PDA

View Full Version : impatience

megs4413
10-03-2013, 12:27 PM
does anyone else struggle with this? I'm not normally a very impatient person, but in pregnancy I just CANNOT deal with the LENGTH of this darn thing. I'm a nervous wreck the whole way through...I count down days to viability and then to the higher survival rate weeks...this time I set myself min-goals and that really helped through the bulk of the pregnancy, but at nearly 36 weeks now, I'm out of mini-goals and out of ideas to help this go faster. I'm high risk (though baby is doing well!) and won't be out of the woods until baby is delivered. it's just so hard to push through these last few weeks for me. We're inducing in 32 days if she hasn't come by then. I was hoping doc would bump it up since my tachycardia has been worse lately, but he seems to be reluctant to do that unless it becomes absolutely necessary. I think he's thinking I'm going to go on my own before then, but having that goal date in mind really helps me emotionally.

Anyone else struggle with patience at the end? Anyone have advice on how to cope with it or ideas for some mini-goals that might help at this point? TIA!

bisous
10-03-2013, 02:23 PM
does anyone else struggle with this? I'm not normally a very impatient person, but in pregnancy I just CANNOT deal with the LENGTH of this darn thing. I'm a nervous wreck the whole way through...I count down days to viability and then to the higher survival rate weeks...this time I set myself min-goals and that really helped through the bulk of the pregnancy, but at nearly 36 weeks now, I'm out of mini-goals and out of ideas to help this go faster. I'm high risk (though baby is doing well!) and won't be out of the woods until baby is delivered. it's just so hard to push through these last few weeks for me. We're inducing in 32 days if she hasn't come by then. I was hoping doc would bump it up since my tachycardia has been worse lately, but he seems to be reluctant to do that unless it becomes absolutely necessary. I think he's thinking I'm going to go on my own before then, but having that goal date in mind really helps me emotionally.

Anyone else struggle with patience at the end? Anyone have advice on how to cope with it or ideas for some mini-goals that might help at this point? TIA!

Megs, I'm the opposite! I feel like I am SO running out of time! Once the baby comes, my whole life is just chaos for at least 3 months. This last time around I didn't feel like myself until DS3 was almost 18 mos, no joke, but that was because DS3 was really, really hard. I LOVE my babies but pregnancy is a cake walk compared to caring for a newborn for me. I guess it depends on how you feel when you are pregnant. I know yours are uncommonly difficult and I'm so sorry. I know you can do it. I know you can make it. Maybe you can give yourself fun "themes" for the upcoming weeks? First week is "serenity", second is "spa week", I don't know! Take the time (if you can) to totally pamper yourself. Watch movies in the theatre. Spend special time with your older kids. I know you HS so maybe prepare a few months worth of lessons? I know that I'm trying to be frantic for the next 2.5 weeks so I can actually "enjoy" the two weeks before delivering, since I won't have a minute to myself for months to follow...I plan on doing some of the things I listed above if I possibly can but I'm nesting like crazy and I see no end in sight.

ArizonaGirl
10-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Oh Honey I couldn't read and not post.

I so know what you mean about feeling impatient and worrying and having little mini goals.

I have had two PG both full of multiple issues the main one of which has been early labor both times now (first at 25 weeks and second at 20 weeks).

I survived the whole thing with mini goals, certain marker I wanted to make it to.

The PG with DD was particularly difficult because the labor and corresponding meds, bed rest, etc started so early and then all of the sudden at the end I was having ctx almost constantly, but she refused to budge until my scheduled section at 39 weeks. Which was so different because I had never been PG that long before since DS came early at 36 weeks.

I so feel for you :hug: