PDA

View Full Version : exhausted!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Last week, while DH was out of town

-i had 3 days with horrible headaches
-AF showed up (probably the main reason for at least one of the headaches,)
-Wednesday DD got fever at school so i had to leave work early and pick her up, then take the next day off from work to stay home with her. while that was nice, i have very limited vacation days so its' hard for me to take time off
-my kids are normally excellent sleepers..but this week both kids were waking up a lot at night bc of the congestion (DD), coughing fits (DS and DD), or leg pains (DS). Several mornings DD woke up at 500am-5:30.
-Friday morning i had a dentist appointment before work and had to rush the kids off to school, ended up snapping at the kids resulting in tantrums/screaming in the car on the way. i felt horrible later but it is just so frustrating sometimes having to get a 3yo dressed in the morning by a certain time. and, i felt bad too bc i got to work super late..i was just thinking, i must look like the biggest slacker ever..Wed leave at 2, thursday - day off, and friday come in at 9:45..but i feel like i'm at my absolute limit.

DH came back late fri night but now he has to leave again today for another weeklong trip (there are 4 total) :( My sinuses feel horrible (likely allergies), and I am just exhausted. DH is exhausted from the trip and working 12+ hours a day, and trying to pitch in as many chores as he can, running to the grocery store at night after the kids are in bed to buy food for the week. DS is sad that Daddy has to leave again, asking why he has to travel, which breaks my heart. The kids have pretty much spent the whole morning on the iPad or watching TV, as they did yesterday evening, about 10x more than then usually spend, and i am THANKFUL for it, bc i don't know how we'd survive otherwise.

Daunting thing is that we have 3 more weeks of this. :( While we did hire help to bring the kids home from school and stay with them until i get home from work, which is extremely helpful....it's still exhausting as the nighttime is still pretty rough with both kids waking up at night for coughing/needing water, complaining of leg pains, etc. The past 2 nights, DH and I each took one DC which made it so much easier but now i'll be on my own again, and poor DD is still pretty snotty. Oh, and our wedding anniversary is next weekend, and we won't get to do anything nice at all, since it will be in the middle of all this craziness. The good sign is that after this insanity, is the end, that DH will be quitting after this. And this trip DH will be leaving his iPad behind so we'll have 2 iPads at home for the kids to use when needed. Am praying that this week will be better..

twowhat?
10-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Sending lots of hugs! My DH has been gone all week this week as well and we went out to dinner last night and before the waiter came to take our orders, I noticed DD2's quivering chin and eyes welled up with tears. I said "DD2, what's wrong?" and she choked out "I...just...miss...Daddy" and burst into tears. I wanted to cry!!!! I've been working every night too (including last night, and still have some work to do tonight). And then next weekend I have to travel for work. It's hard!

Hugs to you!!! Hopefully the time will fly by. Hang in there!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-06-2013, 03:47 PM
aw, that is so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time, isn't it. usually the weeks DH is gone by Thursday or Friday the kids have started crying that "I want Daddy to be here." I felt so bad. Usually he only travels for a week at a time, but then yesterday I was telling DS that Daddy had to leave again tomorrow. He looked SO disappointed and said "Again?? WHY?" And i told him how he had many important jobs to do in (city). DH has been gone for multiple weeks in a row before, but it was mostly when they were really little (DS was 1 and DD was a newborn), and so they didn't notice that much.

anyway, went to yoga and feeling a bit better about it now..just hoping this month goes by quickly!

m4nash
10-06-2013, 05:25 PM
It is hard! Hugs to you. My DH has been gone for 15 days now and doesn't get back until late this week. My DH is 6 hrs behind us while he is gone, so he often doesn't get to talk to our kids because he's asleep or working while they are awake and home from school. It is really hard on my 7 year old. I also have a 4 and 3 year old who think daddy is home every afternoon when we get home and see DH's car parked in front of our house. The disappointment in their faces when they remember he's gone makes me want to cry sometimes. But thankfully the time has flown by this time. I hope the next three weeks fly by for you!

georgiegirl
10-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Hugs. I hope this week is easier and your kids get healthy and start sleeping well.