to get her out - no bending over :)

Just a thought!

LOL, I love that idea!

To use in a bassinet or a PNP as the bassinet, just take a piece of cardboard (we use a folded up diaper box) and put it at the bottom (like on the netting for the pnp bassinet), put the angelcare sensor pad on top of the cardboard, then put the mattress on top of the sensor. :) It works great! (Sorry chiming back in late, haven't had internet access.)