PDA

View Full Version : Oh wretched rainbow loom...

Twoboos
10-09-2013, 08:41 PM
DD2 wouldn't get off the rainbow loom and finish her math program. She had 5 minutes left. Much arguing leads to the obvious, "If you don't do your math I will take the RL away."

I had to take it away. She was shrieking like I ripped off her arm, screaming and yelling at us, storming to her room, ranting. Now she has to earn it back.

I know I did the right thing, but now I am going to have to listen to her flying off the handle and begging and pleading and to get the damn thing back for days to come. I have made my life so eff-ing hard.

Third grade home life is off to a horrendous start so far - it's been a ridiculously long and challenging 5 weeks. :(

AngelaS
10-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Stay strong mama! You gave the threat, you followed thru and next time she'll know you're serious. Hang in there.

Gracemom
10-15-2013, 09:53 AM
We got the RL this weekend and my DD won't get off of it to go to bed! I had to wrestle it from her hands last night at 10 p.m. And the second she woke up she wanted to make another one. Are the bands made out of crack??

TwinFoxes
10-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Stay strong mama! You gave the threat, you followed thru and next time she'll know you're serious. Hang in there.

:yeahthat:

hellokitty
10-15-2013, 12:43 PM
That stinks. I found one yesterday for my 8 yr old at the store. However, we are saving it as a weekend toy. We have the same policy for their Nintendo DS. Only on wknds, IF they have been well behaved. So they have to earn the right to play with those toys if it is too disruptive yo their normal routine and schoolwork.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

westwoodmom04
10-15-2013, 05:59 PM
My dd's rainbow loom did not start out a weekend toy but quickly became one. Otherwise, I could not leave her alone in her room and expect anything to get done.

Pennylane
10-16-2013, 11:59 AM
DD2 wouldn't get off the rainbow loom and finish her math program. She had 5 minutes left. Much arguing leads to the obvious, "If you don't do your math I will take the RL away."

I had to take it away. She was shrieking like I ripped off her arm, screaming and yelling at us, storming to her room, ranting. Now she has to earn it back.

I know I did the right thing, but now I am going to have to listen to her flying off the handle and begging and pleading and to get the damn thing back for days to come. I have made my life so eff-ing hard.

Third grade home life is off to a horrendous start so far - it's been a ridiculously long and challenging 5 weeks. :(

Yes, sometimes the punishments are much worse for us than they are for the kids.

Ann

Twoboos
10-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Well, I have to say it wasn't as bad as I expected. She only asked for the 3 times, and not in a row, and not in a whiney voice. This is seriously a miracle. Last night she started on it pretty heavily though, saying we said a week and it's been for-EV-er, sooooo much longer than that. <eyeroll> She'll get it back tomorrow, unless there is a giant meltdown today.

Thanks for the support!! :) GL to everyone else dealing with the Crack-Bow Loom.

crayonblue
10-16-2013, 05:09 PM
So I ordered the wretched Rainbow Loom and dumb me had it sent to our old address! So I drove 20 miles today to the ONLY Michael's in the area that has it in stock. I bought one. Let the looming obsession begin. I think I will hide it until tomorrow...DD1 has a lot of homework tonight.