PDA

View Full Version : Playmobil advent calendars?

wifecat
10-15-2013, 07:01 PM
This is the first year my kiddos are interested in these, and I feel like deals always get posted on here for them. Have there been any yet and/or which stores are the deals usually at? We saw them at BN today and my kids kind of freaked out over them...

Rainbows&Roses
10-15-2013, 07:23 PM
This is the first year my kiddos are interested in these, and I feel like deals always get posted on here for them. Have there been any yet and/or which stores are the deals usually at? We saw them at BN today and my kids kind of freaked out over them...

sign up for playmobil website e-mails and wait for a 20% or 25% off code. Shipping kills the deal just for the advent calendar though so unless you are ordering more, the best deal is probably going to be Toys R Us when they have a general playmobil sale. But they usually jack up their prices right before a sale so sometimes not any better deal than ordering direct.

We had the princess wedding one last year and I was extremely impressed.

ang79
10-15-2013, 08:30 PM
sign up for playmobil website e-mails and wait for a 20% or 25% off code. Shipping kills the deal just for the advent calendar though so unless you are ordering more, the best deal is probably going to be Toys R Us when they have a general playmobil sale. But they usually jack up their prices right before a sale so sometimes not any better deal than ordering direct.

We had the princess wedding one last year and I was extremely impressed.

We normally do the Lego Advent (DH is a huge Lego fan and the girls enjoy putting it together w/ daddy), but I know they would absolutely love the Playmobile princess wedding, so kinda tempted to try that out this year......

Seitvonzu
10-15-2013, 11:10 PM
i saw them at barnes and noble today too-- they regularly have coupons this time of year, and sometimes on black friday they have very high value coupons.... that might be your best bet.

we have THREE playmobil advent calendars-- santa in the woods, the christmas post office and fairies. i so love them that i put up with assembling and organizing them everyyear... for my ONE child ;)

this year we got the lego friends calendar...so now we have FOUR to do ;)

Daphnecita
10-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Last year B&N had a sale that came out to the best price I can recall. I think it was 50% off on calendars, or maybe it was just advent calendars but whatever it was, the playmobil advent was included. I think they came out to be $10. There was a long thread about it here on the bargain forum. We love the playmobil advents too. I hope to find a good deal again this year.

YouAreTheFocus
10-16-2013, 02:14 AM
Thanks for posting this! I am excited that DS is finally old enough for these--I love the new pony one!

http://www.playmobil.us/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=4167

MomtoNico
10-16-2013, 06:12 AM
I just noticed kohls has one.
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1149155/playmobil-winter-advent-calendar-playset-4166.jsp
The 30 % off starts tomorrow. Wish they had Legos.

wifecat
10-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Since we're new to this (as of yesterday!) which one is better to start with - Lego or Playmobil calendars? I have two kiddos and last year they did the Advent calendar from Trader Joe's (the 1.99 one) and they shared really well, so I think we'll stick with having just one. They're almost 3 and 4.5.

nellonello
10-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Since we're new to this (as of yesterday!) which one is better to start with - Lego or Playmobil calendars? I have two kiddos and last year they did the Advent calendar from Trader Joe's (the 1.99 one) and they shared really well, so I think we'll stick with having just one. They're almost 3 and 4.5.

I think at their age I would go with Playmobil.

Corie
10-16-2013, 12:34 PM
I buy all new Playmobil advent calendars each year. Once they've been used for that year, then I add everything to our Playmobil collection.

carolinacool
10-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Maybe a silly question, but where do you guys set this up? I looked at them last year when they were half-price at B&N, but I wasn't sure of a good place to put it. Small house and not a lot of table space.

Daphnecita
10-16-2013, 02:26 PM

Your kids are exactly the same age as mine and I agree with PP, definitely Playmobil. We got our first one last year and I was afraid my then-almost-2 year old was still too young and would put the small pieces in her mouth or just have no interest but she loved it (and she didn't eat any of the small forest critters). She carried Santa around or the animals and after awhile would bring them back and put them in the scene. Older DD played with the whole set and enjoyed feeding the animals and having Santa pull the sleigh around. That calendar was the start of our playmobil collection. We now have the farm and it gets a lot of love, and the zoo which is not as popular

ang79
10-16-2013, 03:08 PM
I think we've done 3 years of Lego calendars so far, so the girls were 2 and 4 when we started. I got the first one because my DH has always been a Lego nut and his B-day is around Thanksgiving, so it was part of his B-day gift, then they started it in Dec. My youngest just started to get into it last year at age 4. The girls like to open the doors and "help" daddy build the pieces and set up the scene. And they like to play with the minifigs and animals that come w/ each set. After they are finished the pieces go into the huge Lego collection for future play.

They have enjoyed the Legos, though I think they might get more pretend play out of the Playmobile one (especially if its princess), or even with the Lego friends one, but then they wouldn't have the same type of interaction w/ daddy I don't think. Not sure yet what I'll be getting this year. Probably depends on what kind of good deals I can find!

Seitvonzu
10-16-2013, 03:26 PM
i think 3 and 4.5 is DEFINITELY playmobil time :) my daughter has been into playmobil since 2, but she's an only w/ a SAHM so i wasn't worried about the pieces....well, from a choking standpoint ;)

carolinacool-- we live in a townhouse and certainly also lack "table space" as you say (at christmas time it either has a decoration OR toys on it... if it's a flat surface) sadly, i just put the advent calendars around our christmas tree (we have THREE playmobils AND this year i'm adding the lego...it's alot!) i actually really love the "cops and robbers" advent calendar on the playmobil site and have thought about it, but i just can't stand YET ANOTHER SET UP. maybe i'll do like corie and switch to "back to the general fray...." (except for the christmas sets-- they might stay with the christmas playmobil that only comes out for about 3 months...we have ALL of that -- nativity, market, christmas room, sleigh ride)

Corie
10-16-2013, 07:41 PM
maybe i'll do like corie and switch to "back to the general fray...." (except for the christmas sets-- they might stay with the christmas playmobil that only comes out for about 3 months...we have ALL of that -- nativity, market, christmas room, sleigh ride)

Yes, I should clarify. The Christmas specific sets get packed up with the Christmas stuff. I don't want Santa wondering around in
the wedding chapel.

carolinacool
10-16-2013, 08:18 PM
carolinacool-- we live in a townhouse and certainly also lack "table space" as you say (at christmas time it either has a decoration OR toys on it... if it's a flat surface) sadly, i just put the advent calendars around our christmas tree (we have THREE playmobils AND this year i'm adding the lego...it's alot!) i actually really love the "cops and robbers" advent calendar on the playmobil site and have thought about it, but i just can't stand YET ANOTHER SET UP. maybe i'll do like corie and switch to "back to the general fray...." (except for the christmas sets-- they might stay with the christmas playmobil that only comes out for about 3 months...we have ALL of that -- nativity, market, christmas room, sleigh ride)

Around the tree is a good idea for us. We don't buy tons of gifts, so I think I could make that work. I think DS, who turns 4 at the beginning of December, might be into this year. Man, I wish I had snagged that deal at B&N last year!

Seitvonzu
10-16-2013, 09:38 PM
we have the tree thing work because we don't have tons of gifts around it (we mail most of the gifts to people and then most of lu's stuff comes from "santa" (the bigger stuff anyhow). so it works for us :) it does sometimes get knocked over, but my kid just puts the scene back up -or her dad does it ;)

MomtoNico
10-18-2013, 07:11 PM
The playmobile advent calendar is on sale at kohls. Haha everything is always on sale at kohls. But it's 22.39 but with the 30 off its 15.xx.

wifecat
10-18-2013, 08:22 PM
The playmobile advent calendar is on sale at kohls. Haha everything is always on sale at kohls. But it's 22.39 but with the 30 off its 15.xx.

Sweet! It must have changed this afternoon! Glad I hadn't finalized my cart yet. Just this morning it was more! Thanks for posting! I got it for my kids. The Sticky Mosaic jewelry box is also a good deal right now - $11.89 on sale then $8.32 after the 30% code.