PDA

View Full Version : For fun, least favorite pregnancy symptoms

bisous
10-01-2013, 07:09 PM
I have lots of fun things during pregnancy: Morning sickness, acne and depression during the first trimester. Edema and low back pain starts in on the second. And during the third I get to keep my 2nd trimester "fun" and add insomnia!

The insomnia is driving me crazy. I lay down at night and I ALMOST get to sleep when suddenly my brain starts firing up and I'm completely awake again! It isn't fun because I'm actually really tired, but unable to sleep, so frustrating.

What about you? What is your "favorite" thing about being pregnant?

basil
10-01-2013, 08:07 PM
With my first, I did pretty well up until about 36 weeks when my stomach space decreased to the size of a grain of rice. My "favorite" was that I vomited more during the last 4 weeks than I did during the first trimester, not due to nausea but due to food just not being able to get into my stomach.

This time so far it's just nausea, nausea, and nausea. And big boobs, but those are a real favorite!

ArizonaGirl
10-01-2013, 09:56 PM
So many choices, so little typing space ;)

PG and I are not good friends, in fact we can barely stand one another.

I suffered badly with horrible morning sickness, not quite hyperemesis, but close (25 ish weeks). Terrible SPD and sciatic pain, edema, pre-term labor at 25 weeks with DS and 20 weeks with DD (side-effects from those meds), heart problems with DS, and the miserable chest pain and trouble breathing and loss of space that comes from being such a small person.

The worst by far was the SPD and sciatic pain because it has unfortunately continued to linger even now (13 months after delivery).

That sounds bad doesn't it :rotflmao:, it was worth it tho to hold my two precious babies.

georgiegirl
10-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm done now, but having to pee a million times a night was not fun. I love having a nice, big bladder again. I peed this afternoon and couldn't remember when I I had peed last...during my last few weeks of pregnancy I was peeing all of the time. Sometimes even just 10 minutes after I had peed.

megs4413
10-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm just really terrible at being pregnant. I always get HG, so that's got to be it for me in terms of "favorite" symptom, but outside of that, the thing bothering me most this time is tachycardia.

Really, I have no business being pregnant. Counting down the days...

Philly Mom
10-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Hate pregnancy. Can't breathe through my nose, constantly exhausted even during the "high" energy second trimester. I somehow skip any of the good stuff of the second trimester and go from the first to third. Pee all the time, all night long. Get horrible cramps in my legs, feet and hands. Finally the lovely back pain. Oh and almost forgot, forgetfulness. Good thing I calendar everything.

♥ms.pacman♥
10-01-2013, 10:54 PM
So many choices, so little typing space ;)

PG and I are not good friends, in fact we can barely stand one another.

:yeahthat: YES. This. For me, the nausea/vomiting had to be the worst. Like PP, not quite hyperemesis, but i did have nausea/vomiting up to 20 weeks and each time i had to go to ER when i had a rotten migraine and wouldn't stop puking. Fun times. This is coming from a person who would previously go 15 years in a row without ever puking, to puking multiple times a day, for months in a row...so yeah, that was an adjustment. Then when the nausea finally died down, in late 2nd tri, 3rd tri i had to deal with lovely heartburn. The heartburn with DD was especially horrible. Oh and i went into preterm labor with DD and had her at ~34 weeks.

Probably the other annoying thing aside from those symptoms was hearing chipper, smiley mamas rave on about how they loved being pregnant, and all that. That made me want to gag (more than I already did, lol)

Oh, and even after pregnancy, i still was feeling some effects...despite only gaining 15-30 lbs with each pregnancy (thanks to morning sickness & heartburn - i could barely eat), it took me 2 YEARS to lose the baby weight (despite exclusive nursing for over a year with each). Oh, and my bladder is SHOT. I get up to pee at least twice a night, and sometimes pee when i sneeze too often. I like to say pregnancy did me absolutely NO favors, other than give me my precious babies of course :)

KLD313
10-01-2013, 11:09 PM
SPD hands down. So painful.

flashy09
10-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Lack of energy
My thighs and butt also feeling the need to expand
Gas/overeating pains after a normal sized meal
I am growing chin hairs
Can't bend over
I feel guilty about this one because it's so many people's favorite part and I do enjoy them when not painful......my baby kicks are like tiny prize fighter jabs! She is a puncher and a kicker more than a pusher or squirmer!

mommylamb
10-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Least fun- when my sacroilliac joint went out. Ouch.

Also not fun- Gestational diabetes.

Most bizarre- I had trigger finger in my ring fingers. At night, my fingers would kind of curl in a bit (as fingers do) but then I couldn't straiten my ring fingers with the rest of my fingers, and then suddenly they would snap up. It kind of hurt, but mostly was just totally bizarre. It stopped as soon as I gave birth.

TwoBees
10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
nausea (first trimester) and sciatica.

marymoo86
10-02-2013, 08:40 PM
sciatica until my super chiro got me straightened out, edema, and constant peeing

least fun of all -back labor (how could I have this both times??)