PDA

View Full Version : All at once? Really?

crl
10-09-2013, 04:41 PM
About a month ago I agreed to take my neighbors' two boys (2nd and 4th graders) overnight today because of their parents work commitments. (Parents are super grateful and eager to repay the favor-- not bitching about them at all.)

Last week, baseball practice got moved from Thursday to today because of the possibility of a A's post season game on Thursday--seriously. So now I have got the complication of having to drive all four kids around. Great.

Then, Monday I was dx with a UTI. Lovely.

Yesterday, three and a half year old dd gets sick--fever, hoarse, grumpy. Perfect.

Yesterday I end up volunteering to pick up two extra players for practice because the day switch screws up their usual ride. It means an extra stop where I have to get us, including sick dd out of the car. Sure, why not?

Then one of the moms refuses to send her kid's baseball bag to school with him and refuses to let me take it home with me for what would have been less than twenty four hours, insisting that I have to make an extra stop at her house to pick up the bag. WTF?!?

Isn't this a bit much all at once? Sigh. Must go sweep as one of our overnight guests is allergic to our dog. . .

Catherine

bisous
10-09-2013, 04:46 PM
What the heck? I can't even begin to imagine what a day that is going to be! Hugs. May the hours quickly pass by and hopefully you and your DD will be feeling better soon! You deserve an extra relaxing weekend. Hope you have one planned!

crl
10-09-2013, 05:28 PM
What the heck? I can't even begin to imagine what a day that is going to be! Hugs. May the hours quickly pass by and hopefully you and your DD will be feeling better soon! You deserve an extra relaxing weekend. Hope you have one planned!

Sadly, no relaxing weekend for me. Baseball tournament which means wrangling three year old dd at baseball fields for multiple games. And ds has a half day at school tomorrow plus Friday off and both kids have Monday off. So no time to breathe until Tuesday.

Thanks for the hugs! I can use them.

Catherine

HonoluluMom
10-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Yikes! Hope everyone heals quickly and that days fly by with no big bumps in the road! :hug5:

lkoala
10-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Do they still sell Calgon? I hope things get better, less crazy, soon!

Philly Mom
10-09-2013, 06:18 PM
You are doing another mom a favor and she is making things difficult? Really? Strength and wine to get through the long weekend.

crl
10-09-2013, 07:22 PM
You are doing another mom a favor and she is making things difficult? Really? .

That really stunned me too. And it was presented as something I had to do after I had already agreed to give the kid a ride. Not like, "oh thank you for offering, but you would need to make an extra stop, are you sure you want to do that?" but like "okay and you will need to stop at our house too to pick up his bag." When I said, you could just give it to me now she said no because her dh is insistent about the bag and it has to come home. WTH? What am I going to do, steal his gear and sell it on CL? No more rides for them.

Anyway, got the baseball boys picked up and dropped off. And they were pretty nice to the three year old so that was good. :)

Forty minutes then I get the neighbor kids and go to pick ds up from baseball. Pizza, tv, bed. I can do it.

Catherine

liz
10-09-2013, 07:31 PM
That really stunned me too. And it was presented as something I had to do after I had already agreed to give the kid a ride. Not like, "oh thank you for offering, but you would need to make an extra stop, are you sure you want to do that?" but like "okay and you will need to stop at our house too to pick up his bag." When I said, you could just give it to me now she said no because her dh is insistent about the bag and it has to come home. WTH? What am I going to do, steal his gear and sell it on CL? No more rides for them.

:shake: That's nuts. Since you are doing her a favor, she should have helped to make things easier on you, sheesh.

Pizza, tv and bed sounds like the perfect way to end the day!

oneplustwo
10-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Hope you are munching on pizza as I type and getting ready to send everyone (plus yourself) off to bed! Just think ~ you made it through the day! Hope your DD is on the mend as well.

Pat yourself on the back and think of all the extra good karma in your bank for schlepping those two extra boys around and making that extra stop for the bag, and breathe a sigh of relief you will never need to offer to help transport that one kid again.

♥ms.pacman♥
10-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Pat yourself on the back and think of all the extra good karma in your bank for schlepping those two extra boys around and making that extra stop for the bag, and breathe a sigh of relief you will never need to offer to help transport that one kid again.

:yeahthat: you rock for doing all that, especially under all those circumstances!!

crl
10-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Thanks you all! We had dinner brought to us by the letter P: pizza, peaches and (mini Trader Joes) pumpkin pie. The kids are watching baseball and all I'm doing is saying, "no rough housing" every five minutes. All that's left is bed.

Catherine

hillview
10-10-2013, 07:27 AM
wow i am so sorry!

crl
10-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Yay! Everyone survived. It actually all went fine. Thanks everyone.

Catherine