PDA

View Full Version : Coming home outfit for me? For baby girl?

bisous
10-11-2013, 03:38 PM
I think these questions technically belong in other forums, BUT since this forum is full of all things "expecting" I thought I might get the opinions of other ladies who are in my "position" (or will soon be!). Plus, here I can put them together. :)

Just wondering, what do you wear home? What would you put a little girl in?

TIA!

Jen

Philly Mom
10-11-2013, 03:43 PM
DD2 will be coming home in 1 of a couple choices of sleepers. I will probably let DH pick but I will get veto power. I will probably be wearing yoga pants and a cardigan. With DD1, it was august so I wore a tank top home.

sarahsthreads
10-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I wore maternity yoga pants and a maternity top that I liked but had become a bit too snug by the end - I figured it was the best top to pack in the bag and leave there since I really couldn't wear it over the ginormous belly but it fit up until the last month so it would definitely fit postpartum. And then - being aware of the number of cameras that might be around - I packed a onesie for DS that had a similar color in it so we'd match without really matching. If it had been cooler (he came home at the end of August) I'd have done a one-piece sleeper.

My girls came home in a sleeper (DD1, October baby) and a onesie (DD2, July baby). I went with comfort over fussy/fancy for the coming home outfit in all three cases.

Sarah :)

specialp
10-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Not in the same boat as you ladies, but with my fall baby, I wore home dark maternity leggings and a flowy maternity empire waist tunic. There were buttons up top if I needed access and I felt put together for all the pictures. We brought 3 sleepers and used the one that fit best.

123LuckyMom
10-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Just bring one of your favorite maternity outfits. You won't be ready for regular clothes again for a little while.

A sweet sleeper is the easiest thing to dress a new baby in. You'll want something that doesn't enclose her legs (like a sleep sack), because you'll need to put her in a car seat. Swaddleme does make a swaddle that you can wrap around the baby in the harness, if you feel strongly about keeping her swaddled in the car seat.

schrocat
10-11-2013, 05:08 PM
I'll be wearing black Land's Ends Starfish pants in S which I've been wearing throughout this pregnancy. They're great for before and during pregnancy. Will probably pair it with my favourite nursing top from the Gap which I've been wearing through this pregnancy too since I'm still nursing my 3 year old. I haven't decided on baby girl's coming home outfit yet since we might need to buy her a size smaller than a newborn size. We have some newborn size sleepers and I might just get a simple set from Carters for her. I spend more on clothes I know she'll wear a little longer.

Tondi G
10-11-2013, 08:38 PM
I wore a pair of yoga pants, a nursing tank top and a cardigan. I had boys but even if I had a girl I would probably bring her home in a sleeper/zipper one piece. It makes getting their little tiny selves into the infant car seat easier.

something like these ... no socks to lose! And my babies were tiny ... even my 7.5 pounder DS2, the up to 7 lbs size was a little big.
http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_-1_1008700_837654_24101%7C132920%7C391961_newborn%7 Cgirls%7Csleepwear_newborn
http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_-1_1049796_953990_24101%7C132914_newborn%7Clayette_ newborn

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446029007&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374305284925&bmUID=1381538241059&productSizeSelected=0&fit_type=

TxCat
10-11-2013, 08:57 PM
I think I've already forgotten!!

DD1 and DD2 both went home in footed sleepers. I wore white Gap maternity jean capris and a tank top both times -with DD2 it was a gray ON nursing tank with a blue and white striped blouse over it, unbuttoned. And gray ballet flats.

bostonsmama
10-13-2013, 05:26 PM
I think I wore a foldover waist skirt in black, a nursing tank in grey and a drapey cardigan. I really hate nursing tanks for "support," so maybe in retrospect I should have worn a bra. No one is going to see me this time around, so I don't really care what I go home in. I don't usually have time (nor do I want to sit on anyone's shower stool) to shave everywhere, so I tend to go for long pants (yoga or stretchy maternity cords) and a weather-appropriate top. It'll be cold for our little guy this time, but it was pretty mild in the fall for DD.

DD went home in a one-piece stretchie (footed sleeper) with matching hat in size Premie that we borrowed. She was 6.5 lbs when we went home. The newborn size swallowed her, and the 0-3 mos size was laughable. I think for DS we're going to do a LS kimono-style top, diaper, maybe some pants (no idea what size he'll be after a 3-wk ICU stay) and a cute teddy bear hat in white. A friend got us an embroidered blanket from PBK, so hopefully that'll be draped over him for the ride.

bisous
10-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks everybody! I don't know why I care but I want to look nice when I go home. Nobody will be meeting me and maybe I"ll change my tune when I'm a couple of days post c-section, lol. I realized I need to wear something I feel good in. I've been living in my white maxi skirt this summer but I think that would be a bad choice for a few days post partum, with all the bleeding and everything! (Although TxCat, I BOW to you for wearing white denim home from the hospital!) I need something in two parts (no dresses) that will be kind to my c-section scar. So I bought a new black maternity maxi skirt that I think will work well post partum as well. I am going to pair it with a fitted black nursing friendly t-shirt and will buy a cardigan to add some color and comfort (and to wrap around my large middle!). I hope that will be both cute and comfy!

I let DH do some online shopping and I think we'll buy this cute outfit for baby to wear home.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/offspring-footie-hat-baby-girls/3554758?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=4224

But I'm still undecided. I have this secret fear that baby will be bigger than anticipated and then I'll have shelled out money for an outfit never to be worn, lol.

These things are super fun for me to plan so thanks for indulging me. :) I know it won't be a Kate Middleton moment. I'm usually not so attractive after my births as my legs swell up like tree trunks so it is all about hiding my entire lower section while feeling feminine.

megs4413
10-14-2013, 04:10 PM
I've worn home jeans every time so far with a hoodie and a t-shirt. I've never had a C-section, though. I plan to bring yoga pants and jeans this time and go with whichever works. I'll pair it with a nursing tank and a cardigan to give is a more put-together feel. I always try to look nice for going home. Not sure why....I bring my makeup to the hospital and hair dryer/straightener and do the whole thing before we go home...maybe because I know it's the last time nurses will look after baby while I get that done! LOL

ETA:
I will bring several outfit options for DD. The one I *hope* works is this one from gymbo:

http://www.peekasku.com/Gymboree/Gymboree%20images/140113/140113240.jpg
http://www.peekasku.com/Gymboree/Gymboree%20images/140113/140113244_alternate.jpg

AnnieW625
10-15-2013, 12:09 PM
With Dd1 I wore a pair of maternity jeans and a nursing top. With DD2 I wore a nursing top and black lounge pants. I put on some light makeup, but otherwise I was just happy to be going home.

Dd1 came home in a nursing gown because the outfit I brought for her to come home in was gigantic! She was 6lbs. 6 oz. so I literally had no outfits that fit her until she was a week old and I got her some long sleeve onesies from Target (it as her first shopping trip!:)). She was born in early April.

Dd2 came home in a Classic Pooh newborn sleep n play outfit that had been a gift from DH's coworkers from Dd1. I made sure I brought a variety of outfits that time and am glad I brought something smaller. She was 6lbs. 4 oz. . Dd2 was born in late April.

Megs, that is an adorable outfit. I was so bummed when I couldn't find cute little sister stuff at Gymboree as the seasons were off or they were out of newborn sizes. I never get why they don't do more matching little sibling stuff at the same time and I usually hate matching stuff. It seemed to be either big sister in long sleeve or little sister in short sleeve or big brother and little sister or big sister and little brother (at least in 2010).

barkley1
10-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Good plan to include a cardigan to hide the belly :). With my second, I wore a pretty wine colored nursing tank home, but it was more fitted than I realized. So, there's a niiiiice big ol' roll of belly under my sweetly cradled baby in all the photos. Not a big deal at all....I mean, really, I was only 2 days PP. However, I could have made a better choice in hindsight.