PDA

View Full Version : 25% off at Kickboard USA

geophne
10-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Just saw this posted on their facebook page. Kickboard USA is offering 25% off with the code HOLIDAY2013. The coupon code is not applicable to parts, accessories, or used/sale merchandise.

http://www.kickboardusa.com/

eta: looks like the code is good until 10/31. Also, the sale should also be going on in B&M stores that sell the scooters.

Philly Mom
10-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Is that as cheap as they come? Do you know how long this sale is for? Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

geophne
10-12-2013, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=Philly Mom;3881537]Is that as cheap as they come? Do you know how long this sale is for? Thanks for posting.

That's the best deal I've seen for a while unless you want to get one of the clearance models. I couldn't find anywhere that said how long the sale is going on, but it just started today.

Tondi G
10-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Bummer doesn't apply to the larger scooters ... tried it on the Micro black and it says the code doesn't apply. :(

baileygirl
10-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Bummer doesn't apply to the larger scooters ... tried it on the Micro black and it says the code doesn't apply. :(

You might try again. I am considering getting one of the larger scooters, and the code allowed me to take off the 25%...but I didn't go thru all of the steps to actually buy it. Were you considering the Micro black for a child or an adult? I am trying to decide if I should get DS1 a teen one (he is 7 so not a teen) and pass the maxi down to his brother who has a mini...or get DS2 a maxi.

Philly Mom
10-13-2013, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Philly Mom;3881537]Is that as cheap as they come? Do you know how long this sale is for? Thanks for posting.

That's the best deal I've seen for a while unless you want to get one of the clearance models. I couldn't find anywhere that said how long the sale is going on, but it just started today.

Thanks. Just bought one. Very excited for it to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mom of XX&XY
10-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I want to order 2 of these for Christmas. One for 5 yo DS so a TBar, but my 9 yo DD which one for her the tbar or pilot stick?

tg_canada
10-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm confused, how come the elementary school ones that say ages 5-11 have 3 wheels? DD just turned 7 and rides a scooter that looks like the teen models, but hers is a cheapy handed down for her older sister so I'd like to get her a quality one.

Should I be getting her a 3 wheeled one now? Or ordering a teen one? She's fine on the 2 wheeled one and is able to use the brake (has a foot brake over rear wheel).

Snow mom
10-13-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm confused, how come the elementary school ones that say ages 5-11 have 3 wheels? DD just turned 7 and rides a scooter that looks like the teen models, but hers is a cheapy handed down for her older sister so I'd like to get her a quality one.

Should I be getting her a 3 wheeled one now? Or ordering a teen one? She's fine on the 2 wheeled one and is able to use the brake (has a foot brake over rear wheel).

The three wheel scooters steer/ride differently than a two wheel scooter. It isnt really that three wheels are needed to keep upright or anything like that. It's the mini/ maxi kick (three wheel) scooters that seem to be very popular on this board.

nfceagles
10-14-2013, 12:43 PM
The three wheel scooters steer/ride differently than a two wheel scooter. It isnt really that three wheels are needed to keep upright or anything like that. It's the mini/ maxi kick (three wheel) scooters that seem to be very popular on this board.

She's right. These are a different kind of scooter. They are steered by leaning and the three wheels is part of the design. They really are superior to the typical razor scoot. BUT the three wheel design has been a problem for us. The neighbor kids think it's a kiddie scooter and I've had several neighbor mothers say things like, "That's a nice scooter for the little ones." My DS got a Razor scooter as a gift from an Uncle who didn't know he already had a scooter and DS will only ride that one now. I can't convince him that the Maxi isn't a kiddie scooter even though it's so clearly superior. My 5yo still rides the Maxi so it's getting used, but I gave up on the idea of buying a second one so they'd each have one.

Tondi G
10-14-2013, 05:13 PM
You might try again. I am considering getting one of the larger scooters, and the code allowed me to take off the 25%...but I didn't go thru all of the steps to actually buy it. Were you considering the Micro black for a child or an adult? I am trying to decide if I should get DS1 a teen one (he is 7 so not a teen) and pass the maxi down to his brother who has a mini...or get DS2 a maxi.

I was looking for my 8 year old. He's a BIG boy ... and I'm sure his 5'9'' older brother will take a spin on it too. I think the teen and adult version of the Micro black are the same. DS2 had the chance to ride a friends scooter with the larger wheels and said he wanted one with larger wheels than his regular razor.

Of course yesterday he told me he wants an electric scooter now... LOL. Lazy boy!

Tondi G
10-14-2013, 05:15 PM
I just tried again just now and it accepted the code!! Now to decide if we should pull the trigger on this one.

tg_canada
10-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Okay thanks. I also saw them as the wheels being needed for stability or new learners. So I can see how people would think that. But I also wouldn't make comments about it being good for little kids. If I saw older kids on them, I'd quickly figure out that this was a different design and probably ask the parent about it. Because I'd be interested in one for my own kid!

They look cool so we'll probably give one a shot. We seem to set the trends where we live so I'm cool with the kids having some different. :D

indigo99
10-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Wow. $130 scooters. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but that's about twice what I'm willing to pay for a scooter.