PDA

View Full Version : Since when is this experimental Aetna? (possible TMI)

theriviera
10-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I have a huge bill (>$500) for routine lab work because Aetna is claiming that it is experimental. Apparently, before swabbing for a yeast infection, my OB/GYN should have called Aetna first. F*&*ing ridiculous. On the plus side, I'm trying to work in the words yeast infection over and over to the idiot guy from Aetna that i'm talking to. :rotflmao:

catsnkid
10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Call your doctor and complain..

NCGrandma
10-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Call your doctor and complain..

Or maybe start with the doctor's office manager/billing person. Sounds like the doctor's office or lab may have inadvertently miscoded it.

theriviera
10-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Or maybe start with the doctor's office manager/billing person. Sounds like the doctor's office or lab may have inadvertently miscoded it.

I did the first time, almost 2 months ago after speaking with the lab and Aetna. The manager provided dx code but Aetna still rejected it. I asked Aetna to call my dr. office which they did. The manager now has the new guidelines so I hope this can get worked out now. So annoying!

crl
10-04-2013, 06:02 PM
That's bizarre. Hope it gets worked out!

Catherine

AnnieW625
10-04-2013, 06:46 PM
I got billed $525 for routine lab work because I had a "condition." I was having my yearly routine labs from my physical done to see if I had and they were checking for a thyroid condition. I called the insurance company and then had a conference call with the insurance guy and the receptionist/billing lady at my doctor's office. It took about 4 months to get the thing settled, but it finally got settled and I am happy about that!

Good luck!

StantonHyde
10-04-2013, 11:37 PM
At this point, you need to be using VAGINA!!!!

pharmjenn
10-05-2013, 01:12 AM
At this point, you need to be using VAGINA!!!!

That is what I was going to say. Work the words vagina, itching, etc into the conversation. Good luck. I had a bacterial swab done at my doctors office during a routine exam. He sent it to the hospital across the street, as that is the lab he uses. My insurance only wanted to pay a minimal amount because I didn't use the lab at my hospital.
After explaining that I don't think the lab techs wanted to take that sample, either as a hand off from me, or get the sample themselves, I finally got it paid at the higher reimbursement.

Rainbows&Roses
10-05-2013, 11:04 AM
I hate Aetna. I agree with PPs "yeast infection in my vagina" is the better phrase to start using.

georgiegirl
10-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Seriously? I agree with everyone else. Use the words vagina and yeast infection many times. Also the phrase "cottage cheese-like discharge" is bound to get some results.

elizabethkott
10-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Seriously? I agree with everyone else. Use the words vagina and yeast infection many times. Also the phrase "cottage cheese-like discharge" is bound to get some results.

:rotflmao:

I vote for, "sir, you've obviously never had to deal with a cheesy vagina before".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

BabyBearsMom
10-06-2013, 09:26 AM
I think you should say "vagina" as much as possible. "So when my doctor swabbed my VAGINA should she have been on the phone with you at that time because I think that would be hard with her hands in my VAGINA. Since, you know, my yeast infection was in my VAGINA. Have you ever seen a VAGINA with a yeast infection. It's not a pretty VAGINA, no siree."