PDA

View Full Version : Joint Birthday Party Gift Question

Ms B
10-15-2013, 10:08 AM
This is a new one on me. The Biscuit just got invited to a joint 3rd birthday party for two of his classmates at school -- one girl, one boy. They are not related, but I know that they have regular playdates, etc. Based on the address, this looks like a party at someone's home.

What is the present etiquette? I presume one gift for each child, but do you get the same gift (and what would that be? Stomp rockets for this age group? Green Toys dump trucks, tool kits, or dishes (different colors))?

Or do you get different gifts that are in the same price range?

FWIW, The Biscuit plays with both of these kids, but is not particularly close to either one. We have not done playdates with them as we have with some of the other kids in the class who are closer to The Biscuit's age.

TIA!

lizzywednesday
10-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Set a budget & stick to it and buy what fits. If you need help, ask the kids' respective parents what their children are into to get a sense of what to get.

In my opinion, there's no need to get the same gift for both children - since they're not related, there's no risk of fighting over it!