PDA

View Full Version : Attention Playmobil addicts-- FAO Victorian set, 49.98

Seitvonzu
10-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Have you all seen this? :

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12945090&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

it's down from 129.99 to 49.98!!!

it's BEAUTIFUL :) it is also a bit elusive....don't count on the store inventory thing. when i did that it said it wasn't in any store ANYWHERE ...except for one 25 miles from my mother all the way across the country. however, when i went to the store they found it much closer and told me that the inventory online won't show if there are 2 or less at a store (i don't ever remember our store having 2!)

so many figures! old timey car! carriage! tearoom and cool fence! i think it goes nicely will all my, errr...i mean LUCY's wedding sets :) (i think this might actually be under the tree for me on christmas. from santa ;))

willow33
10-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Love it! I still have all the wedding stuff tucked away for DD :)

Corie
10-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Shoot! I should never open any Playmobil threads!

I just called our local TRU and they have one. I put it on hold and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. :)

Seitvonzu
10-15-2013, 06:35 PM
oh YES corie :) i'm so very happy :) you'll love it :) (say it's for you!!! and my day will be made :))

Rainbows&Roses
10-15-2013, 07:25 PM
They were down to $37 at one point about a month ago which is when I bought but I was willing to pay the $50 as they are so nice. They were out of stock during friends and family so they must have found more. These ship directly from playmobil in a playmobil box FYI.

Corie
10-15-2013, 09:21 PM
oh YES corie :) i'm so very happy :) you'll love it :) (say it's for you!!! and my day will be made :))

Okay, I admit it. It's for me. :)

I can't help it! I LOVE Playmobil.

kaharris83
10-15-2013, 09:28 PM
I was there and I picked one up today but I have no idea why. I scanned it and thought $50 was a great deal so I bought it. Then I came home and saw this thread, LOL. I'm pretty sure my boys won't ever want it and my DH will freak out if he sees it. Guess I'll have to take it back. It looks fun though.

Seitvonzu
10-15-2013, 11:03 PM
ha corie! i'm going to wrap my up to myself from "santa" :) rainbowandroses, the sales associate that helped me told me they were marked less before, but i thought this was a pretty good price. you can't get it from toyRus online anymore-- have to pick it up in a store. also, no store near me shows they have stock....but i never trust those things, and it was a good thing-- cause they told me they can have up to 2 of them and it will say "out of stock" i am happy i got this for sure, but i MUST stop christmas shopping and it's only the middle of october ;) while i was in toys R us i saw that calico critters were having a couple promotions and i bought something i'd sworn i wasn't going to (a rather BIG something). my daughter will be ecstatic ;)

pachelbel9
10-16-2013, 08:23 AM
FYI - shipping option is back via the website. It shipped free because I spent $80. Unfortunately it isn't eligible for shoprunner 2 day shipping (why does that never apply to anything I order from TRU?!).

Now this will sit in my basement for a couple years, waiting for my 16 month old to get older. I don't even know why I bought this :)

JLiebCamm
10-16-2013, 09:58 AM
They are in stock online right now. Just ordered one. Thanks!

infomama
10-16-2013, 10:02 AM
I love that set but I have to restrain myself. I'm in purge mode!!

jvs195
10-16-2013, 10:05 AM
I am being strong (I still have a closet full of wedding stuff I've not given to DD yet) And yes most of the Playmobil is for me, the kids are just "meh" on it once it's assembled.

calv
10-16-2013, 12:15 PM
They were down to $37 at one point about a month ago which is when I bought but I was willing to pay the $50 as they are so nice. They were out of stock during friends and family so they must have found more. These ship directly from playmobil in a playmobil box FYI.

OMG, why didn't you post when it was down to $37 now THAT is a steal!!!! did you guys see this? Cute that the top opens up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gmop8E4I18

Corie
10-16-2013, 12:29 PM
OMG, why didn't you post when it was down to $37

Yes, please, always post Playmobil deals!!

Rainbows&Roses
10-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Yes, please, always post Playmobil deals!!

I was going to, but it was OOS immediately after I bought.

Seitvonzu
10-16-2013, 03:19 PM
i understand why you didn't post...i almost didn't post because of the lack of stock online (at the time of post...) *shrug* i still feel GREAT about this deal! :)

calv
10-16-2013, 03:26 PM
I was going to, but it was OOS immediately after I bought.

why not post? all stores across the country are different and sure some would have the luck in finding it. ;)

JanBaby
10-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Shoot! I should never open any Playmobil threads!

I just called our local TRU and they have one. I put it on hold and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. :)

Omg I want this. Corie - which TRU did you call? Did they have any more?

Corie
10-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Omg I want this. Corie - which TRU did you call? Did they have any more?

Did you get one yet??

I bought the last one at the Kenwood TRU today. I had the manager do an inventory check.

Kenwood is sold out.
Colerain is sold out.

BUT, supposedly, Eastgate has 2 left in stock. I'd call first. And, give them this number from the Playmobil item
so they can double-check their inventory.

Additional Info
“R”Web#:947485

kbud
10-18-2013, 05:14 PM
It's in stock online right now! I just got one. Thanks!

JanBaby
10-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Did you get one yet??

I bought the last one at the Kenwood TRU today. I had the manager do an inventory check.

Kenwood is sold out.
Colerain is sold out.

BUT, supposedly, Eastgate has 2 left in stock. I'd call first. And, give them this number from the Playmobil item
so they can double-check their inventory.

Additional Info
“R”Web#:947485

Thanks for the info. We are out of town this wknd so I'll call Eastgate on Sunday. I figured if any place would have it, it's Eastgate LOL

Glad you got one!!

billysmommy
10-19-2013, 10:44 AM
I have no need for this as my boys are only into the pirate, knight, cowboy and Egypt sets. However I was in the TRU near our house and there was a lonely one sitting on the shelf. It somehow jumped in my cart and came home with me :). I can't wait to set it up!

Momit
10-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I have no need for this as my boys are only into the pirate, knight, cowboy and Egypt sets. However I was in the TRU near our house and there was a lonely one sitting on the shelf. It somehow jumped in my cart and came home with me :). I can't wait to set it up!

I was wondering if there was any way this would look remotely like something haunted, or pirate-y or knight like? Fingers crossed, because it looks really cool!

Corie
10-19-2013, 10:53 AM
It somehow jumped in my cart and came home with me :). I can't wait to set it up!

That is so weird how that happened!! Stuff jumps in my cart all the time too!! :)

MSWR0319
10-19-2013, 12:49 PM

Love it!! I have boys too and am really wanting to get this. DS did say he wanted it too, but then he said he wanted to use it as a barn and put the horses in. If it had free shipping, I would have ordered it online already. Our nearest store is an hour away and it is showing as out of stock, so I may look next week just to see if they have it if we are in the area. Or by then I may have caved already and ordered it! :bag

Seitvonzu
10-19-2013, 01:07 PM
i love all the boy mommies ordering this :) woohoo! :)

Daphnecita
10-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Couldn't resist. Thanks for posting OP. My store showed out of stock too but I checked anyway and there was one on the shelf--hooray!

Twoboos
10-19-2013, 06:39 PM

This clears up the question of if I should go to the TRU by the mall, LOL!

My kids don't really play with Playmobil, but yet I am tempted to track this down. BBB influence!!! ;)

Corie
10-19-2013, 08:26 PM
but yet I am tempted to track this down. BBB influence!!! ;)

We know you want one!!

MSWR0319
10-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Just in case anyone still has the bug, it's back in stock and has free shipping. I still haven't made it to our nearest store, so I bought it :innocent:. If by chance they have it in store this weekend, I'll just return this one because I have that Groupon from TRU I'd like to use. I think this is going to be my gift from Santa so DS and I can play together with it.

Momit
10-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Just in case anyone still has the bug, it's back in stock and has free shipping. I still haven't made it to our nearest store, so I bought it :innocent:. If by chance they have it in store this weekend, I'll just return this one because I have that Groupon from TRU I'd like to use. I think this is going to be my gift from Santa so DS and I can play together with it.

Woo hoo! I ordered one too. Not sure why, but I did!

ECMom
10-30-2013, 10:37 AM

I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to resist this deal even though my DD doesn't play with the dollhouses she has now. I'm wishing it will sell out for good!

MSWR0319
10-30-2013, 12:53 PM
I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to resist this deal even though my DD doesn't play with the dollhouses she has now. I'm wishing it will sell out for good!

10% back if you're a TRU Rewards member. ;) Not that I'm trying to influence you or anything!

Seitvonzu
10-30-2013, 02:24 PM
i'm so happy everyone is getting this, even for themselves :) that's totally what i'm doing :) i should just invest in a toy store. (child's father would argue that i have) i'm such a child ;)

Tenasparkl
10-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Thanks! I wanted it but none of the local stores had it in stock.

Corie
10-30-2013, 05:28 PM
i should just invest in a toy store. (child's father would argue that i have) i'm such a child ;)

Let's open up a toy store together!!! What a great job! :) (Can that even be called a job?)

joonbug
11-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Just picked it up at the store today as well (along with the Advent calendar 20 % off). Can't wait till Christmas, and I bet DD will be thrilled as well ;)

Seitvonzu
11-02-2013, 05:04 PM
I think that people who run independent stores would say it was...but i just think it would be so amazing!

Let's open up a toy store together!!! What a great job! :) (Can that even be called a job?)

kbud
07-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Anyone else very disappointed in their Victorian house? It's beautiful but will not stay together for more than 10-15 min. My dd tries to play with it and the house will not stay together. She is almost 7 so she plays with it appropriately. The roof pieces will not stay on and once one falls off the whole roof falls apart. The house frame will not stay on it's base and many other things always pop off. The steering wheel to the car fell off on Christmas Day when we first put it together. They sent us a new one and said that happens a lot. The second steering wheel lasted about 3 days. I am just so frustrated with it that it won't stay together. My dd loves it and wants to play with it but also gets so frustrated that it doesn't stay together. Anyone else?

Pennylane
07-01-2014, 10:15 AM
We don't have the house but I had the same problem with the school. My dc loved playing with it but it would not stay together. Such a disappointment as we paid over $100 for the set. I haven't bought any more of the sets since then.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KpbS
07-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Have you tried speaking to customer service? It's with a shot. I'm sorry it's such a disappointment. The older version my mom has is very sturdy and has endured years of play.

kbud
07-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Have you tried speaking to customer service? It's with a shot. I'm sorry it's such a disappointment. The older version my mom has is very sturdy and has endured years of play.

I probably will call when I can find the time. I spoke with them several times when the car steering wheel broke and they were very responsive.