PDA

View Full Version : 30% off Planetbox Shuttle!!!

Melaine
10-10-2013, 01:36 PM
It's a little convoluted getting the discount, but here are the instructions: http://planetbox.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1330032

Would love any feedback on this....very tempted but it's still a lot of money (comes out to about $28 plus tax/shipping).

By the way, you CAN purchase more than one at the discount and go back and delete any other full price items from your cart. It was about as clear as mud when they first explained it on facebook but I fiddled around with it and figured it out.

Melaine
10-10-2013, 03:43 PM
So no one is getting this? Does anyone use this for your kids for lunch or is it too small?

jam224
10-10-2013, 03:54 PM
I wish you could get the discount without having to buy $30 worth of stuff. :/ The stainless steel is appealing though because I'd love to be able to just throw it in the dishwasher, instead of having to hand wash the plastic Ziploc containers we use now.

Dream
10-10-2013, 04:07 PM
So no one is getting this? Does anyone use this for your kids for lunch or is it too small?

I have it so don't need another one.

Momit
10-10-2013, 05:10 PM

I was tempted but it does look a little small. Plus I appear to have a slight addiction to buying lunch supplies for DS, who is not even in school yet. I've been unpacking and found Funtainers, innoBaby bento containers, LunchBots, a Laptop Lunch kit, about 5 Skip Hop zoo lunch bags, a couple from Lands End, one from LLBean, two from Garnet Hill... :bag

AnnieW625
10-10-2013, 05:19 PM
I am tempted to buy one for myself, but I rarely make sandwiches for myself. I wonder if it would work for salads, but I think for 3 cups of salad if I really to be eco concious I'd get a better deal with a mason jar. I could honestly see myself and maybe DD1 using the Launch (though because it is simplest design), but I really don't need to be buying anymore lunch stuff right now (although DD1 does need a new lunch bag soon) and she likes the Ziploc containers (and I just bought two more two packs for a grand total of $8). We put ours in the dishwasher though (I know not a big enough :bag for admitting that!).

I agree that I wish the discount didn't need to be purchased with another $30 worth of stuff.

Tenasparkl
10-10-2013, 05:19 PM
I've been in the market for a rover and a shuttle so this was a great deal for me. I bought a second shuttle for DS too. Spent way too much!

cilantromapuche
10-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I personally love the lunchbots for the smaller containers. We have the larger planetboxes but I have the lunchbots in quad, trio, duo and uno (depending on what I want to send for lunch). Yes, I have an addiction.

hillview
10-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I am ordering 3 of them and managed to get the system to allow me to delete the full price item and order 3 shuttles at the 30% off rate. It is still $$ for a snack container but I love planetbox!

crl
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm tempted. I love our original planet box and was thinking I would probably get the shuttle for dd for next year when she will likely stay for lunch at preschool. But I don't really need it yet and I'm trying not to buy stuff just because it's a good deal. . . . . Also I was planning to let her pick her magnets and carrier so it would be easier to do when it is time.

Catherine

longamkl
10-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm interested in this since I have two owl rover sets from the Pottery Barn Kids clearance sales in waiting for next year and I could use the $30 to get some accessories to make one of them more boy themed (since I need one boy and one girl one) and would then potentially get 2 launches for now in pre-k but there's another $10.99 in shipping that stings after paying so much already. Does anyone know if free shipping is offered at any stage?

Melaine
10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Just so everyone understands, you can buy just 2 at the sale price. Just add something to get to $30, then add two or more shuttle at the sale price, then delete the original items.

♥ms.pacman♥
10-10-2013, 09:44 PM
ack, so tempting! but the thing is, I really want the Rover :) i'm a sucker for things with a bajillion compartments (hence why I love the Spencer with its 5 components). we don't really do sandwiches that much and so not sure i'd use the Shuttle bc the kids would complain that this or that food is touching another (they're at that age where everything has to be separate..they still eat dinner out of divided plates).

i love our PBK Spencer bento boxes, but the thing i'm not a fan of is how we have to handwash them, and they arent' the easiest to clean.

happyturtles
10-10-2013, 11:40 PM
I think Planet Box caught the glitch. It appears to be fixed now. So that when I delete the full price items, the discounted Shuttle also disappears. :(

tg_canada
10-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Did the people who deleted their original $30 items get shipping notices yet? I noticed you could do that, but the instructions were clear that you weren't supposed to order just the discounted item. So I figured they'd just email people and say "hey, you didn't spend $30, would you like to or would you like to cancel your order" so I stuck to their rules for the sale.

I did receive a shipping notice for my stuff a couple hours after I ordered.

Melaine
10-11-2013, 06:05 AM
I didn't actual checkout. I didn't realize the wording was clear on it bc the explanation on Facebook was so confusing. they are so stingy with their product!

socaintexas
10-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Did the people who deleted their original $30 items get shipping notices yet? I noticed you could do that, but the instructions were clear that you weren't supposed to order just the discounted item. So I figured they'd just email people and say "hey, you didn't spend $30, would you like to or would you like to cancel your order" so I stuck to their rules for the sale.

I did receive a shipping notice for my stuff a couple hours after I ordered.

Yes. I got my shipping confirmation. I ordered two of the discounted shuttles and deleted the original items.

tg_canada
10-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I read their Facebook page too and I understood the promotion. I needed some replacement Ice packs and sleeves anyway so I was able to meet the $30 minimum.

I think it says something about them that they processed the orders that didn't meet the requirements. :thumbsup: Even if the web site allowed the deletion of the other items, that doesn't mean it was "allowed". I think it was awesome they processed those orders without comment. Keeps the customers happy even if those customers knew they were being sneaky. ;)

Might have been nice if they did a "10% off one Shuttle or 30% off as many as you want of you spend $30". To cover those people who only needed one or weren't able to go in with a friend's order (I know some people that went in together and got ice packs and cutlery for their current boxes then bought several discounted Shuttles).

It's unfortunate the Canadian shipping is so high as it was 33% more than the discount I received on the two Shuttles so doesn't feel like I got a deal at all. LOL

ijopint
10-11-2013, 11:53 AM
I ordered one full item and ordered two discounted shuttle at the checkout. I was able to delete the full item when I went back to the store(located at the bottom of the page , then view the cart and delete the full price. I have to pay for the shipping cost of 9.99 . so two shuttles for $65.93-- I think not bad at $33.00@, considering I save so much money packing DS lunch and making sure it is healthy. Wish they have more designs and colors.

Melaine
10-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I read their Facebook page too and I understood the promotion. I needed some replacement Ice packs and sleeves anyway so I was able to meet the $30 minimum.

I think it says something about them that they processed the orders that didn't meet the requirements. :thumbsup: Even if the web site allowed the deletion of the other items, that doesn't mean it was "allowed". I think it was awesome they processed those orders without comment. Keeps the customers happy even if those customers knew they were being sneaky. ;)

Might have been nice if they did a "10% off one Shuttle or 30% off as many as you want of you spend $30". To cover those people who only needed one or weren't able to go in with a friend's order (I know some people that went in together and got ice packs and cutlery for their current boxes then bought several discounted Shuttles).

It's unfortunate the Canadian shipping is so high as it was 33% more than the discount I received on the two Shuttles so doesn't feel like I got a deal at all. LOL

I think this is kind of a rude comment, tbh. I went off Planetbox's comment of: "PlanetBox If you purchase $30 worth of any products on our website, its triggers the discounted Shuttle offer. You can change the quantity and purchase as many discounted Shuttles as you like." They didn't specify "regular priced items" so my understanding was that they wanted you to meet the $30 threshold, whether buying discounted shuttles or other items. I didn't think of it as sneaky, at all. And it's not like folks found some glitch that let them buy a bunch at 90%...this is still a small discount in the bargain world. JMO, and I didn't purchase, just trying to share a deal here.

socaintexas
10-11-2013, 12:23 PM
They got $66 of my hard earned dollars for two shuttles so I don't feel bad at all! :)

Binkandabee
10-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks! I did order some extra items, although, not $30.00 worth and was able to get the 30% off two Shuttles. They will be perfect for our road trips!

They shipped SUPER fast. Ordered around 1:30, and received a shipping notice 2 hours later. Amazing!

tg_canada
10-12-2013, 02:43 PM
I think this is kind of a rude comment, tbh. I went off Planetbox's comment of: "PlanetBox If you purchase $30 worth of any products on our website, its triggers the discounted Shuttle offer. You can change the quantity and purchase as many discounted Shuttles as you like." They didn't specify "regular priced items" so my understanding was that they wanted you to meet the $30 threshold, whether buying discounted shuttles or other items. I didn't think of it as sneaky, at all. And it's not like folks found some glitch that let them buy a bunch at 90%...this is still a small discount in the bargain world. JMO, and I didn't purchase, just trying to share a deal here.

The wording in my email stated "so for 10 days only, a PlanetBox Shuttle Complete is 30% off with a purchase of $30.00. Here's what you do:

1) Fill your shopping cart with $30.00 worth of any products (not including the discounted Shuttle)"

So it clearly stated the discounted shuttle didn't count towards the $30. Even the first sentence on it's own says to me "spend $30 and you can them buy a Shuttle for $30". The wording I read on Facebook also stated "not including the discounted shuttle".

With the wording I posted and along with the fact that you weren't presented with the a discounted Shuttle until you had $30 in your cart, I understood what they were expecting. Deleting the original items after the fact is a convoluted way to get the discounted items only if they had been intending for it to be allowed.

The wording you posted did not include "not including the discounted Shuttle" so I can see how that would set things up to be misunderstood. My email and the Facebook post I read was not the same as what you posted. So I must have not seen the Facebook post with the wording you posted.

As for this being a small discount, I know they are a very small company and I don't know what their profit margins are. So I can't say whether or not getting this discount without the original $30 purchase would be a hardship to the business. On a small scale likely not, on a large scale maybe.

I still think its great that they let the orders go through without being jerks about it. Whether or not their wording was clear, they clearly realize having a bunch of unhappy customers wouldn't be good for their business.

socaintexas
10-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Got mine on the mail today! Thanks OP.