PDA

View Full Version : Found a great boot for us wider calf ladies

wendibird22
10-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Got this boot yesterday from DSW: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/steve+madden+baxter+boot?prodId=251230&productRef=SEARCH

I'm petite so I need a short shaft and have thick calves, so need a wider calf style. I can't zip most of what's on the shelves. Yet I have thin ankles and narrow feet so often the "wide calf" styles are just too big and sloppy everywhere else. This boot is great! You simply zip it up as far as you want to/can. I'm wearing them today with tights and I can actually zip them all the way up. They are on the snuggier side but not tight/pinching. If I wear them with pants/leggings I'm sure I'll leave them a bit unzipped. And because the zipper is on the outside it's meant to be more of a fashion look with them unzipped vs if it was on the inside and then simply looked like you couldn't get them to fit (if that makes sense). The style is a bit rugged but not too biker/moto looking. I think they'll be versatile for work and weekends. The leather is very soft. Can't beat the price and shipping was very quick even with the free ship option.