PDA

View Full Version : Bummed, DH SUPER busy all of a sudden!

bisous
10-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Things just got super busy for DH at work. It is not good timing. I am having a baby in exactly 4 weeks. He had anticipated taking 2 weeks off. I will really need him since I will be having a c-section and have a crazy 2yo and two other older kids as well. Additionally, I really wanted his help on some projects around the house. I'm working so hard to get everything done and ready for baby and am disappointed that he will not be available to help me. I know how important this job is for our family and I know that DH certainly did not choose to get ultra busy RIGHT NOW. I'm still sad. I anticipate that I will not have time to finish everything but I'm not going to stop trying.

Just one of those things that I'm sure so many people can relate to. It is going to be a LONG few months.

crl
10-07-2013, 11:12 PM
I am sorry! I hope he is able to help you out.

Catherine

belovedgandp
10-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Prioritize and let the rest slide. Keep you sanity and do everything you can to make it easier on YOU.

Totally been there. DH took a blissful 72 hours off when DC3 was born and then it went to heck. He'd worked crazy hours up to the birth and then I had him for those three days before he was sucked back in to traveling and working on a project that conveniently exploded for the three months covering the end of pregnancy and first 8 weeks of DC3's life.

Tondi G
10-08-2013, 12:51 AM
(((HUGS))) I'm sorry, that sucks!

bisous
10-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Thank you for the understanding and commiseration! I know that we'll get through it and it will work out. I'm disappointed but feeling more hopeful (and more energetic) this morning. We'll see!

Mopey
10-08-2013, 07:27 PM
It's been like that around here too (though with far fewer little ones to run after) - so frustrating - especially for you right now! So sorry OP. I agree you should charge ahead while you can, and here's hoping your hubby can be around somewhat :hug: