PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha show?

KrisM
10-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Has anyone seen this? I am thinking of giving it a try. I think the kids would enjoy it and it seems like a nice way to get a break from the park on a long MK day.

hillview
10-06-2013, 06:50 PM
never been -- was tempted a few times but every time I went to pull the trigger, I read the reviews on the disboards and they were so horrible that I backed away. Interested to see reviews!

KrisM
10-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I'm reading those now! They are very mixed reviews - people either like it or hate it! But, I am wondering if going in knowing it's corny, it'll be okay. My kids love the Brady Bunch where they are in Hawaii and see the luau and learn the dancing :).

hillview
10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
I am anxious to hear what BBBers think. I love the Hoopy De Doop Review. We've gone 2x and even DH really liked it.

liz
10-06-2013, 10:47 PM
DH and I went a long time ago, so not sure if much has changed. I looked online at the show description and it sounds similar. I remember the food was so-so and the show was nice. We have been lucky enough to see a luau in Hawaii-which is still touristy of course- but I don't think it's in the same caliber. Still, it could be a real fun show if you or the kids have never been to a luau.