PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?!

Mali
10-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Argh! Our stove broke last Friday. It blew the circuit breaker (the gas stove is the only thing on the circuit) while I was baking dinner. We reset the breaker when we realized it had tripped but still no working stove. A lamp plugged into the outlet to test it worked fine.

So we call the place we bought it from and they send a guy out on Tuesday to fix it. Only he says he can only fix the minor stuff. Well gee, considering we described the problem to your call center why weren't we told to call Viking directly. (The tech thinks the circuit board shorted out. Also, wtf does my gas range have a circuit board, it isn't a damn computer. All it has to do is provide ignition sparks and that shouldn't be terribly complicated IMO.)

So the tech calls the Viking service group for our area and gets us on their list and they'll call us within a day to schedule. Then the tech calls back a couple hours later to say he scheduled for us and Monday was the earliest they had. Ideal? No, but fine we can deal.

Now the Viking service place calls to say that they're totally booked on Monday and they probably won't make it and if they can't that they'll be here next Friday. We were only pencilled in for Monday apparently. But how the hell were we "scheduled" but now only "pencilled in"? Either we were scheduled or we weren't and apparently we weren't. Don't f#^{% lie about it.

I'm so aggravated its not even funny. Several thousand dollars worth of stove that's a brick in my kitchen so I can't do any serious baking (we have a small convection oven so I can at least make dinner) and its going to stay that way for another week at least (clearly they can't be trusted to schedule appointments correctly).

It doesn't help that DD (8m) is being a total crankpot because she caught the cold DH dragged home from work.

I'm having a drink and going to Costco and the grocery store. DH can be on baby patrol so he can enjoy her pleasant company. If I'm real mean, I'll go tomorrow after her nap. :31:

wellyes
10-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Enjoy the dinners out! Their customer service should reimburse you!!