PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find a new skin care line!

Pilotbaby
10-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Does anyone have any great skin care lines to recommend? Something for skin that is slightly mature:) Feel like my skin is dull lately and I haven't had time to stay on top of new trends these days. Any suggestions?

TwoBees
10-08-2013, 10:05 AM
I've been using Cetaphil. Nothing fancy but it does the trick, and the cream is nice and moisturizing for night. During the day I use Olay Complete Sensitive face lotion SPF 30.

mom2khj
10-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Paula's Choice.

www.paulaschoice.com

wendibird22
10-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Cerave AM and PM for lotion, philosophy purity for wash and my favorite product...Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner. Gosh I love that stuff. Use it am and pm. It really gives my face a nice surface to work with. Literally can't live without that stuff.

megs4413
10-08-2013, 12:19 PM
I've never found just one line that each product works the way i need it to. I am using cetaphil for washing, olay total effects for moisturizing, and stila corrector before applying makeup (to refine my pores, correct color, etc)

BabyBearsMom
10-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I've been using Olay Regenerist and really like it, plus it isn't too $$$. I've also been using their CC cream in the morning and don't use any other foundation anymore. I like it a lot. Also, if you are noticing dullness, have you tried a little bronzer with a slight shean? I use Mac brand and really like it. I use it instead of blush and eye shadow so it gives you a glowing look without looking over made up.

specialp
10-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Is your skin oily or dry?

MMMommy
10-08-2013, 12:39 PM
I've been using Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Cleanser (morning and night), Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Daily Moisturizer (light and not heavy) with Elta MD UV Daily Sheer during the day, and Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer (alternating between Dry/Very Dry and Combo/Dry) at night.

pastrygirl
10-08-2013, 01:44 PM
I've been using Garden of Wisdom (http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/home.html) products for 7+ years. LOVE everything.

cvanbrunt
10-08-2013, 02:16 PM
I like this for treatment http://www.sephora.com/3-little-wonders-P124716 and I use something cheap and gentle like Cetaphil for cleansing.

rds97
10-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Another vote for Paula's Choice. Her Resist line has totally changed my skin. Love it. Great customer service, too.

legaleagle
10-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Also love Paula's choice - I use some resist stuff and some from the dry skin line and the earth source toner as a serum with the c booster. Definitely sample some first.

Pilotbaby
10-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Is your skin oily or dry?

Mostly dry these days.

Pilotbaby
10-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Do you know where I could find some samples? Getting ready to google it and see where I can purchase.

Also love Paula's choice - I use some resist stuff and some from the dry skin line and the earth source toner as a serum with the c booster. Definitely sample some first.

Mopey
10-08-2013, 04:03 PM
I am also totally interested in Paula's Choice! Any more info would be great - fave products? Did it really work on brown spots? I have bad melasma on my forehead....

TIA :)

Binkandabee
10-08-2013, 04:12 PM
I use my clarisonic twice daily with cetaphil gentle cleanser, then cerave am moisturizer with SPF 30 for moisture.

specialp
10-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Mostly dry these days.

When in Sephora, ask for a sample of amorepacific vitalizing masque to try at night. It's amazing, but it smells way too strong so no way I would I buy it before trying the samples. It feels very light going on, but in the morning the skin is so soft. You can get 2-3 uses out of one sample.

94bruin
10-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Another Paula's Choice fan here as well. I have combo skin.

inmypjs
10-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I saw the thread title and was coming to recommend Paula's Choice and was so glad to see others beat me to it. I think she has great products, and I love that she is so transparent about the ingredients and what they can and can't do. My favorite products are Moisture Boost Hydrating Treatment Cream and the Alpha Hydroxy and Beta Hydroxy acids.

3blackcats
10-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Anyone using these products have roseacea? I'm worried about angering my skin :)

94bruin
10-08-2013, 08:17 PM
What's nice about Paula's Choice is that her website includes reviews. It helped me figure out what to get.

jren
10-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Anyone using these products have roseacea? I'm worried about angering my skin :)

I don't have roseacea, but I do have very sensitive skin. Paula's Choice is the only product I've been able to use. Everytime I think I'll try something else, it's ended up breaking out my skin. There are no fragrances at all in any of her products. She also lists what products tend to be good for roseacea. I've been using PC since she came out with her first products. Maybe over 10 years now?

MMMommy
10-08-2013, 10:54 PM
All these votes for Paula's Choice has my interest piqued! I am trying to find a less expensive alternative to the Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Cream. Paula's Choice has free shipping on anything right now, so I am going to give the Moisture Boost Cream and the Skin Recovery Moisturizer a try. I like the Clinique night cream, but the tube is small (1.7 oz) and runs out fast for the price.

mom2khj
10-09-2013, 08:09 AM
I mentioned PC upthread, but will add my favorite products. I have tried a lot of her stuff that is geared towards normal/combo/oily skin. I'd say I have combo skin, but the oily sections are very oily. I'm prone to hormonal cystic acne and had scarring from years of acne issues that no products would resolve. I also have maybe a touch of rosacea on my cheeks. I took Accutane in college and it rid me of the cystic acne for awhile, but after having kids it came back. And I wasn't doing Accutane again! PC products is the first line I've ever tried (and believe me I've tried all the fad lines) that actually worked. Even if I do get a rare spot, it's gone almost the next day. They used to take weeks to go away when I was using other products. I've also found some lightening of my scars from past acne. I rely heavily on her reviews for almost anything that goes on my face!

All that to say here is the regimen I've found works best for me. LOL.

Morning:
Wash with Clear Acne cleanser
Toner - Hydralight toner, I use this instead of clear so that my skin doesn't get dried out.
Moisturizer - RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator (finally a moisturizer that doesn't break me out!)
Side note: I just started trying Hourglass primer and foundation too and I think it may be working to keep me from breaking out so much.

Night Time:
Wash with Hydralight cleanser. I go back and forth between this and Skin Balancing, but I think I like this one better. It removes make up better than I feel the Clear cleanser does, that's why I use it instead of the Clear at night.
Tone with Clear Extra Strength Exfoliant
Treat with Clear Extra Strength Acne Treatment
Treat with RESIST Ultra-Light Antioxidant Serum

rds97
10-09-2013, 09:17 AM
One note on Paula's - she has small packets of each product you can try for < $1 each, which I love. I usually get around 2 uses from each packet. They are great for trying products or for travel. You can also buy a sample set of many of her regimes. That's what I would suggest if you are just getting started.
The Resist line is what I use: http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/collections/RESIST-Anti-Aging/_/Resist-Anti-Aging-Sample-Set/
Or if you are really dry, this would probably be a good one. http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/collections/Moisture-Boost/_/Moisture-Boost-Sample-Set/

Pilotbaby
10-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Wow- thanks for all of the suggestions everyone! I am looking them all up. I think I will try some of Paula's stuff. I looked at the website and it looks interesting. And now seeing the post about buying 1.00 samples makes it even more interesting. I also found a product called Hyper C Serum Anti Aging Therapy that looks interesting. Has anyone tried this?

MMMommy
10-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks PPs for mentioning Paula's Choice. I got the Moisture Boost Cream and the Skin Recovery Moisturizer yesterday, and I really like them both! They feel great and have no fragrance. I always prefer fragrance free for my sensitive, dry skin. I think they will be my more economic substitute for the Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Nighttime Moisturizers that I am currently using. They are half the price and offer just a tad more product per tube. Thanks!

hellokitty
10-12-2013, 03:37 PM
I've been watching this thread and went ahead and put in for several samples of skin care regimens, plus a few other things to see what works before ordering larger sizes. If you go through ebates, you can get a decent cash back too!

Pilotbaby
10-13-2013, 11:11 AM
I just got my samples and am using them now. What is ebates?

I've been watching this thread and went ahead and put in for several samples of skin care regimens, plus a few other things to see what works before ordering larger sizes. If you go through ebates, you can get a decent cash back too!