PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy girls' sneakers?

twowhat?
10-06-2013, 02:32 PM
I've been repeatedly disappointed by the selection at Stride Rite online. What are other good places to look? My kids currently wear SR 10.5W (but are complaining that these are too small now, so probably need a SR 11.5W). They also have a pair of Umi MJs in 10.5 (Umis run HUGE and WIDE compared to SR) that fit well with lots of good growing room. We haven't tried any other brands but I am getting the feeling SR runs small/narrow. I think my kids' feet are on the wide size. I'm getting kind of frustrated by the huge discrepancy in sizing between brands...makes it really hard to shop online and I hate going to stores because they often don't have 2 of the same styles in the same size and my kids get really frustrated over seeing something they like and it not being available in their size (or worse - only one available!)

We just need a good basic sneaker that will hold up for soccer days at school (it's not hard-core soccer - just 45 minute classes that focus more on learning skills and sportsmanship - they've played in their mary janes before when I've forgotten). DD2 will probably insist on pink accents. DD1 is easier to please.

egoldber
10-06-2013, 02:58 PM
I recently bought sneakers at Kohl's for my DD. A good selection and very reasonably priced.

AnnieW625
10-06-2013, 03:35 PM
New Balance Kids. I have ordered from NewBalance.com, and Zappos and have also bought from a local shoe store. NewBalance.com has free shipping and free returns over $75.

I would try something like these from New Balance Kids (http://www.newbalance.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-newbalance_us-Site/default/mProduct-Show?pid=886863510258&start=35&cgid=36000). DD1 wore a similar style for the last two years and they wore quite well. She tried other traditional Velcro shoes like these (http://www.newbalance.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-newbalance_us-Site/default/mProduct-Show?pid=886350841346&start=4&cgid=36000), but her instep is a bit higher so it made them in a medium too hard to close, but in the wide they were too wide and too loose. She was able to wear the hybrid velcro ones I linked above in a medium width with no problem. We did have her properly fitted at a local store first, which I found very helpful.

DD1 also has these from Nike (http://m.jcpenney.com/mobile/jsp/browse/product.jsp?_DARGS=/mobile/jsp/browse/ppThumbnail.jsp_AF&_dynSessConf=1767483907359969414&deprtId=&ppId=pp5002461581&sub_catId=&dimCombo=&Ntt=Nike+revolution+2&/com/jcpenney/profile/bean/UserSessionBean.currentResultIndex=18&subcat_Id=&currIndx=18&cateId=&_D%3A/com/jcpenney/profile/bean/UserSessionBean.currentResultIndex=+) (bought at JC Penney) and they are great for school and park play. They do run a bit small so I would consider ordering a 1/2 size up.

Kindra178
10-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I second Annie's rec for NB shoes, especially the ones she linked to. The do hold up pretty well, are very comfy and easy on and off.

Pinky
10-06-2013, 07:14 PM
We have the first NB the previous poster mentioned. Got them for a great price on Amazon. They've held up perfectly!

wendibird22
10-06-2013, 07:31 PM
DD1 is a sz 12 and just bought her sneakers at JCP. They had a good selection of Nike, N b, Sketcher (and the PE appropriate kind not just fashion styles), etc. I went to Shoe Dept, Famous Footwear, and a few other places and JCP had the lowest prices and best selection.

twowhat?
10-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks! How do those NB sneakers run, size-wise (compared to SR?) Do they run narrow or wide? I like the way those look.

willow33
10-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Kohls, www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com and zappos