PDA

View Full Version : Diagnose this pain please

barkley1
10-11-2013, 06:11 PM
I have the strangest jaw/neck pain that has come on gradually today, in waves. I have TMJ but it is really doing much better these days and this is nothing like I've ever felt before. It feels a tiny bit burning and tingling, but mostly pain. Not shooting though. And it is in my lower jaw mostly along the jaw bone (esp where it hurts when you eat a lemon or something sour) but as its getting worse, it's under the chin, too. Like in that soft part towards the throat.

I'm not particularly stressed, but my shoulders are alway tight. DH rubbed them but it didnt help. I did get the flu mist vaccine yesterday, so wonder if it is related? I'm a little panicky aBout it since its jaw pain....I think I just want someone to reassure me I'm not hAving a heart attack at the ripe old age of 35!!!!! Any ideas?

ETA: ACK! I just remembered I got Botox on Monday, for the second time… No problems the first time. Off to Google side effects!

sarahsthreads
10-11-2013, 09:35 PM
I had pain like that last year and it turned out to be swollen lymph nodes - I had no idea there were lymph nodes under your jaw like that. My doctor did actually have me come in to be sure it was nothing serious because I do have chronic hypertension, but that's all it turned out to be.

Since lymph nodes swell when your body is fighting of a virus or bacterial infection, it seems pretty reasonable that it could be related to the flu vaccine!

Sarah