PDA

View Full Version : jackets similar to Land's End Squall?

skohng
10-07-2013, 12:33 PM
I always seem to miss the off-season mega sales at LE. Looking for windproof jackets with a fleece lining for the fall for my primary school-aged boys. Any affordable alternatives? Preferably under the $40 rage. I've tried stalking my local CL but need them quickly. Thanks!

Kindra178
10-07-2013, 04:02 PM
I got these for my boys for the fall:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/76509?feat=n%20stuff|hiking%20pack%20n-SR0&page=boys-puff-n-stuff-jacket

They wore them yesterday for hours outside and raved about them. Roomy enough for layering underneath, very water resistant and windproof. They stuff really well into a backpack, so they are perfect for cool mornings and warm afternoons where the jackets end up getting stuffed in. I should add that my boys HATE (HATE) wearing jackets, especially this time of year when they are not used to it, and they have no problems wearing this. DS1 told Dh that he loves his new coat. Perfect Chicago temp rating too.

schrocat
10-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Check Costco. They should have something within your price range. We've never bought our jackets from there though since I always buy ahead for my boys so we "shop" our closet but I have noticed weather appropriate jackets at Costco at a cheap price.

skohng
10-17-2013, 11:03 AM
thanks for the suggestions! I checked out costco and they have decent jackets, but probably best suited for toddlers/preschoolers. my 8yo is pretty hard on his clothes so I bit the bullet and went the my local Land's End inlet. Some squall parkas were only $29 albeit girly colors, but I scored a squall jacket for a decent price.

Kindra178
10-17-2013, 11:15 AM
thanks for the suggestions! I checked out costco and they have decent jackets, but probably best suited for toddlers/preschoolers. my 8yo is pretty hard on his clothes so I bit the bullet and went the my local Land's End inlet. Some squall parkas were only $29 albeit girly colors, but I scored a squall jacket for a decent price.

Where is the Inlet?

skohng
10-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Where is the Inlet?

Kindra, I went to the one on Dempster and Harlem in Niles, but there are locations in Lombard and Schaumburg. Great deals!