PDA

View Full Version : Panicked - found a lump in my breast again

newbiemom
10-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Late August, I posted that I could feel a lump, but I was nursing and wasn't sure it was because of that. A few days late, it seemed to disappear. But this morning, I was feeling around, and I could feel the lump again. I think it is the same one, and the thing is, I think I couldn't feel it before because when I checked my arm was over my head, but when my arm is down, I can feel it clearly. So, it's this lump that I can feel clearly when my arm is down and I'm not trying to do a self check, but when I raise my arm up as if I were self checking, it's much harder to feel or notice. So all this time I thought the lump was gone, I don't think it ever was. I'm calling the doctor later this morning, but I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach and extremely anxious about this. It feels a bit bigger than in August, but I don't know if that is just my imagination or what.

citymama
10-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Sending P&PT your way. I am sure you're worried. I hope you've made a GYN appointment and will be seen ASAP. They will likely want to do a mammogram unless they feel it is a nursing related lump .

I had the reverse situation about 4 years ago, before I was pg with DD2. I had a hard small lump in the left armpit area which could only be felt with the arm straight up in the air and back a bit over my head. It would disappear in any other position. I had a mammogram and the radiologist informed me I had a hard mass almost like a bit of gunshot, likely caused by a TB vaccine I had when I was a child and traveled overseas. I honestly could not believe it, but my mom told me that indeed I had received this vax in my left arm.

Funny thing is I can no longer feel it in my armpit, so not sure what happened to it! My hope for you is that it will be some mundane reason like that and nothing to be alarmed about, but please do have it looked at Asap. Sending hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Staraglimmer
10-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts. I've BTDT with my mom twice and everything was fine. Try not to get to upset until you get it checked out.

Mommy to
DD1 4/08
DD2 6/12

westwoodmom04
10-02-2013, 09:28 AM
It sounds like it is probably a hormonal cyst as it comes and goes. Definitely get it checked out, but do not worry! I have lumps all of the time because I am prone to cysts.

hillview
10-02-2013, 10:24 AM
It sounds like it is probably a hormonal cyst as it comes and goes. Definitely get it checked out, but do not worry! I have lumps all of the time because I am prone to cysts.
:yeahthat:
Hugs (BTDT)

123LuckyMom
10-02-2013, 11:24 AM

This is what I would have said, too. I know it's very scary, but lumps are quite common, and if it's in the same place you felt it before, it's very, very likely to be nothing to worry about. P&PTs coming to you, though! I hope your fears can be relieved VERY soon!

Globetrotter
10-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I bet it's a cyst. i had one like that. It got huge with nursing and now fluctuates depending on my cycle. If it's actually fluctuating, I highly doubt it's anything to worry about, but do get it checked soon just to get it over with!!

wellyes
10-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Kudos to you for doing a self-exam. I've had lumps and it's always nothing. Good to get it checked but try to not panic!