PDA

View Full Version : Tunic sticking to leggings?

Mommy_Mea
10-07-2013, 07:51 AM
(Vera Wang) I got a great tunic top from Boden and finally got some leggings, and have been loving the comfort and cuteness of the tunic and leggings look. But the cotton tunic always sticks to the cotton leggings, and I find myself fussing with it a lot, especially when it gets drawn between my legs when walking. A slip is my solution when this happens with tights and skirts, but it seems silly to wear a slip with a tunic.

Do I need different leggings? I got a cheaper pair from Kohls , but was planning on splurging on a pair from Boden, will that make a difference? I really like the look and feel of cotton over pointe, so I am hoping that is not the solution. Or is the cling just part of the look? Thanks :-)

specialp
10-07-2013, 08:37 AM
What are the leggings made of? I really like boden leggings which are viscose/rayon so it might help. Plus, they are really comfortable. I like loft leggings okay (not as much as boden) but they are mainly cotton so I don't think those would help at all, but if you have a loft nearby you could go and try on with your tunic just to see. My only other thought is wondering if your tunic is too big. They are supposed to be loose of course, but if you have one that is too big, it can do that as it is acting more like a dress.

Mommy_Mea
10-07-2013, 09:47 AM
What are the leggings made of? I really like boden leggings which are viscose/rayon so it might help. Plus, they are really comfortable. I like loft leggings okay (not as much as boden) but they are mainly cotton so I don't think those would help at all, but if you have a loft nearby you could go and try on with your tunic just to see. My only other thought is wondering if your tunic is too big. They are supposed to be loose of course, but if you have one that is too big, it can do that as it is acting more like a dress.

The leggings I have are cotton, so sounds like that is the issue. I should definitely order the boden leggings today then! Thanks!

mypa
10-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I have the same problem and the Boden leggings solved it. They are so stretchy, lightweight, and comfortable and they don't stick to cotton tunics but it isn't shiny either like some of the synthetic ones. One caveat is that if you are bending over and wearing a light colored underwear it may show through as the material can stretch out to be sheer.

inmypjs
10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Have you tried Static Guard? I shudder to think what chemicals are in it, but it usually does the trick.

Mommy_Mea
10-09-2013, 07:54 AM
I think it is really the cotton grabbing the cotton, and not static, so it sounds like the boden leggings will address the issue. I will ask my MIL if she had any static guard though (we are staying with them right now), thanks!

Mommy_Mea
10-23-2013, 12:55 PM
The boden leggings arrived yesterday, and while they are to big (next size down is on backorder), there is no sticking. Thanks for the recs!