PDA

View Full Version : Better deal... Bear Claw or Kirkland boots?

oneontheway
10-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Want a quick slip on boot for the winter and wondering which is a better boot for the price... Bear Claw or Kirkland?

Also if its Bear Claw is amazon the best place to buy?

crl
10-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I haven't seen the Bearclaw ones. But I was all excited that dd would be able to wear the Kirkland ones this year as her feet are now big enough. Then I saw them in store and was not impressed at all. The soles were completely rigid. Dd is three, but I still like a flexible sole for her. She had fuggs from Target last year that her grandparents got her and she loved those and the sole was much more flexible, so when I mentioned it to them the grandparents volunteered to go and look there again for us (Target is oddly far away for me).

Catherine

abh5e8
10-04-2013, 06:08 PM
dd had the bearclaw ones the year before last and the year before that. i really liked them! i hope the quality has not changed. no experience with target or kirkland.

AnnieW625
10-04-2013, 06:59 PM
We had the toddler Target boots and will most likely have them again this year as DD2 still has tiny feet, size 8 (so even if we size up to a 9, still too small for the Kirkland ones) and I honestly hope they have some in DD1's size (1) because while my DD1 loves the Kirkland ones and for $20 they aren't something to lose sleep over I think for the same price the Target ones we had last year for DD2 wore much better.

I have adult Bear Paw boots that I got at Nordstrom Rack right before Christmas last year and I really like them. I think I paid $39 for them. I have not seen them for kids other than on their website.

Dkc
10-04-2013, 07:01 PM
I have had both and the Kirkland boots held up a lot better then bearclaw

rolypoly27
10-04-2013, 07:30 PM
What are the Target ones called? Do they go on sale usually?

ang79
10-04-2013, 08:23 PM
For you or kids?

I have Bearpaw boots that I love, got them at Marshalls for like $20 a few years ago. I've seen similar ones this fall at 2 nearby Ross's for $30 and $40 I think.

For kids, I have no idea, I've never seen the Kirkland boots. Last year DD2 (4) had ones from Kohls that laced up the back, they were super cute and she loved them. DD1 (now 7) is super picky about shoes and I had her try the ones at Kohls and Target and she didn't like either. We finally settled on some from Old Navy and she loved them and wanted to wear them all the time and they held up pretty well, even w/ frequent outdoor Kindergarten recess (I also have ON ones that I've had a few seasons and they've held up decently).

crl
10-04-2013, 08:31 PM

Sorry I have no idea. Ours arrived in the mail from the grandparents and I didn't take any notice of the brand or anything. And I have no idea what they paid for them. They were purchased in November I think as they were a Christmas present. I also have no idea about their offerings this year.

Catherine

oneontheway
10-04-2013, 09:03 PM
For you or kids?

I have Bearpaw boots that I love, got them at Marshalls for like $20 a few years ago. I've seen similar ones this fall at 2 nearby Ross's for $30 and $40 I think.

For kids, I have no idea, I've never seen the Kirkland boots. Last year DD2 (4) had ones from Kohls that laced up the back, they were super cute and she loved them. DD1 (now 7) is super picky about shoes and I had her try the ones at Kohls and Target and she didn't like either. We finally settled on some from Old Navy and she loved them and wanted to wear them all the time and they held up pretty well, even w/ frequent outdoor Kindergarten recess (I also have ON ones that I've had a few seasons and they've held up decently).

For me. Basically to slip on quickly to run to the bus stop, to run an errand, etc. in the winter.

Mom of XX&XY
10-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Kirkland. You can return them if they are defective which is a plus. Also they tend to run truer to size and width. The Bear Paw ones were too small and narrow for my DD. She has never been a wide more on the narrow side.

ang79
10-04-2013, 09:16 PM
For me. Basically to slip on quickly to run to the bus stop, to run an errand, etc. in the winter.

Mine work great for that :) I have some fake fur ones from ON and my Bearpaw ones (I think they are the PAWZ ones, so they have a thicker sole and much better traction), and they Bearpaw ones keep my feet warmer, are more cozy, and have a better sole for walking in snow/slush. Do you have a Ross nearby? Check them out and see if they have any. I saw both dark brown and black ones at my 2 local Ross's. I was very tempted to get the brown ones (already own black), but since my ON boots are still in good condition and are dark brown I figured I didn't "need" them. FWIW, I also have had Bearpaw slippers in the past, which I wear non-stop when I'm inside in the colder months. I got a different brand of shearling lined slippers for cheap on Amazon last year and they are not holding up nearly as well as the Bearpaw ones did, so I told DH to get me another pair of Bearpaw ones for Christmas this year!

ecofem
10-06-2013, 10:01 AM
I've had both. Prefer Kirkland. I felt that the Shearling was superior and very similar to Uggs.

Tondi G
10-06-2013, 04:01 PM

Target has some Ugg style boots in the mailer today. 420. Only in the sand/tan color in the picture.