PDA

View Full Version : Marie Grace & Cecile Sets $50/60, DEAD!

maybeebaby08
10-09-2013, 09:01 AM
http://m.americangirl.com/mt/www.americangirl.com/lp/nolajsd2013_mobi/?un_jtt_redirect

Code is JILLFALL

Enter code and doll price is reduced to $50/60 depending on the set you get.

ECUPirateMom
10-09-2013, 09:15 AM
thanks for posting this!

Sent from my SGH-T989

infomama
10-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Wow that is a great deal! Looks like I'm getting Christmas shopping done early this year!

kit
10-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks so much!!

anonomom
10-09-2013, 09:41 AM
I was just coming to post this. I couldn't resist -- got Cecile for DD2.

Sweetsunshine
10-09-2013, 09:43 AM
It says the sale price will be at the checkout. I'm at the last page and need to click to order but don't see any sale price. I really don't want to charge $375 for two sets to my credit card. Anyone have any problems? I clicked through the link from OP.

elbert
10-09-2013, 09:44 AM
I was just coming to post this. I couldn't resist -- got Cecile for DD2.

I couldn't resist, either. Marie-Grace is on her way.

I know there were some quality issues reported last time there was a steep discount on these dolls, but I figured it was worth it at that price. It's quite a deal given how expensive the outfits are on their own (which, in my opinion, is pretty ridiculous anyway...)

maybeebaby08
10-09-2013, 09:44 AM
I've resisted so far. I'm glad everyone else is getting them! I still have Marie Grace in my closet for DD, wanted to get Cecile!

anonomom
10-09-2013, 09:45 AM
It says the sale price will be at the checkout. I'm at the last page and need to click to order but don't see any sale price. I really don't want to charge $375 for two sets to my credit card. Anyone have any problems? I clicked through the link from OP.

Did you put the code in? It's JILLFALL

maybeebaby08
10-09-2013, 09:46 AM

Did you put the code in? After you add it your bag you have to enter JILLFALL at the top of the page there is a box for the code. It should tem show the discount price.

Sweetsunshine
10-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the code reminder!! I was in such a panic I forgot that part! All set now. Thanks for the quick help!

infomama
10-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Only one set per customer. Are you trying to order more than one of a set? Did you put in the code?

emily_gracesmama
10-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Ugh I caved. She has such pretty long hair. We have Emily and Kit so these will be a welcome change at least in the hair dept.

Pennylane
10-09-2013, 10:20 AM
I just happened to be looking at an AG girl Facebook page and saw this, was coming to post! Great deal!

Ann

wifecat
10-09-2013, 10:25 AM
My daughter's only 4. Should I wait? She has a bitty baby...

infomama
10-09-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd wait.

wifecat
10-09-2013, 10:33 AM
I'd wait.

Thanks. I get caught up in the excitement of deals and end up storing presents for a long time!

Seitvonzu
10-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Ugh....I already have both these dolls but this deal is so much better cause you get an outfit...I would love the party outfit set bc I could donate or consign the doll...but....its apparently the only set sold out! And now I don't see the party set available separately either :( I am thinking of getting the blue outfit with mg instead....but I am not sure....maybe more headache than it is worth

vonfirmath
10-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Seit: Maybe someone who bought the set and doesn't want the dress will sell it to you?

secchick
10-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks so much! I always miss these deals. I was disappointed the party set was sold out, but this is my opportunity to see if DD is interested in AG wilout putting too much cash into it. She has never really played with dolls before.

Blue Hydrangea
10-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Seit: Maybe there will be another release later for different time zones? I got DD a Bitty Baby from the last sale, they were sold out by the time I saw the post in the morning, but a couple hours later someone posted a new link where all the dolls were available again and I was able to buy one. Not sure if that will happen this time too, but it could!

westwoodmom04
10-09-2013, 10:42 AM

My daughter got her first AG doll at 4 and she was a huge hit. She loved the doll and accessories, didn't read the story until later though. At 8, she doesn't play with her dolls as much (though one of the few toys she has held onto). If she likes dolls, she would probably love it.

Seitvonzu
10-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys...I feel like a dork because this is for my collection....I was just at the store and skipped over the party dress figuring it would be around (its christmasy right?) Gah. I hate these mattel games.... ishould really post on the biotching post about my last trip to ag place

infomama
10-09-2013, 10:45 AM
I went with the bedtime set and now it's sold out now. Hope I get my email conf soon!!

Seitvonzu
10-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Oh and if any gets these girls and thinks they might be interested in the tableware set ( with the beignets)....I would get that now! I wanted to buy it at agplace last weekend and the associate was convinced it was limited edition for summer. I argued that that was the dresses and table,but she insisted she hadn't see the dishes in 6 months! I knew I had seen it on the website so I rushed home and ordered. I haven't opened the box yet, but my dollshave the summer outfits and the table so I can't imagine not having the dishes and food! Again.....mattel games!

Seitvonzu
10-09-2013, 11:01 AM
I went ahead and ordered the 50 dollar set...the dress alone is 28 dollars....so that means the doll ends up being 31 shipped. Cannot beat that! Plus id have to pay to havethedress shipped OR pay virginia sales tax (high) and make the trip...so this is a good deal. Also this way I can pick between my two mariegraces ....did you know all dolls are unique, even the "same" ones? ;) the other can be a present or donation

Melaine
10-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I still haven't gotten mine out from the last sale and somehow I am still sitting here thinking I want to buy more? Serious shopping problem here.

secchick
10-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I went with the bedtime set and now it's sold out now. Hope I get my email conf soon!!

Ugh. I also closed out my window and haven't received my confirmation yet.

infomama
10-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Yaa!! Mine came!

wifecat
10-09-2013, 11:10 AM
My daughter got her first AG doll at 4 and she was a huge hit. She loved the doll and accessories, didn't read the story until later though. At 8, she doesn't play with her dolls as much (though one of the few toys she has held onto). If she likes dolls, she would probably love it.

She loves dolls and loves her Bitty Baby. Her brother actually just got a Bitty Baby too because he wanted his own! I decided to go ahead and get it. She turns 5 in March so maybe I'll save it for her 5th bday.

angiesscripts
10-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Thank you! How often do they do sales like this? I'm new to AG!

calv
10-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Oh and if any gets these girls and thinks they might be interested in the tableware set ( with the beignets)....I would get that now! I wanted to buy it at agplace last weekend and the associate was convinced it was limited edition for summer. I argued that that was the dresses and table,but she insisted she hadn't see the dishes in 6 months! I knew I had seen it on the website so I rushed home and ordered. I haven't opened the box yet, but my dollshave the summer outfits and the table so I can't imagine not having the dishes and food! Again.....mattel games!

can you please post a link or what set you're referring to? TIA! =)

Staraglimmer
10-09-2013, 11:51 AM
:(. Can't add any to my bag:(

Mommy to
DD1 4/08
DD2 6/12

Pennylane
10-09-2013, 11:52 AM

I wouldn't worry about that too much. Last year I didn't get mine until later in the day.

Ann

theriviera
10-09-2013, 11:59 AM
I can't add to bag either. And they just showed this on the west coast - maybe 20 minutes ago?

calv
10-09-2013, 12:06 PM
can anyone see the purchase from today in their account? I can't! =( Not sure that's such good news

elephantmeg
10-09-2013, 12:07 PM
i just got the marie grace sweet dreams set! So excited. That will be DD's Christmas present :)

Binkandabee
10-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Try this link as both pajama sets are still available.

http://www.americangirl.com/lp/2_nolajsd2013/index.php

calv
10-09-2013, 12:15 PM
can ANYONE see the doll(s) from today in the AG website/order history? Please advise. Panicking because wondering if I need to order again!!!!!!! THANKS

ECMom
10-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Try this link as both pajama sets are still available.

http://www.americangirl.com/lp/2_nolajsd2013/index.php

Thank you for this link. The items on the other one were sold out.

kit
10-09-2013, 12:22 PM
can ANYONE see the doll(s) from today in the AG website/order history? Please advise. Panicking because wondering if I need to order again!!!!!!! THANKS

I tried looking up my order (don't have an account) and it's not showing up. But I did receive an order confirmation email, so I think I'm ok.

infomama
10-09-2013, 12:22 PM

Don't panic...my email came a while after I ordered

calv
10-09-2013, 12:23 PM
thanks. it's not the email that I'm a wreck about. it's that I can't see it when I'm logged under my AG account. tempted to order again in case it doesn't go through. Ugghhhh. such stress, LOL

California
10-09-2013, 12:25 PM
THANK YOU. Santa thanks you. And with a click, Christmas morning just got the WOW factor for my littlest one.

klwa
10-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Thank you! Just ordered one of the pajama sets!

secchick
10-09-2013, 12:37 PM
I just got my missing MG confirmation about 2.5 hours after my order. I couldn't see the order in the system either. (But I also decided to order a Cecile pajama set too, just in case, before I received the confirmation). My rationale is that DH and his family are from NO, and we go there often, and I think DD would like to have 2 to play with (since she doesn't play by herself ever and I will have to force myself to play with them too :loveeyes:).

Binkandabee
10-09-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm so excited to give these to my girls. We've spent a great deal of time in NOLA and plan to give them once I am completely done with my reconstruction surgeries. Will be a perfect way to spoil my girls who have been through a lot right along with me.

coolae
10-09-2013, 12:43 PM
are any still available? i hate that i always come too late for this sale!

ZeeBaby
10-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I am so excited!!!! I just ordered 2 pajamas sets. DDs are only 4 and 5, but I will save them for next Christmas.

MaiseyDog
10-09-2013, 12:48 PM
I can't see any evidence of my order on my account and I haven't received an email. I debated about getting them in the first place because I had already bought the "big" christmas presents but it was such a good deal that I couldn't pass it up. So if the order doesn't work out I am operating under the belief it wasn't meant to be. I am keeping my fingers crossed though.

vonfirmath
10-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Thank you! How often do they do sales like this? I'm new to AG!

They have been a new thing of late.

Last year's was exactly the same doll as this year's, leading people to think it had to do with the amount of inventory they have sitting of these dolls and NOT being sold. So it may well not turn into a regular thing with merchandise that actually sells

(And the bitty baby one this summer was obviously to clear out the old bitty baby stock in advance of issuing the new dolls)

kit
10-09-2013, 12:57 PM
This will be our first AG doll, and now starting to think about "doll care," mostly keeping the hair from getting out of control. Is getting one of the doll brushes worth it? Anything else I should be worrying about or should get to help care for it? TIA!

iowavb
10-09-2013, 01:03 PM
This will be our first AG doll, and now starting to think about "doll care," mostly keeping the hair from getting out of control. Is getting one of the doll brushes worth it? Anything else I should be worrying about or should get to help care for it? TIA!

I like our AG doll brush for it, but I think any wire bristled brush would work.

kit
10-09-2013, 01:08 PM
I like our AG doll brush for it, but I think any wire bristled brush would work.

Thanks! There's a store not far from me, so I'll probably just pick one up the next time I'm near there. Any suggestions for anything else to pick up are welcome! Thanks!

cckwmh
10-09-2013, 01:11 PM
DD has both these dolls and she loves them. Wish they had a deal on their accessories

Staraglimmer
10-09-2013, 01:14 PM
I guess it's my phone, because I can't get them from either link. Couldn't get the bitty baby last year either.

Mommy to
DD1 4/08
DD2 6/12

maybeebaby08
10-09-2013, 01:33 PM

I got a wig brush at Sally Beauty and it works great DD1 is constantly brushing Saige's hair and surprisingly it's stayed nice and not a tangled mess.

AnnieW625
10-09-2013, 01:37 PM
I got a wig brush at Sally Beauty and it works great DD1 is constantly brushing Saige's hair and surprisingly it's stayed nice and not a tangled mess.

water and a wet brush or similar has worked well for DD1's Marie Grace. I am tempted to get Cecile for DD1's 8th birthday in April (but I am also tempted by Molly because she is getting discontinued and DD1 loves the Molly books). We already have Christmas taken care of.

Jenn27
10-09-2013, 01:53 PM
I missed it! An AG doll is the ONE thing I know I need to get for DD for Christmas and this would be great. Does anyone know how long it usually is between releases? I also missed the Bitty Baby one both early and late in the day!

Tenasparkl
10-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Gah, I saw this this morning and thought it was for AG doll clothes. I feel so dumb!

coolae
10-09-2013, 02:48 PM
i can intermittently add MG to cart, but then at check-out it says sold out. boo! i keep hoping they will restock for west coasters!

AnnieW625
10-09-2013, 02:59 PM
i can intermittently add MG to cart, but then at check-out it says sold out. boo! i keep hoping they will restock for west coasters!

Last year I called the Los Angeles store as soon as they opened at 10 am and I got a great personal shopper to help me out. I would try calling one of the stores. I think shipping was pretty reasonable and it was worth it to me to not have to drive to LA to pick it up personally. Good luck!

abh5e8
10-09-2013, 03:06 PM
it shows all sold out for me too. bummer!!! i bought marie-grace in this sale last year and really wanted to get cecille.

Aishe
10-09-2013, 03:28 PM
THANK YOU for posting this! DD really isn't into dolls that much, but she is always drooling over the AG catalog so this makes my decision easy. I was able to get the favorite frocks set. As an aside, the reviews of Marie-Grace are cracking me up. A lot of them talk about her "unique face mold" and how they thought she was ugly at first but now they love her. All the dolls look the same to me! Clearly I am not AG savvy.

abh5e8
10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
can you post your link? i'd love to get one.

wifecat
10-10-2013, 11:06 AM
They just sent me an email saying my payment method was declined. I'm wondering if I mistyped something on my card because the limit wouldn't have been reached (I only spent $60!). But I've been on hold with AG for 40 minutes now! Did they decline everyone and everyone is calling???

vonfirmath
10-10-2013, 11:10 AM
They just sent me an email saying my payment method was declined. I'm wondering if I mistyped something on my card because the limit wouldn't have been reached (I only spent $60!). But I've been on hold with AG for 40 minutes now! Did they decline everyone and everyone is calling???

No. I have seen many people saying they've already got their emails saying it was shipped.

wifecat
10-10-2013, 11:14 AM
No. I have seen many people saying they've already got their emails saying it was shipped.

Huh. Still on hold. This is kind of ridiculous! Wish I could just change my payment online!

ETA: Almost an hour later, I got to talk to someone. It was totally my bad. I put the wrong year for the exp date. Still, that was a LONG hold!

scrooks
10-10-2013, 12:43 PM
I had the same problem. In my rush to order I put the wrong expiration date for my cc. I called at 8 this morning and was on hold for 15 mins but it got taken care of.

eta.... Just saw your last post.... Sounds like we had the same problem!

secchick
10-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Has anyone not received a shipping notice? I received a shipping notice for the Cecile I ordere with the later restock, but not for the MG I ordered 2 hours earlier, for which the website still says "in progress".

ECMom
10-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Has anyone not received a shipping notice? I received a shipping notice for the Cecile I ordere with the later restock, but not for the MG I ordered 2 hours earlier, for which the website still says "in progress".

I received a shipment notice on Friday for MG; however the tracking # isn't showing any details yet.

Sweetsunshine
10-14-2013, 10:49 AM
No shipping notice for MG either. Haven't checked the AG website though.

infomama
10-14-2013, 10:51 AM
I got a shipping notice on Friday

Sweetsunshine
10-14-2013, 11:04 AM
I got nervous so I called AG and they said my order was fine it just hasn't shipped yet. Hopefully that's true!

elbert
10-16-2013, 03:00 PM
MarieGrace arrived today...hope others have had luck, too.

Seitvonzu
10-16-2013, 03:22 PM
mine also came today :) i live on the east coast. i haven't cracked my box open yet, but i'm hoping that it came with the BIG HOLIDAY CATALOG....what can i say- i'm an addict :)

(this reminds me... i was going to dress up my dolls for halloween this year. i have 4 princess outfits and a cowgirl dress...but, SIX *gulp* dolls.... maybe one of the dolls will just have to be "historical" (felicity perhaps?))

scrooks
10-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Ours came today too!:cheerleader1:

elbert
10-16-2013, 03:25 PM
mine also came today :) i live on the east coast. i haven't cracked my box open yet, but i'm hoping that it came with the BIG HOLIDAY CATALOG....what can i say- i'm an addict :)

(this reminds me... i was going to dress up my dolls for halloween this year. i have 4 princess outfits and a cowgirl dress...but, SIX *gulp* dolls.... maybe one of the dolls will just have to be "historical" (felicity perhaps?))

BIG HOLIDAY CATALOG arrived under separate cover yesterday...I promptly hid it from DD!

infomama
10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Mine came today!!

Aishe
10-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Mine is supposed to come today, and if it doesn't get here before I leave to get dd from school it will almost certainly be here when we return and she will see the box. I'm stressed out about this! I don't know how I can possible distract her from it. If I see the postal carrier on our way out I'm going to chase him down!

ZeeBaby
10-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Ours came today. So excited. I am scared to open the box!

klwa
10-17-2013, 06:52 AM
The doll arrived yesterday & the gown the day before that! One more Christmas present down!

kit
10-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Came yesterday! It was a nondescript box, other than the return address said (in small print) "American Girl."