PDA

View Full Version : Vince Sweaters

lcarlson90
10-16-2013, 09:50 PM
I tried on and fell in love with a Vince sweater today. It was so soft. I know there are a few ladies here who have some Vince stuff so my question is....do they stay as soft after they are washed or dry cleaned. If I'm going to spend $200 on a sweater I want it to stay soft.

Tenasparkl
10-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I don't have any sweaters, but my favorite tshirts are Vince. They shrunk a little the first time I washed them but have been great ever since.

lovin2shop
10-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Love, love, love my Vince sweaters even after several years. What is the fabric content on yours?

etwahl
10-16-2013, 11:41 PM
They are currently having their Friends and Family sale (on their site) so a good time to shop. You could also try Shopbop.com which also has 25% friends and family (ends the 17th) and free shipping.

arivecchi
10-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I have tons of Vince sweaters and love them. I dry clean mine. There is no way I am throwing such a pricey sweater in a washing machine! Totally worth the $. I wear mine constantly in the winter.

lcarlson90
10-17-2013, 12:23 PM
I have tons of Vince sweaters and love them. I dry clean mine. There is no way I am throwing such a pricey sweater in a washing machine! Totally worth the $. I wear mine constantly in the winter.

I would only do dry clean. So even after dry cleaning they still feel the same?

lovin2shop
10-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Last Call has all of their Vince marked down an additional 30%, and they have a really good selection in stock right now. I shopped in store, but for anyone ordering online, I always have to size way down in these sweaters. They are supposed to be boxy, but I am short and have a small frame and they swallow me up unless I size down. I also got their colored skinny jeans in a brick red, and they are my very favorite jeans right now. No muffin, stretchy but not saggy, gorgeous color.

I usually wash mine on ultra delicate cycle and dry clean occasionally. I've read that dry cleaning cashmere wears down the fibers faster. Hand wash is the best, but that's not realistic for me, so it's a combo of the other two.

wallawala
10-18-2013, 12:51 AM
I have a sweater coat, a sweater and several t shirts. My TJMaxx "runway" or Nordstrom rack has great prices (well relatively... I think Ts were $59 and sweater was $129.

They are the greatest thing EVAH!!! Will scrimp to buy more. I wash the Ts on cold/delicate and lay flat air dry. One shrunk a little, the other not at all. Sweater I haven't tried washing yet... Might dryclean....

etwahl
10-18-2013, 09:18 AM
I just got this to wear as a coat (we're in San Diego). While I haven't worn it yet, I love it! I considered buying the black one last year, but I like this one's better, and I love the blue.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/vince-variegated-stripe-cardigan/3512948?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=Midnight&resultback=193&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_A

HannaAddict
10-18-2013, 10:31 AM
I bought one after seeing them raves about here and it did not hold up well at all, pulled thread, unraveled etc. . It was lovely when first worn but I would not buy one again. I dry cleaned it and it was not abused.

arivecchi
10-18-2013, 10:00 PM
That is surprising because I have lots of Vince sweaters and they all still look great. Of course, you will always get some piling on thick wool sweaters over time, but mine have held up to a lot of abuse and I live in Chicago so I get to wear them a big chunk of the year.

elektra
10-18-2013, 10:59 PM
I love my Vince sweater. I have worn it quite a bit, but I do go several wears before getting it drycleaned. It has been worth it for me. It is a special piece!

TxCat
10-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Also love my Vince sweaters. I usually hand wash with the wool/cashmere soap from the Laundress. I get several wears before each wash as well, which probably helps.

AnnieW625
10-21-2013, 02:40 PM

When I lived in Nor Cal and I actually needed some nicer heavy sweaters for work I dry cleaned them. None of mine were Vince though, but I would rather dry clean them vs. throwing them in the washing machine. Now I am okay with cotton or light wool blends from Ann Taylor, J Crew, or similar brands. I actually saw some cashmere sweaters the other day and wanted some, but seriously I never wear them or wool ones because they are often just too heavy.